BY PHILOSOPHY #4 in Facial Cleansers

new formula! the microdelivery exfoliating facial wash is a mild, exfoliating facial cleanser designed to effectively cleanse the skin while providing resurfacing benefits. gentle enough for daily use, this unique formula helps to polish and scrub away impurities and the buildup of dead skin cells - skin feels clean and hydrated and looks more even-toned. *based on a 1-week self-assessment study with 49 women ages 25-65

WHY IT WORKS

• formulated with an invigorating, fresh scent and micro-exfoliating beads, this daily facial cleanser can also be used as a 30-second cleansing mini peel that can be conducted in the shower, bath or at your bathroom sink
  • over time, regular exfoliation can help buffer the appearance of dehydrated fine lines, even skin tone, and give the skin a healthy-looking glow
  • gentle enough for daily use

Ingredients: aqua/water/eau, solum diatomeae/sodium diatomeae, diatomaceous earth/terre de diatomees, sodium cocoyl apple amino acids, glycerin, acrylates/steareth-20 methacrylate crosspolymer, acrylates copolymer, decyl glucoside, phenoxyethanol, laurel glucoside, lithium magnesium sodium silicate, polysorbate 20, hexylene glycol, sodium hydroxide, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) peel extract, limonene, decylene glycol, ethylhexylglycerin, panthenol, tetrasodium edta, 1-2 heanediol, ascorbyl glucosode, borago officinalis seed oil, tocopherol, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, tocotrienols, triolein, trilineolin, magnesium nitrate, methylisothiazolinone, methylchloroisothiazolinone, magnesium chloride.

Usage:apply to slightly damp face and massage for thirty to sixty seconds. rinse thoroughly. the microdelivery exfoliating wash can be used daily in the a.m. or the p.m. follow with appropriate treatment and moisturiser.

• does this help with dry textured skin?2 Answers
  • What your favorite Facial Cleanser/Wash 🌹🌹🌹mine is philo...2 Answers
  • I know this says exfoliating but is it okay as a daily cl...2 Answers
philosophy the microdelivery daily exfoliating face wash
  • "This product is a favorite of mine because it's light enough to use everyday. You can use it at night to really get your face clean unlike other exfoliators that are a little harsh and can only be used 2-3 times a week. Like most of Philosophy's skin care this wash doesn't have a strong scent to it. It works well with sensitive skin. There are little beads that help with the exfoliating but they are very small your skin isn't irritated by them. " in 224 reviews
  • "I like that feels like it's a finer-milled exfoliating wash (I use Origin's Modern Friction when I want something a little grittier and stronger) so it's gentle enough for me to use in the morning." in 8 reviews
  • "I have combination skin and have been using this for about a month once a day and my skin seems less red, less to almost no acne, and my skin is so much softer." in 5 reviews
  • "You can used this daily as it isgental enough but i have found that the skin doesnt need those crystals every days, but its leaves you squeaky clean after." in 5 reviews
  • "This is more significant of an investment than my old stand-by, however, a little goes a long way and the results are worth it." in 5 reviews
Natalie D.
Seattle
Bought this on sale and am a bit torn on whether or not to repurchase once it runs out.
This facial wash features a very fine grit exfoliant. It's not nearly as chunky as some of the smoother St Ives scrubs, but it's also still a physical exfoliant which can be irritating. The description of this product cites "scrubbing beads", which caused me some alarm as microbeads are absolutely terrible for the evironment. Some research later and I confirmed that "scrubbing beads" are actually just diatomaceous earth. There are no beneficial exfoliating acids in this wash, so it won't replace a cleanser that contained those or your toner.
I've noticed some texture improvement since I began using this, but I'm also getting large, deep zits during parts of the month that I don't normally experience them. I'm still not sold on whether or not this is purging or my skin rejecting the product. My skin has tolerated using this daily.
The smell of this is a very pleasant citrus - it's not overpowering or heavily fragranced.
The bottle on this thing is not like that of most scrubs, and I'll take beef with it - it's the same kind of plastic as other Philosophy face products use. For a thicker product like this, that's a no-no; it takes a good effort to squeeze the product out. Thankfully a little bit goes a long ways.
Overall, if it turns out to be purging, I would consider rebuying this (the price point is steep, but again, daily usage is actually quite slim.)
Laurel Nicole N.
Redmond, WA
Purchased at: ULTA
I rave about this product to everyone I can. This is an exfoliater you can use every day. I have somewhat sensitive skin and this doesn't bother me with daily use. It makes my skin glow, clears out pores, doesn't dry my skin, makes makeup application flawless, and helps reduce fine lines. I will never stop buying this product. The exfoliant in this face wash is so fine it doesn't feel like rubbing gravel into your face like that apricot drugstore brand I tried. This exfoliates like a dream and leaves my skin feeling refreshed and amazing. I am 28 and starting to get fine lines but when I bought this product and used it regularly, I noticed they seemed less obvious! I'm a fan for life!
Ashley B.
Albany, GA
This product is one of my favorite skincare products of all time. It's gentle enough for daily use and the grit isn't too rough, even on sensitive skin. My skin is very dry, so I feel like it's crucial that I exfoliate regularly, especially before putting on makeup. This product scrubs away any flaky skin that would cause imperfections in my foundation. The exfoliating grit can be difficult to wash away with just a wet washcloth, so I usually use it in the shower for an easier rinse. Will always repurchase and keep it around as part of my skincare routine!
Jeanette P.
San Diego, CA
This face wash is a must! The philosophy the microdelivery daily exfoliating face wash is so nice, on my dry skin! I use it every other day, and have noticed that my skin is a lot smoother. I have dry skin, so I always need a good exfoliant, and this is the one. I love the way this one feels, it has lots of micro beads that are gentle on the skin. I have sensitive skin, and don’t have a problem, as long as I follow up with a good moisturizer. I also love to use it in the shower, when my pores are open. I will continue to buy this product, and recommend it to everyone!
Zahra A.
Euless
I started using Philosophy's Microdelivery daily exfoliating facial wash after I used Purity's facial cleanser. I loved the way Purity worked on my skin, but I needed a scrub as well. So everyday, I use Purity as my facial cleanser and Philosophy as my exfoliating facial wash.  It works so great and is not harsh at all! I use it daily and it leaves my skin perfectly soft and clean. Smells amazing too! Do not scrub so hard, and avoid your eye area when you use the exfoliating wash.
kaylani a.
chula vista
I have extremely sensitive skin & thought that I wasn’t able to use an exfoliator because of that. However, this philosophy exfoliator is heavenly! It clears my skin of any dead skill cells and leaves my face feeling sooo smooth. It’s still a little harsh for my super sensitive skin, so I do add a little bit of my normal face wash to dilute it! The only issue I find is the packaging. The product dries up & gets clogged at the tip, making it hard to get the product out sometimes.
Erica J.
Plymouth Meeting
I can't imagine using this daily but I do love using it. This grapefruit scented micro exfoliator is basically so fine it's like the tiniest sand particles scrubbing your face. My face always feel super soft and clean after using this. Kind of like being at the beach. I don't love the packaging; I find the plastic too firm and difficult to squeeze. Luckily you only need a very small amount of this to do the work. I use it about twice a week for a deeper cleanse and I have had it about 6 months and I am nowhere close to even halfway through the bottle. Even if you were using this daily you only have to use maybe a nickel-sized amount to do your entire face. You will have one bottle forever. If you like the feeling of scrubbing beads but you want something a little finer with a nice refreshing send I would highly recommend this.
Mads N.
Byron
I have dry/sensitive skin so I have always been very weary about using exfoliants but after reading the reviews on this product I knew I had to try it. I bought a little sample size and after using it for a week I am in LOVE!! I use it twice daily and it does make my skin a little red for a few minutes but it cleans my skin better than anything I’ve ever used! Paired with a good moisturizer ( I use No7 Beautiful Skin Day Cream Normal/Dry) it works wonders!! I would recommend this product to anyone! I’ve gotten lots of compliments on my skin since I started using this! If you are at all hesitant, buy a travel size and start with that, but you WILL be in love!
Presley E.
Ames, IA
I received the travel size version of this face wash as a gift and a really like it. It’s gentle enough to use everyday and it eliminates all the dirt and oil that accumulates on my face throughout the day. It’s very refreshing. I’m looking forward to buying the full size product soon!
Ashli H.
Lowell
I really love this product. Some exfoliators make you really dry, but this one does not. I have had issues with my pores looking huge and blackheads. This product, along with more of the Philosophy skincare line, have really helped reduce the appearance of my pores. I recommend this product for anyone trying to reduce the look of pores or eliminate blackheads.
Shawn R.
Boise, ID
How abrasive is this product? I have sensative skin that tends to be dry. Does this dry you out?
Cassandra B.
London, ON
Just wondering how abrasive this exfoliate is to your skin and how often in a week it can be used ?
Lilliana S.
Is this worth the money? Does it work better than typical exfoliating products?
Gigi P.
Gahanna, OH
I have dry skin with dry patches that will NOT ever go away no matter what exfoliating I use. Anyone with the same problem tried this?
Calla C.
Granville, NY
How well does this work?