Photography Foundation

by Hylamide

Next-generation foundation is designed specifically to make the skin look better for the camera lens while blurring away imperfections in real life.

Fractionated Blurring Silica Suspension
  • Nano fractions of silica-based prisms create light confusion to reduce the looks of visible lines and pores immediately without looking like traditional makeup, while specifically creating a perfect backdrop to highlight facial features through the camera lens.
Prismatic Camera Hue Yellow-Red Correctors
  • Ultra-advanced super-fine hue correctors black out unwanted tones in real life while creating the look of angular shadows for more definition on camera.
Prismatic Gold Technology
  • Adds a discreet golden glow instantly for a visibly radiant, healthy-looking skin while adding a cinematic look in photographs.
Oil-Free Bio-Sugar Complex
  • Super-light oil-free biotechnology complex is clinically proven to offer comfortable hydration immediately with an effect that lasts with continued use.

Usage: Can be applied under or over—or mixed with—foundation, or used alone for a natural look. Offers instant visible anti-imperfection benefits, tone correction, as well as reduced pore size appearance.

Ingredients: aqua (water), titanium dioxide, hexamethyldisiloxane, trimethylsiloxysilicate, mica, propanediol, cyclopentasiloxane, glycerin, pentylene glycol, sodium hyaluronate, polypodium vulgare rhizome extract, cetraria islandica thallus extract, sphagnum magellanicum extract, fructose, allantoin, glucose, maltose, trehalose, urea, citric acid, sodium lactate, sodium pca, methyl methacrylate/peg/ppg-4/3 methacrylate crosspolymer, adipic acid/neopentyl glycol crosspolymer, polyacrylate crosspolymer-6, hydroxyethyl acrylate/sodium acryloyldimethyl taurate copolymer, isohexadecane, dimethicone, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, vp/va copolymer, polysorbate 60, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, amodimethicone, sodium chloride, sodium hydroxide, tin oxide, phenoxyethanol, chlorphenesin, caprylyl glycol.

Do you mix this with your foundation or apply it before your foundation? If you mix it, what ratio?
What skin tone/shade range would you say the golden tan is good for?
Has anyone found this broke them [email protected]? Clogged pores? I heard it’s a dupe for the glossier perfecting skin tint
Start your review of Photography Foundation!
Lisa C.
Bowling Green, KY
Photography Foundation uploaded by Lisa C.
Review for: Transparent
Once I adjusted to the learning curve, I think this will be a permanent staple in my makeup bag! I use it mixed with Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 and the coverage is spot on ! It doesn’t even feel like I have makeup on but it looks smooth and doesn’t budge all day. I am 36 and have have combo skin with large-ish pores, hyperpigmentation, and mild rosacea. I take great care of my skin so I’m picky about the makeup I wear as I want the glow to shine through, and this really finishes things off nicely :)
Melissa S.
Review for: Transparent
I would consider this to be more of a primer, not a foundation. Maybe a tinted primer or moisturizer if you buy it in the two other tinted shades. The product comes out as a whitish hue and being that I am a brown girl when I first applied it I had a slight white cast on my face, but it did melt away as I continued to rub it in. Once it settled into my skin it gave me this soft focus blur filter type of look and I loved it! My pores shrunk and my skin looked so soft and smooth, it was like the perfect base for my powder foundation. I do believe this helped my foundation stay on longer, I walked through rain and snow and I didn't need to touch up anything, my skin still looked good. Also I didn't get as oily as I usually do, so i think this product also helped a bit with that as well. I definitely will keep this product in my make up bag, I am loving everything about so far!
Jacqueline A.
Photography Foundation uploaded by Jacqueline A.
Review for: Transparent
I purchase this product at my local drugstore a month ago and I've used it daily. I apply it before foundation when I'm doing full-on face makeup or mix it with a dab of foundation if I just want sheer coverage, just so my face won't look dull. On photos, video or even on Skype it looks great.
Roxy A.
Hollywood, CA
Photography Foundation uploaded by Roxy A.
Review for: Transparent
I just picked up this product at my local CVS in LA. Let me tell you that this product is so amazing and I'd say it's like a filter in the bottle. Literally amazing! They only have three shades Transparent/Golden tan / dark tan. I'm using the golden tan. I just picked up the transparen't to use with my foundations. I use the golden tan on its own and I'm so camera ready. not full coverage , but you can mix with your favorite foundation. It has no smell to it and is great for all skin types even acne prone as I'm sensitive skinned and acne prone on cheeks. I would put this in my holy grail bin. I'm so happy to have discovered this product and company! Not many youtube reviews on this product, but I'm sure to add in my 2 cents really soon! I love Hylamide! Picture I added I used a concealer to cover cheek blemish and then used the foundation with only 1 coat that cave me a nice flawless natural look that even a BB cream can't give me.
Katrina K.
Purchased at: Deciem
Review for: Transparent
Overall most I think, unless a professional makeup artist, would skip over this product simply because it's not easy to understand immediately. It isn't as workable as the higher end NIOD version. You must blend foundation in immediately or it will dry. Dry isn't fun when layering this over primer or alone on bare skin. However... 5 stars once you conquer the learning curves. Yes curves. Many curves. I swear once you ger that balance honey it's sweet. My photos look absolutely ethereal using these professional tools. It lifts cheekbones, defines noses, and really can create a goddess look if applied lets say where you'd sunburn first on points raised off the face. Unlike highlighters which can relay terribly in photos ie flashback or a "tin man" look. (Unless you want that) this works under everything so light is bounced off everything you want and choose. It's not an overall user friendly product by any means. The tinted versions can take really create golden hues. Just beautiful. Most think the photo is enhanced through apps but it is just you. From dramatic to super natural looks this achieves that polish without photoshopping flaws away. They never get captured in the first place. Fab. Again get two. Practice on yourself and friends to learn how it works. Get creative and after all it's just makeup you can easily wash it off!! Photography Foundation yes yes yes!
Dael T.
Laredo, TX
Review for: Transparent
Ive used this a few times and I’ve only had it work a few times. It doesn’t blend very well and looks pretty patchy. I’m hoping to give it a few more tries but I wasn’t 100% satisfied with this product.
Madison L.
Scottsdale, AZ
Photography Foundation uploaded by Madison L.
Review for: Transparent
I love this product. I moisturize prime then dab this under my foundation. I look dewy glowy and amazing throughout the day without getting oily. Its amazing.
Jaylene H.
Cambridge, ON
Review for: Transparent
This is a great product as I like to wear minimal makeup most days. Creates a nice dewy glow. Blends well but start with a small amount and layer. When I am wearing foundation, this acts as a really nice primer as it is lightweight with a smooth finish! Great price for the Photography Foundation!
Olga K.
York, ON
Review for: Transparent
I like this product .it give a slight radiance, the face seems brighter. You can apply photography foundation under or over,or mixed with other foundation or use along for a natural look.
Lyndale M.
Berlin, Berlin
Review for: Golden Tan
I love this product!!! Specially in summer. I love mixing it with my skin tints or other foundation to give that extra glow.