BY PHILOSOPHY

breathe new life into tired, stressed skin. take a deep breath oil-free, oxygenating moisturizer restores and refreshes a dull, dry complexion suffering from effects of a busy lifestyle that can age skin. with exclusive clean-air technologyTM, skin receives the oxygen delivery it needs to breathe freely, while a patented blend of antioxidants and anti-pollutants helps neutralize damaging free radicals. skin is left feeling stronger and fresher, looking healthy and radiant. 80% felt skin could breathe freely and resist signs of a busy lifestyle.*

*based on results of a self-assessment study with 45 women ages 20-35 after 8 weeks, twice-daily use

philosophy take a deep breath oil-free oxygenating gel cream
  • "I have skin that tends to be oily and can have breakouts so finding a lotion that doesn't add to or worsen those issues is always a challenge. This was a great find. Moisturizing with out adding oil and did not cause breakouts. I wish it included some SPF since I liked wearing it during the day. It is more expensive than the Oil of Olay products I typically use but it did last quite a while." in 35 reviews
  • "I have very sensitive skin and this cream is amazing. It goes on very light and leaves a nice feel to your skin. Does not clog pores or cause reactive skin to flare up. I completely trust this moisturizer on my face without worrying about if I will have a flare up episode in a few minutes." in 30 reviews
  • "My favorite moisturizer by far, it's breathable, lightweight and feels refreshing.I have dry skin so this product really hydrates my skin." in 14 reviews
Michelle H.
My holy grail moisturizer! If you're a fan of gel cream/moisturizers, give this one a try. It's lightweight but sinks in quickly without giving you a greasy, slick feeling. It smells fresh upon application, but the smell quickly dissipates if you're sensitive to fragrances. It should be noted that I do only use this in the evening, however, and I do not use it during the day or under makeup so I cannot comment about oil control or how well it performs under makeup since I prefer other moisturizers for daytime wear.

I can say, however, that my T-zone has become less oily over time with years of use and wear, and while I can't contribute that to solely this product alone, it may have helped maintain the integrity of my skin, in combination with the other components of my skincare routine which has otherwise gone unchanged over the same period of time.

This cream keeps my skin well hydrated and plump overnight, without any irritation or any breakouts, and I'm currently on my 3rd or 4th tub of this. Bonus is that it doesn't break the bank, and if you wait for the holidays to come around, it usually comes in a gift set with the gel eye cream (which just so happens to be my holy grail eye cream). When you consider the price of both products when coupled in the gift set, they actually equate to some drugstore moisturizers... and for that, my wallet is thankful for!
Stephanie H.
Wellsville, NY
I recieved a 2ml sample of this straight from Philosophy. My skin if extremely dry all year round and in always looking for new moisturizing products. After washing my face tonight, I applied this all over down to my neck. There was just enough for one use. Since it read to be a gel I wasn't expecting it to come out looking milky and think like it did. There was a crisp, fresh smell of cucumber. It applied like butter, but was in no way greasy. My skin soaked it all right up. My face and even my fingers feel as soft as a newborn. If one use can do that, I would love to see how it would work after a period of time.
bianca w.
Maple Grove, MN
currently this is my favorite moisturizer, its so lightweight, and does wonders for my combination skin! doesn't make my oily parts too slick and hydrates my dry parts and brings my skin back to normal. this stuff is amazing before makeup application or to top off before bed! and the smell is a refreshing cucumber floral mix that's not too overpowering! 10/10 will purchase again!
Annette S.
Morristown, TN
Take a deep Breath, I absolutely love the way this gel cream applies it leaves my skin feeling refreshed.  I am a skeptic with face creams but this gel cream has won me over very quickly.  The smell is clean, crisp and you can almost sense it breathing in the air.  Quality of the hydration is unbelievable.  50+ with dry winter skin and feeling much younger.
Doris W.
Bellaire
I love Philosophy products. The quality is excellent. They make me feel better about getting older. This feels so good on my skin. Each of their products does what it says. Some products are a little pricey but over all they are a great bargain
Jenn K.
Cerritos, CA
Review for: philosophy Take a Deep Breath Oil-Free Oxygenating Gel Cream more...
I am in love with all things Philosophy. I have sensitive skin which makes me very wary of many products, especially when I need something more mosturizing but this gel cream does the job. I like using this in Spring and Summer especially bc it's on the lighter side and also has a refreshing scent. I do need to layer something on if my skin is especially dry or flaky but for the most part I can use this year round.
Kelsey S.
Morristown, TN
I absolutely LOVE the way this cream leaves my skin feeling. It absorbs into the skin leaving it super hydrated and smooth. I don't need a lot of the product to cover my entire face and neck either. I love the packaging and the smell is a very refreshing clean smell. One of my favorite facial cream for my overly dry skin!! If you have dry skin and struggle with hydration I would definitely give this a try!
Alvina R.
Sugar Land
This is a dream come true for oily skin types. I purchased this product at my local ULTA and my goodness it works so well. My acne is clearing up and my face gets less oily throughout the day. I've tried several other lightweight moisturizers that are meant for oily skin but nothing quite sinks into my skin like this one does. I use it twice daily and have had no problems with it. I'm on my third jar!
Olivia D.
Las Vegas, NV
Such a refreshing gel based cream. I love it. Keeps my skin fresh and plump during the cold winter weather. I love it and will never use another facial cream again. Philosophy is the way to go to keep a fresh face all day.
Jess D.
United States
This is the best moisturizer I have used for my combination skin. It leaves my skin dewy instead of oily since it is gel-based. However it may not be chemically compatible with many specialty products such as serums. So keep that in mind.
delicia h.
mira loma
Has this broken anyone out?
Shirley R.
Bronx
Is this cream really good for dry skin ??
Shirin S.
Port Coquitlam, BC
How do you feel about this moisturizer? I use the renewed hope in a jar and love it! But how does this one compare?
Desdémona G.
Norristown, PA
is this good for oily skin?
Stephanie M.
Palmdale, CA
Worth the purchase? Heard great things on this brand. I have sensitive and combo skin.

back