BY PHILOSOPHY

philosophy skin labs’ original breakthrough moisturizer is changing the face of skin care again. the revolutionary lightweight, whipped formula of hope in a jar is renewed and infused with a new innovation: clinically proven skin renewal technology. this groundbreaking formulation features a triple blend of alpha hydroxy acids, 3 forms of hyaluronate plus an asian fruit extract, delivering an even longer-lasting glow and continuous hydration benefits. reaffirm your commitment to beautiful skin with renewed hope and face the future with a whole new outlook.

• Is this moisturizer good for a normal to oily skin? 4 Answers
  • How much is the big jar of this and is it worth it to pay that much?3 Answers
  • Compared to the original, is the scent the same or different? Is ...3 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Heather F.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I've been using this particular moisturizer for over a year and I have to say....I love it! It is very moisturizing and I feel like it makes my skin more luminous and refreshes my tired skin. I use this most every night. I definitely can tell a difference when I wake up in the morning if I do t use it. Philosophy Renewed Hope In A Jar
Lisa H.
Romulus, MI
This stuff is an amazing moisturizer! I first received samples of this product then decided to purchase it from Ulta. It far beyond exceeded my expectations and was very effective. I highly recommend this to anyone looking for a great moisturizer, no matter your skin type. Mine is normal and my sister in law, with dry skin, loves it too!
Kelly M.
Holland
Amazing, light weight, super moisturizing and refreshing moisturizer. I've used a lot of drug store moisturizers, but this was my first higher end facial moisturizer and I love it so much I will never go back! Well priced for category.
Lesley S.
Morgantown, WV
Beauty Junkie Expert
I'm torn on this product. I do really like it, but do I think that it really is all that much better than a brand I can get at lower cost? Not really. I have very sensitive skin and this is gentle enough. The smell isn't offensive and the feel is nice and creamy but light. Probably not a product I will keep consistently stocked in my beauty cabinet.
Mariana U.
Fort Wayne
I swear by this moisturizer. It has kept my combination skin renewed and hydraded. It was very effective is helping my flaking skin in dry areas and I would buy it again. The packaging is great because I can use every bit of product. Although it is a little bit pricey for my taste I am willing to buy it again.
Danielle B.
California, MD
Beauty Junkie Expert
I loved this! The smell is a little strong, but it smells very good and it fades quickly. I felt this refined my skin quite well and didn't cause any irritation to my sensitive skin. I did notice a significant breakout about 4 weeks after I started using this in the morning and at night, but I'm not sure if the moisturizer is to blame. It was very light and refreshing, but may not provide enough moisture during the drier winter months.
Jessica B.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love Philosophy products and was excited to try this moisturizer. It has a great, subtle scent. Perfect for sensitive skin. Only downfall, it doesn't soak in completely and when I applied make-up over it there was some "flaking" of my concealer. I had to wipe it all off. Probably better for nighttime use before bed.
Emily-Ann C.
Shelbyville, TN
Beauty Junkie Expert
I got this in a sample a while back and used it all! It made my skin feel great during the cold months and did not sting my sensitive skin like some moisturizers do. However the price point is just too high for me to spend on a moisturizer and I've found myself going back to my regular face lotion
Logan H.
Durant, OK
Beauty Junkie Expert
I got a sample of this in sephora play and used it all within a week, using it day and night! It moisturizes my face so well and doesn't add extra oil like I thought it would. I used it all up and went and bought the full size jar and will repurchase it once I finish this one. It works wonders!
Vanessa V.
This product caught my attention as I was in the check out line. I love the brand philosopy it has always been so gentle with my sensitive skin. After trying this moisturizer my skin felt so soft he next morning. It did not feel greasy in any way it sunk right into the skin after a good 10 minutes. Yes, would totally buy the full size in the future.
Brittany G.
What are your thoughts on this product?
Terica A.
Is this a good moisturizer for dry winter skin? Is it hydrating enough without feeling heavy?
Anayely A.
Is this moisturizer good for a normal to oily skin?
Jennifer H.
Compared to the original, is the scent the same or different? Is it stronger, weaker or the same?
Victoria C.
ON, Canada
How does it look under makeup?