2 colors available

BY PHYSICIANS FORMULA

• 100% of the Total Ingredients are from Natural Origin.
  • 70% of the Total Ingredients are from Organic Farming.
  • 100% Dramatic Volume & Glamour.
  • OrganiSoy® Moisturizes and helps nourish lashes.

*Ingredients from Organic Farming

• Is this not the cutest mascara bottle you have ever seen?1 Answers
  • Is this mascara any good? I want to purchase it2 Answers
  • Is this a good buy? I'd love to get more volume and length aswell a...3 Answers
Katie M.
Katie M.
Review for: Black Organics
I was excited to try this, based on the reviews. I have sensitive eyes, and I wanted to get away from paraben-laden cosmetics.

The first thing I noticed was the formula is very thick, and has a very matte finish. Quite different than any other mascara I've ever used. And it went on like paste! Thick, and clumpy is the only way to describe it. Even separating with an eyelash comb didn't help. I thought I must have gotten an old tube, so I tossed it and bought another tube from a different location.

Still the same. This mascara gives me some intense lashes that mimic false lashes. Very thick, very long, very dramatic, very clumpy. Nothing remotely "natural." It's a bit comical to wear during the day, so I only use it at night.

Two other points to consider:

This formula never really dries completely. The surface does, but if you were to squeeze your lashes together hours later, they would stay that way (think "paste" again).

It liquefies IMMEDIATELY on contact with water. Scarily fast. That's great news for removal, not so great news if you cry or get caught in the rain. If I'm going out, I check the weather forecast first!
Bambou L.
Bambou L.
Sanibel, Florida
Review for: Black Organics
I actually really like this mascara. I use this for school or work days and it just gives me really nice length and volume, but still looks pretty natural. I was shocked at how dry of a formula this mascara has (and i even bought a 2nd one to see if maybe i got a dud). I am shocked to see that some have had trouble with this burning their eyes or transferring onto their face a lot. I have had ZERO transferring and it didn't burn my eyes at all (even though they are pretty sensitive). I like something a little more 'va va voom' for the weekend (e.g. Covergirl supersizer or L'oreal telescopic), but I'm really happy with this.
Ana C.
Ana C.
This is such a great drugstore mascara. The wand is very big and thick with lots of plastic bristles- it reminds me of the Covergirl Lashblast wand. The formula is super black, volumizing, and applies smoothly. The mascara builds on itself really nicely. I only need to apply two coats to get really thick, defined looking lashes. I find that the formula is nicest after the mascara has been opened and used for a week or two. It's a little wet at first, but works a lot better after it dries out a bit.
Victoria T.
Victoria T.
Minneapolis, MN
Review for: Black Organics
The one brand in mascara that I will forever buy. I used to love the Rimmel London mascaras until I realized that my eyes would water and get itchy after applying it, I was so upset to learn that I was allergic to something in most mascaras soon after. I've tried so many brands and to this day the only one that I can wear with no side effects is the Physicians Formula mascara. Works great & makes my eyelashes look awesome. Highly recommend it if you're looking for hypoallergenic makeup.
C K.
C K.
Review for: Black Organics
I enjoy this mascara, but not as much as I had hoped. It does look beautiful with two coats, but one isn't enough for me. The brush is clunky and I am often getting product on my lid instead of my lashes. I do not have oily lids but I find myself with smudges under my lash line if I wear it all day long. The formula doesn't hurt my eyes and it is easy to remove. I will use it until the tube is done but then I will not repurchase, I am still on the hunt for my perfect drugstore mascara.
Nida S.
Nida S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I used to LOVE this mascara and it would be all I'd wear.
It holds curl very well and the black colour is perfectly dark, it also makes your lashes look so much fuller in just one coat. The issue I have with this is longevity. It just starts to flake in the afternoon and you will notice them under your eyes and around your cheeks, not a good look. If you are in a warming climate it doesn't help at all. I wish it would last longer Bc it looks so good when you first apply it.
Katie L.
Katie L.
Stow, OH
Review for: Black Organics
As an Asian female, I have especially short lashes that tend to grow straight instead of curled upward. I have bought this mascara twice already. This mascara holds curl all day long and the "jumbo" brush makes my lashes look nice and thick. The only downside is that I experience some flaking and minimal smearing by the end of the day due to my oily eyes. I do wish there was a waterproof version. I would buy it again for a third time.
Megan B.
Megan B.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is quite possibly the worst mascara I've ever worn in my life. I really want to send it was free of nasty chemicals but not as expensive as what you can get in Sephora. It was just a mess. It didn't really lengthen my eyelashes and it didn't give them any volume. The worst part it had no steam power within a couple minutes it was smearing. I had raccoon eyes all day it was on my eyelids it was under my eyes it was a hot mess.
Shana H.
Shana H.
Baton Rouge , LA
I was browsing the store for mascara that would not irritate my eyes, saw this and thought why not? Well, I probably shouldn't have. While it didn't irritate my eyes, it seems to take forever to dry and it doesn't last veryear long. All it takes is literally a few tears (really, just two or three) and the mascara runs. Used it a couple more times to give it a fair chance, but stopped use as I was not satisfied.
michelle c.
michelle c.
San Francisco, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Surprised by the quality of this mascara, the tube and packaging feel really nice and sort of weighted in hand in comparison to drugstore mascara tubes. I really like the wand as well, it volumizes while not being clumpy and too big. It's great for separating and getting really to the roots of my lashes.definitely recommending to my friends even with a bit clunky packaging I love to bring it everywhere
Ashley S.
Ashley S.
Vancouver, BC
Beauty Junkie Expert
Physician's Formula or Maybelline mascara?
Lyndley H.
Lyndley H.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does this product teat on animals ?
Ashley C.
Ashley C.
Dayton, OH
Can I find this product in stores? Which store?
Lindsay H.
Lindsay H.
Roanoke, VA
How is this better from normal drugstore mascaras?
Ashley K.
Ashley K.
Aliquippa , PA
Has anyone had any negative experiences with this mascara?