BY PHILOSOPHY

philosophy skin labs’ original breakthrough moisturizer is changing the face of skin care again. the revolutionary lightweight, whipped formula of hope in a jar is renewed and infused with a new innovation: clinically proven skin renewal technology. this groundbreaking formulation features a triple blend of alpha hydroxy acids, 3 forms of hyaluronate plus an asian fruit extract, delivering an even longer-lasting glow and continuous hydration benefits. reaffirm your commitment to beautiful skin with renewed hope and face the future with a whole new outlook.

• Is this moisturizer good for a normal to oily skin? 4 Answers
  • How much is the big jar of this and is it worth it to pay that much?3 Answers
  • Compared to the original, is the scent the same or different? Is ...3 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Alex S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This moisturizer is lightweight enough to use as a daytime product, but moisturizing enough to use overnight if you need more hydration. It smells clean, feels fresh, and didn't break me out. It is a bit on the pricey side, but I liked it. I would purchase it again.
Toni A.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Lightweight, whipped lotion. Prevents wrinkles, softens skin and improves skin's overall texture. I've used Philosophy's Hope in a jar line 20+ years and get compliments on how soft and smooth my skin is.
Maryam A.
I bought this product over the summer and I loved it then. Once the winter started kicking in, it stopped hydrating my skin which is a disappointment to me because it was great in the summer. My skin tend to get on the dry side in the winter.
Kelly M.
Six Mile, SC
Beauty Junkie Expert
This moisturizer is my favorite of all time! It does wonders for my skin and I can tell a difference if I use something else. Balances out my oily skin pretty well, not greasy. Nice packaging and a little goes a long way, so it lasts a long time!
Kristina S.
Massapequa, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
My face looks bright and radiant after using this moisturizer, it does get oily after a bit. It definitely was better than I expected, but I am not crazy about the ingredients so I probably wouldn't buy it. It does make my face feel soft and smooth.
Courtney H.
Dallas, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
I thought this was an ok product. I got it at Nordstrom. It was effective, but I have combination skin and it left my skin feeling greasy in areas which I hate. I wouldn't put it at the top of my list, but it's not so bad. It's also pretty gentle.
Rosanna D.
Sarasota , FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
Received a small sample of this and I liked it, but didn't get enough to really feel like I can give a good idea of it. I liked how it felt on my skin and light smell, but like to have more than a single use to really get an idea. Of a product.
Mariza I.
Colorado Springs
Bought this moisturizer a few months ago. I really love how it has spf in it while you're out in the sun. It's a bit oily but not too bad, I have pretty dry skin so it works well. A bit expensive for the size of the product but I would buy again.
Dara D.
I love this facial moisturizer. It blends beautifully into my skin and makes putting on foundation a breeze. I definitely have noticed that my skin tone has evened out. I love that it has spf. It is more expensive but it is totally worth it!
Rebecca J.
Soddy Daisy, TN
It has literally changed my life. Honestly.
I've struggled with severe acne for years, and on top of that, I have incredibly sensitive skin. My skin is so sensitive, in fact, I recently found out that I am allergic to salicylic acid (one of the most popular and prevalent ingredients in face washes), nickel, benzoyl peroxide, etc.
I have used Cetaphil and CeraVe to no avail. They both literally set my skin on fire. I received a sample of Renewed Hop In A Jar from Ulta and thought I'd give it a try. I am SO glad that I have. I only use it once a day because I'm using topical acne treatments at night, but it has changed everything! With the medication and topical treatments I'm using now, my skin was literally cracking and flaking off; this healed it! My pores seem much smaller, I'm nowhere near as oily at the end of the day as I was before; it's just AMAZING. This product is certainly a holy grail product for me and I highly recommend my fellow sensitive-skin sufferers to give it a try!
Brittany G.
What are your thoughts on this product?
Terica A.
Is this a good moisturizer for dry winter skin? Is it hydrating enough without feeling heavy?
Anayely A.
Is this moisturizer good for a normal to oily skin?
Jennifer H.
Compared to the original, is the scent the same or different? Is it stronger, weaker or the same?
Victoria C.
ON, Canada
How does it look under makeup?