Pilot FriXion Ball

by Pilot

#21 in Pens

The freedom to write, erase and write again with every color of the rainbow. That’s what the FriXion Erasable Gel Ink Pen offers. Features include: • Rewritable - erase and rewrite repeatedly without damaging documents • Unique Thermo-Sensitive Gel Ink formula disappears with erasing friction • In Fine (0.7mm) point • Available in Black, Blue, Red, Purple, Pink, Lime, Orange and Brown Barrel with matching color erasable gel ink.

Did anyone else think these were the best thing ever as a kid?
Do these pens actually erase well??
How well do these work and do they smear?
Start your review of Pilot FriXion Ball!
Product Highlights
I received this Pilot Frixon pen in the voxbox and I was skeptical about it at first since most erasable pens are not really erasable at all.in 75 reviews
The black is a little light (writes more like old-school gel pens) but it erases so easily WITHOUT wearing down the eraser!in 33 reviews
They erase really well without leaving any marks and are pretty cool (especially for impressing friends ;)) Although they are SUPER expensive.in 23 reviews
usually pens that erase do not write very well, but these wrote smooth and clearly will be using these pens more often.in 18 reviews
Very smooth to write with and erases well on most paper surfaces, but it still doesn't replace my all time favorite Pilot G2.in 18 reviews
2 years agoEllsworth
Great pens! I love the fact that you can erase them if you mess up or don't like the way it looks. I am currently using them in a moleskin journal and they do not bleed through. I have attached pictures showing how the pens write, the color of the pens, and how it looks after you erase the ink. The longer the ink sits on the page the harder it is to erase, but the job still gets done.
6 months agoNational City, CA
Pilot FriXion Ball uploaded by Liddy L.
Purchased at: Amazon
I use this pen to write in my planner because I hate crossing things out and I love that they erase so clean and easy. I have the black, blue and purple. The blur and purple and the clickers, which are great. The only thing I don't like about the black pen is that the black is not really black, it's more like gray. I would not recommending using these for important info because they erase with heat, so be careful.
3 months agoorange, california
This pen has a really cool design and the eraser works alright. You have to put a lot of force into erasing and the pen dries out really fast. However, These minor issues don’t stop me from buying more every chance I get.
2 years ago
Pilot makes the best pen on the market hands down! The Pilot FriXion ball is a high quality Gel Pen. #gelpens are my favorite pens for writing anything or using to draw :)  They are on the pricier side ; however they are well worth the price! They write very smoothly and do not skip at all. The actual design of the pen is so sleek which makes it easy to write with. You can write for hours without your hand cramping up like with some pens. It's actually pretty unique and irreplaceable imo. And just sweet for the the home schooling Mom or the note taking college student! I highly reccomend this pen!
2 years agoRichland, WA
Pilot makes the best pen's hands down! The Pilot FriXion ball is a high quality Gel Pen. They are on the pricier side however they are well worth the price! They write very smoothly and do not skip what so ever. The actual design of the pen is very sleek which makes it easy to write with. You can write for hours without your hand cramping! Perfect for the avid journaler or the note taking college student! I highly reccomend this pen!
2 years agoSilver Spgs, FL
Nice pens. I love the way they write. I love that the eraser actually does work on these pens. I do not love how fast the ink runs out on them though. They are a bit more in price then cheaper pens and with the ink running out so fast I will probably not be buying them often. But they write so well and are very comfortable in my hand.
3 years agoHarker Hts, TX
Pilot FriXion Ball uploaded by Bridget C.
We live in the digital age (yippee) and as a writer I LOVE spell check on my computer. I also love writing with a pen (I know I know it's so last decade!). I absolutely adore gel pens just like the Pilot FriXion Clicker Retractable Erasable Gel Pens. In fact, you could call me a pen w$%&! I mean lover. The problem with gel pens is that once I complete my manual spell check (that's when you pull out a physical dictionary also known as a relic) look up the word, then cross out the word on your paper and make a line that sometimes will go to the margin of the paper, which is where you will write the correct spelling. It eventually looks like a bowl of scrambled eggs that just got off a roller coaster. BUT NOT ANYMORE! These gel pens are erasable y'all! Like full blow "they will never know you don't know how to spell" erasable! The ink is smooth like butter too (actually, margarine because actual butter tends to be hard). It's not like those erasable pens from our childhood, that let's face it never fully erased and only came in 2 boring colors! These pens write smooth and erase completely when you make a mistake (trust me you will). You would never know they are erasable. I won't lie, I thought I was just testing out another gel pen until I accidentally erased part of a word. (Don't ask). BTW I received a blue and red one to test out for free in my Cozy VoxBox from Influenster. Imagine my excitement when I learned they come in a variety of colors!
3 years agoSterling Hts, MI
I bought a few of these to try in my planner - erasing cancelled plans is so much neater looking than scribbling or crossing out! These pens write so nice and smooth, and the colors are very vibrant (I have purple, blue, and pink in addition to a black pen). The best part is, they actually erase well and it is only very very minimally noticeable that anything was written in the first place.
7 years agoColumbus, OH
Saved the best for last! Once again this is a product I have tried and continued to use because of it's no fail performance. First thing you should know, I have a serious love for pens. Since I was in third grade, I refused to use pencils because I hated the feel of them. I was a ink pen addict. I've collected so many pens over the years, it's a bit OCD( I will never fully admit to it). I have drawers filled with ink pens, among them are plenty of the Pilot Brand. My favorite is the Pilot G2 Fine Point Pen; the way the pen glides across the paper with every stroke makes my messy lefty penmanship look amazing... So of course when I saw these pens underneath everything in the box, I was happier than a kid at Christmas with bright stars gleaming out of my eyes. I pulled out my tablet and went to work writing in my journal; the FriXion pen glides like the other Pilot Brand items with one great exception, it erases!!! Yes I know there have been other brands in the past who've done the eraser ink pen thing. However non I've run across have been this flawless. The FriXion pens eraser looks and feels like a hard gel ball that you would never think it had a purpose other than a design piece. But it's amazing magic has made me a happy Lady. I write so much and don't use pencils(yes I still have an issue with pencils, don't judge me) that this erasing feature is my savior to not ever having to re-write a whole page because of one mistake. Also counting the fact, I will never have to use white-out again, total money saver. You know I am all about savings! My Grade for the Pilot FriXion Pen is B+ (Although I LOVE these new pens, I am still much in LOVE with the Pilot G2 Fine Point pen. When they develop a eraser for that masterpiece will put an A++ on it)
2 years agoLake Charles, LA
These right so smooth and they're just so perfect and I like how they're Joe and you can also erase them they're very good for high school kids and middle school kids that like to use pins but they mess up a lot they just like how pens look that's what I like and I use this like all the time they have a whole bunch of different colors and I just highly recommend this
Ask a question to the Influenster community...