Pineta Panettone Classico Italian Christmas Cake uploaded by Ghazal A.

BY PINETA #36 in Cakes & Pies

Pineta Panettone Classico Italian Christmas Cake
  • "I usually buy this for my husband every year he loves it, I substitute Panettone for bread in french toast and it is delicious." in 8 reviews
  • "It makes some of the best French Toast or bread pudding you've ever had or it's great with just a cup of tea!" in 5 reviews
Jeanine P.
Brooklyn, NY
Panettone is always my go to Christmas dessert. I use the same recipe every year. I mix a few eggs with a carton of refrigerator eggnog. Then I cube the cake. It is even better if it is stale. I pour the filling over the cake in a baking dish and cook until the bread pudding is done
Vanessa R.
Sweet Tooth Expert Level 1
Panettone is an Italian family's holiday staple! Whether Easter or Christmas, a fresh panettone is a must at the brunch table. This brand is pretty authentic in terms of flavor, but a little on the dry side. Also, the dried fruit inside was sort of stale...
Rylee H.
Gilbert, MN
These are so good!! I'm obsessed with them. I always get these when i'm grocery shopping. I've even convinced some of my friends to try them too and they love them just as much as I do! Definitely going to purchase again.
Julie P.
Sunbury, PA
Oh my goodness....I picked one of these up at the end of the Christmas season and simply fell in love. It is beyond delicious and I have to say I was quickly addicted to it. My husband loved it as well. I know it said you could made delicious french toast from it but honestly it was so flavorful we ate it just as it was; no butter, no spreads, just plain. Just writing this is making me hungry for it again. I cannot wait till it comes out again as it is not a normal staple one would find in the grocery store in this area. Totally worth whatever you have to spend on it. I was fortunate enough to get mine for 40% and later wished I had bought more and put them in the freezer for a later treat. Definitely can recommend this. We loved it. (Just for the record, ours had chocolate chips in it!)
Sarah O.
Sweet Tooth Expert Level 1
My mom loves this and gets it every year when they come out during the holidays. They’re pretty good but sometimes I cant get over the weird alcoholy smell. Maybe it comes from the fruit pieces inside?
Kristen H.
Spring Hill, FL
Oh holy cow, where do I start? We do a "Family Dinner" on Saturdays, with my best friend and her family. Our most recent, I made some corned beef, potatoes, and cabbage. My Dad had given me a Panettone for Christmas, so I brought it with for dinner. We sliced it up, threw it in the oven for a few minutes, and spread on some butter. I am not kidding when I tell you that it was absolutely perfect. Really, 0 leftovers. This cake, is extremely versatile. I'd like to attempt a bread pudding with it. Yum!
Jordan Z.
Every Christmas my family receives at least 2 panettone and at first I wasn't quite sure what to do with them. On it's own, a panettone is a slightly sweet and slightly dry baked good that seems to be confused as to whether it is a cake or a bread, but it has the potential to be so much more. My favorite things to make with it are bread pudding and french toast. The consistency lends itself so well to the addition of the custard I cannot imagine eating it by itself anymore.
Emily G.
This really reminds me of the Italian family that lives next door to me when I was little. It makes me nostalgic in a way. I've lost touch with this family but they had always been so kind. A lovely treat with a nice cup of coffee. I eat it like I would raisin bread. Lovely. (Even though they call it a cake...it's more like a bread. 😕)
Maria R.
Brooklyn, NY
Sweet Tooth Expert Level 3
Was raised on this stuff. I usually buy more popular Italian brands, the splurge is worth it. Sometimes thrifty or imitation versions are dry. I'm not a fan of the traditional candied fruit, the chunks are too much for me. I usually go for the chocolate covered version or the chocolate filled type. The best part is that it smells like champagne and citrus and made to compliment a glass of champagne. It's not the holidays without it.
Jayne E.
The sentimental value attached with this is better than the actual taste. I find that it tastes best when it is toasted, but I don't think I would ever crave it if I didn't have memories attached to it from Italy. Because of my experiences, I always look forward to seeing it at Christmas time in the stores.
Kylie  k.
Muncie, IN
I have a hard time finding this product where is one of the main stores its always at?
Holly B.
York, PA
Is this cake good I've seen Ads and seen at the store?
Diane W.
Springfield, MO
I've never tried this product. Is it something you have to make yourself or is it already made for you? Where would I be able to find this product in my area?
Alycia K.
Goose Creek, SC
Would this be worth my money? Is it something everyone would enjoy, or just some people?
Hannah D.
Cincinnati, OH
Is there a lot of fruit in this cake?