BY PHILOSOPHY

Which skin type is it good for? Normal Oily Combination Dry Sensitive A whipped water-gel makeup and skincare hybrid with broad-spectrum SPF 20 sunscreen. Solutions for: - Dryness - Uneven skintone - Dullness and uneven texture If you want to know more… This skincare and makeup hybrid combines the sensorial texture and all-day hydration of skincare with the buildable coverage of makeup. It's infused with a rare Asian fruit extract, whu zu yu, to provide a healthy-looking, shine-free glow. Research results: In clinical tests: - 93% of women showed an instant increase in moisture see more...

• Which shade in this product would be considered a light/medium wi...2 Answers
  • What exactly does this product do?1 Answers
  • Does this transfer at all? I like to wear hats during the summer ...1 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "I use this religiously and it does wonders for moisturizing your skin! I highly suggest it! Also using the face wash helps also" in 3 reviews
Renee G.
Review for: 2.5 Ivory more...
Let's start with the bad stuff about this tinted sunscreen. The packaging is a freaking monstrosity; the tint often leaks around the sides of the jar, and I can never open or close this without getting a little extra on my fingers. A tube would be much savvier. Also, the shades are confusing as all get-out. Is 2.5 lighter than 3.5? Why is 2.5 so dark in the jar, then lighter on my skin, but still darker than the way it is displayed on websites? I'm able to use it because I've been self-tanning my neck and 2.5 Ivory is roughly equivalent to MAC NC/NW15, but it looks much ligher and more yellow in their online swatches.

Now for the good stuff. First, this looks really beautiful on my dry, dehydrated skin, provided I've used a hydrating serum or moisturizer and don't overdo it. (Even without those skincare products, it looks fine, but dry skin will always look better under makeup if you add more moisture!)  Second, a little goes a long way; I use a bit less than a fourth of a teaspoon and get smooth, weightless, light coverage with sun protection. Third, it has a natural finish and wears well throughout the day, though truly oily skin will find that it gets too shiny for them.

I wish I could give this five stars because I know it's going to be my go-to summer base, but that packaging is a mess and the shade range is confusing. If Philosophy fixes at least one of those two problems, I'd call this a five star product.
Marijke D.
Hollister, CA
Review for: 3.5 more...
Holy Cow! I am never going back to my aveeno tinted moisturizer! This stuff is amazing. A little goes such a long way and there is no transfer!!! It blends in seamlessly and matches (even though it seemed too light at first). I am a girl who lives extremely light coverage and this is my new favorite. It gives me a natural glow, protects, and hydrated all at the same time. 10/10 and two thumbs up!
Lauren B.
Review for: 6.5 more...
This is a great option for those days where you want to even put your skin tone but don’t want to do a full on face of foundation. I do still put concealer under my eyes because it doesn’t quite do the trick for everything, but as far as B.B. creams go, this is the best I’ve found. I do find that if I put too much on, my skin gets oily throughout the day, so I would go easy-and I have dry skin, so that says a lot, but overall this will be staying in my keep and repurchase pile.
Kim S.
Review for: 5.5 more...
I really like the actual product. It smooths on easily, and provides a nice light coverage for my skin that evens out imperfections but does not feel heavy on my skin. 5.5 is the perfect shade for me, I would describe myself on the lighter side of medium with neutral/cool undertones. I love that this does not come off yellow which I find a lot of bb creams do.
There are two major cons for me. The first is the packaging. Jars just take up a lot of space and are kind of unsanitary. This would be much better if it came in a tube. Second, it really smells like foundation - since it was based on the cream I was hoping it would have a more natural scent but this smells like you opened a bottle of full coverage liquid foundation.
Courtney S.
Burleson, TX
Review for: 3.5 more...
This is really great for no makeup-makeup days. It really does feel just like you're putting moisturizer on, but gives a nice tint to your skin while evening out the skin tone. It helps blur minor imperfections, too. I took off one star for poor shade selection. The lightest shade is still a little too dark, so I'm sure that it must be difficult to find a good match for those with a deeper skin tone, as well. More shades, please!
Sierra <.
Sparta, MI
Review for: 3.5 more...
This is a dry persons holy grail!!!! I love it!! It gives a nice light coverage but moisturizes my skin at the same time!!!! I’m in love! It’s their hope in a jar lotion formula with foundation! A little bit goes a ways as well!
Leslie Y.
Daytona Beach, FL
I really wanted to love this face cream but it just didn't work out for me. It felt heavy on my skin. Not comfortable. Heavily creased in every single line on my face. Made me break out after a few uses then a few days after that it made my face itch. Bleh. A shame because this is a pricy cream.
Antonia M.
Escanaba, MI
I purchased shades 5.5 and 6.5 from Sephora. I had very high hopes for this. I've been mixing my foundation with cetaphil lotion to make my own tinted moisturizer, but still need a blender to apply. I've been looking for a tinted moisturizer that I can apply like lotion, and every brand has way too many shades for me to order online. So first impression when I received these, I couldnt believe how SMALL they were. I mean, really small. That was a big turn off. In their defense, a little goes a long way. (But still not enough for me to want to spend that much again) This does NOT go on like a moisturizer. It's thick like a whipped body cream, and when I attempted to put it on with my hands, it did not blend well. It goes on much better with a beauty sponge. It still feels heavy like foundation, and im disapoointed because i was looking for a "no makeup" makeup alternative for summertime. It even finishes kind of matte, which i normally love. With this i expected a nice glowy finish. I guess I'll need to look more towards a bronzing facial lotion. It's not bad by any means. But if you were expecting the same things I was, I'd look for a different product.
Aaron K.
Arlington , TX
Review for: 5.5 more...
It's hard to find your exact color, but it is a pretty product. It's moisturizing and sheer but you can Mona build it up.... it doesn't feel like you're wearing nothing though, it has SPF 20 so you can kinda feel that on your face.
Gladys D.
Williamstown , NJ
Review for: 5.5 more...
I received the s as a sample from Sephora. I felt been wearing this for a few days now while working on a renovation. I knew I was gonna be be sweating and dirty so I didn't want to go without anything but then I did want to wear makeup either. So this was perfect it's a tinted moisturizer with sunscreen. Now the claims that you can build it up to cover like a foundation, no this does not do this. It is a sheer coverage, it'll even out skintone but it does not cover blemishes, dark spots, or or redness. Now for the good things it a gel formula so it soaks into the skin quickly and doesn't feel heavy at all. I have very oily skin but i didn't get oily At All. Nothing all day and it's been a 12 hr workday , in the heat, outside, sweating and not a drop of oil. I haven't broken out yet. If it wasn't for being $39 I would get the full size of this for when I want to go to the gym or to go to the beach or hiking or biking. It perfect for a makeup no makeup day
Anais B.
Scottsdale, AZ
Which shade in this product would be considered a light/medium with neutral yellow undertones?
Dana C.
Hilton Head, SC
Is this pretty much just A tinted moisturizer?
Joelle V.
Is this long lasting? Does it look patchy or smooth on the skin?
Chelsea R.
Lake Ozark, MO
How much coverage does this have? And how long does it last? I'm wanting something for the summer for pool days so I don't. We'd to really wear makeup but can have something to help cover my redness and large pores.
Cheryl C.
Elkton, MD
how much coverage does this offer?