BY PHILOSOPHY

feel clean and smell good all over with our award-winning vanilla birthday cake shampoo, shower gel & bubble bath, providing a rich, foaming lather to cleanse and condition from head to toe. skin and hair are left feeling ultra soft with this sweet, absolutely delicious scent. celebrate every day like it's your birthday with this guilt-free way to indulge.

• Vanilla anything is my favorite scent!! Does the scent stay with ...2 Answers
  • I am entirely in love with anything philosophy. I own nearly ever...2 Answers
  • I havent used on my hair, but i would if i ran ou... Be the first to answer!
Buy on Sephora
  • "I love using it as shower gel and bubble bath, and it could just be the texture of my hair, but I was not a fan of the way it made my hair feel." in 41 reviews
  • "Got a small sample for my birthday at Sephora, it's not moisturizing or anything.. Just smells amazingly yummy." in 14 reviews
  • "I got this as a birthday gift from Sephora, it leaves my skin so soft and it smells great, I even used it as shampoo one time in a pinch and it did the job" in 12 reviews
  • "I use this everyday, mainly as a body wash, but its perfect for travel in the small bottles...one bottle takes the place of three in your travel bag!" in 11 reviews
  • "I purchased this many years ago from a television shppoing network and i sent it back it had a weird smell to it. " in 8 reviews
Jessica D.
Westbrook, ME
Beauty Junkie Expert
I really love the philosophy shampoo, shower gel, and bubble bath products! This one has a really delicious smell. I only use in my hair sometimes, usually I use it more for a bubble bath because I like the smell so much. I do still really enjoy the multiple uses for this product and how you can use one product for different uses!
Emily J.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I honestly have never had one problem with this. Personally, I don't use this product as shampoo, but it works perfectly as a body wash. Not only does it lather, it smells amazing. This product moisturizes while also cleaning. I think one of the best things is definitely the smell though. It really isn't that strong:)
Leah T.
Gainesville, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
I loveeee Philosphy body washes. They all smell so good, but I especially love the birthday cake scented one. They can also be used as a bubble bath and most double as a shampoo as well. I will definitely continue to repurchase philosophy body washes.
Megan C.
Oklahoma City
Beauty Junkie Expert
These scents are so realistic it's scary! I do not use the shampoo or conditioner capacities but LOVE this brand for body wash and bubble bath. I highly recommend it for personal and gift use! Such a great, unique project!
Anelsy V.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love all of philosophy’s products, especially this one!! Using this product in a bath or as a shower gel leaves my skin feeling smooth and smelling absolutely amazing. I wish to try more amazing product like this and will defiantly buy again!!
Jessica R.
Thomasville, GA
Beauty Junkie Expert
It is so creamy and smells soooo good! Love love love this shower gel. I watch them demo this on Qvc forever. I finally broke down and bought some. I ordered mine on sale from ulta. The bubbles are so lush and soft. It doesnt leave a smell on your skin which is great cause it want interfere with your perfumes. It just gives you a wonderful shower experience. I only use as shower gel but can be used as shampoo. Onemof my fav body wash.
Selena C.
Shepherdsville, KY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I've always loved Philosophy's packaging. I'm a sucker for a pretty package! Their designs are consistent, simple, and clean. That's so appealing to me! I received this body wash as a Christmas gift one year. I really liked it, but the smell isn't what I expected. It's almost... too much? I really love a strong smelling body wash, but maybe I'm just not into the smell of baked goods in the shower? It just sort of overwhelmed me sometimes. I ended up tossing the bottle halfway through, just because I'd had my fill of this particular scent and wanted to make room in my shower for something different. I think if you really love food flavored body products, this one is a winner!
Eva K.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love, love love the way this stuff smells. If I need a little pick me up, I will shower with this product. It legit smells like cake batter. It isn't something I reach for every day, but when I do, it puts a smile on my face. I usually like more calming scents in the bath, but as a fun shower gel, this product can't be beat! I don't use it as a shampoo and only use it in the bath when helping out with my nieces or nephews (bath time for me requires a more tranquil scent), but it works great as a shower gel. It is also really gentle, lathers nicely and doesn't leave any residue behind. But really, this one is all about the totally delightful smell!
Elisabeth E.
Brewton, AL
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love me some Philosophy Body Wash! This body wash came with an amazing birthday cake recipe as well! I wanted to review every aspect of the product though.

Shampoo- it makes my hair kindly dry but still hydrated and clean. Does that make any since? 😂

Body Wash- It makes my skin super hydrated while feeling super clean! Also it ALWAYS smells amazing!

Bubble Bath- I'm highly allergic to actual bubble bath formulas so this product did work out well for me! I've always loved bubble bathes they just didn't love me. Now Philosophy has changed that for me.

I give this product a full 5 stars with one extra! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️+🌟
Paige W.
San Francisco, CA
Umm YUMM! I have a love-hate relationship with this product. On one hand, it smells amazing and delicious on the other hand it smells like food and I'm not sure I necessarily want to smell like I've been hanging out in a bakery all day. Psychologists have done research and women who wore perfume that reminded the brain of food were perceived to weigh more than what they actually do. I'll pass on this smell and go back to the Grace collection,
Allie b.
Lincoln, NE
Whats your favorite flavor?
Kelly T.
Central, SC
Where can you buy this?
Megan R.
Wellness Guru Expert
How great is this product? I see this stuff on QVC all the time and I'm really curious. This scent seems like heaven for the skin and nose.
Kaitlyn M.
Westbrook, ME
Would anyone recommend using this as a shampoo?
christie p.
Is this product recommended for color treated hair?