BY PHILZ COFFEE #35 in Dining

Bailey R.
Pasadena, CA
Absolutely amazing coffee!!!! I love that everything is pour overs, and their food options are AMAAAAZING!!! especially their avocado toast! My favorite avocado toast ever!!❤️
Elyse S.
I first tried Philz in the San Francisco Bay Area and was really excited when a location opened closer to me. This coffee is VERY strong. Most people new to it will try the Mint Mojito drink, but I highly suggest picking a coffee off of their extensive list of roasts. Every coffee they offer is categorized by roast (light, medium, dark), then listed from lightest to darkest within that category with detailed flavor notes. Every cup is made to order in a pour-over process so you can choose if you'd like it black or Philz Way (cream and sweetener) or anything in between. They stock multiple kinds of milk and sweetener too. Pro tip: you can even ask for two different roasts blended together to further customize your drink. The food selection, while occasionally limited, is pretty tasty too.
Kathlyn Karla A.
San Jose, CA
I love my experience here, all the time! The wait can get a bit hectic but it is well worth it, as long as your not in a hurry. It does get confusing sometimes because your drink gets called out but sometimes its by someone else, and not by the person you ordered from so you seem like a very pushy person but really it was a mistake lol. If you're in a hurry, I suggest you go download OrderAhead and order and hour before your class or shift or wuteva, because it's definitely gonna be around a 30 minute wait for your order to process and be ready at all times!
Bethany H.
Portland , OR
Oh Philz ! I'm in San Francisco a lot and I cannot leave the city without stopping at Philz for the best coffee on the planet . I also love the employees and the atmosphere . It's all about the coffee and the customers . It's not cheesy or fake but they really try to make the customer feel cared for . Great place . If you are a coffee snob then do not pass this unassuming place by . It's amazing . If you're not a coffee snob, you will be after trying Philz
Mica T.
San Bruno, CA
One of my favorite coffee shops! My favorites are Ecstatic Iced Coffee, Philtered Soul and Tantalizing Turkish! Most of these drinks range around $3.50-$4.50. I like that the barista asks how sweet & creamy you want your drink and to always make sure than you are satisfied with your drink before you leave incase you want to make any adjustments to it. So far all the Philz Coffee branches I've been too have great customer service.
Emma W.
San Jose, CA
Philz Coffee is unlike any other coffee place I have been to, and I have been to a lot. Upon arriving at Philz, you order with the barista and then go and pay. The downside to Philz different way of doing coffee, is they do not have the different ways you can order your drink on their menu, they just have the coffee and tea flavors and a couple of speciality drinks. It can be a little intimidating if you have not going before, but all the baristas are very helpful! The other downside to Philz is they make their counters very tall, and being that I am only 5 feet tall I have to stand on my tip toes to order my drink as well as to pick it up. My favorite drink to get is their top seller, Tesora. I highly recommend going!
Jasmin C.
You have to try Philz Coffee! I haven't tried all of their drinks in the menu, but their iced coffee taste amazing! I always ask to add a leaf mint in there for decor to make it very photo friendly. The place is nice and worth a try. I love their ground coffee as well; it's a little pricey, but definitely worth it! I'm on my second bag of ground coffee from them.
Nancy C.
Santa Rosa, CA
Their mint mojitos are the bomb! I also love that they use paper cups for cold and hot drinks. They're pretty fast compared to other coffee shops and have a really good variety of healthy snacks. Also I love that they cool interesting stuff on their walls like pictures and drawings to look at while you're waiting. Makes time go by faster 🙏🏼
Alyssa C.
Silver Spring, MD
Philz is my favorite franchise coffee shop ever! Whenever I'm at Philz, I always get the Mint Mojito and omg, it's amazing. When I used to live in California, I used to go at least once a month. It's a little bit more expensive than other coffee shops, like a regular sized Mint Mojito is $4 whereas the same size drink would be $3 and some cents at Peet's or Starbucks. But you're definitely paying more for quality with Philz. I would recommend it to everyone!
Michaela N.
I've been going to Philz since I was in high school, so almost a decade. I love Philz! Honestly, who doesn't? They're so different from other coffee shops out there. I love their emphasis on brewed coffee blends rather than espresso, and I also love the attention to detail the barista/bartenders have when making your drink for you. My favorite thing to get there is the mint tea with fresh mint leaves.