BY PHILOSOPHY

philosophy skin labs’ original breakthrough moisturizer is changing the face of skin care again. the revolutionary lightweight, whipped formula of hope in a jar is renewed and infused with a new innovation: clinically proven skin renewal technology. this groundbreaking formulation features a triple blend of alpha hydroxy acids, 3 forms of hyaluronate plus an asian fruit extract, delivering an even longer-lasting glow and continuous hydration benefits. reaffirm your commitment to beautiful skin with renewed hope and face the future with a whole new outlook.

• Is this moisturizer good for a normal to oily skin? 4 Answers
  • How much is the big jar of this and is it worth it to pay that much?3 Answers
  • Compared to the original, is the scent the same or different? Is ...3 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Angela D.
Beauty Junkie Expert
These is no doubt that Philosophy knows what they're doing when it comes to skincare. This product just did not really do anything for me. Yes it moisturized my skin but it didn't do anything different than a cheaper moisturizer could have done. It does feel nice on the skin though.
Megan C.
Cleveland, Oh
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love this product, however in the summer months I tend to only use it at night, because it does contain alpha hydroxy acid, and It can increase sunburn.
The product itself feels great, and makes my face feel wonderful.
Carrie C.
Haddon Twp, NJ
If your a big fan of the philosophy original hope in a jar, but not a fan of the smell or texture then this product is a must have for you. Similar to the original hope in a jar as far as results go, but it is more of your average cream lotion as opposed to the whipped light texture of the original HIAJ. The scent is much more pleasing to the nose as well. It is a light florally spa like scent that diminishes as soon as you massage it in. Even my boyfriend is obsessed with the scent. The moisturizer itself gives amazing results, not only is it hydrating but it is packed with AHA acids that help lift dead skin off the skins surface giving you a much more clear and radiant complexion. I use this moisturizer in the morning about 5 minutes before my primer and foundation and it is all nice and soaked in by that time. This is perfect for all skin types, but since I'm severely dry i use a richer moisturizer in the night time. Philosophy just came out with the renewed HIAJ night cream and these two paired together are a dream.
Courtney R.
San Antonio, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
I bought this as part of a holiday kit and I loved it! I used it at night with an oil and it was perfect for my combo dry-acne prone skin. It was gentle and hydrating. It's a bit too expensive for me right now, but maybe once I use up everything else I have, I can repurchase
Gina I.
vacaville, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
got this from a friend as a gift and I absolutely loved it. my skin felt soft and never got irritated. very pleasing scent as philosophy does scents very well with nothing overpowering. only downside for me is cost. not something I can keep repurchasing every time I'm out.
Diane S.
Buffalo, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
This really is a good moisturizer, smells good and goes on smooth but it is not good for those with oily skin. This actually made my face look more oily quicker I was really disappointed. Also took away a star for the price, I think there are more affordable moisturizers that work just as well.
Haley C.
Arab, AL
Beauty Junkie Expert
I was always a believer in using cheaper lotions until I used this. This is AMAZING. I have dry skin and it makes my face hydrated and feeling smooth. It is light and not oily but heavy enough to be hydrating to dry skin. I use this every day and don't regret spending money on it.
Ebony S.
I love this moisturizer. I bought it when I was on my way out of the country to the Caribbean. I wanted something that would have a little coverage, but not be too heavy like foundation while I was out in the sun and around the pool. This gave me the perfect results.
Maria M.
tulsa, OK
Beauty Junkie Expert
I got two mini samples from sephora of the renewed hope in a jar and I love it!
it's got a nice light clean scent and is not too heavy. I can see myself using this 2x a day because it's so light feeling and really makes my skin feel good. A great everyday moisturizer!
Hillary H.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love the Philosophy body lotions and lip glosses so I thought I would like this as well. I've heard really good things from my friends. Unfortunately, this formula clogged my pores and gave me a ton of milia around my eyes. I also was not a fan of the smell.
Brittany G.
What are your thoughts on this product?
Terica A.
Is this a good moisturizer for dry winter skin? Is it hydrating enough without feeling heavy?
Anayely A.
Is this moisturizer good for a normal to oily skin?
Jennifer H.
Compared to the original, is the scent the same or different? Is it stronger, weaker or the same?
Victoria C.
ON, Canada
How does it look under makeup?