BY PHILOSOPHY

philosophy skin labs’ original breakthrough moisturizer is changing the face of skin care again. the revolutionary lightweight, whipped formula of hope in a jar is renewed and infused with a new innovation: clinically proven skin renewal technology. this groundbreaking formulation features a triple blend of alpha hydroxy acids, 3 forms of hyaluronate plus an asian fruit extract, delivering an even longer-lasting glow and continuous hydration benefits. reaffirm your commitment to beautiful skin with renewed hope and face the future with a whole new outlook.

• How much is the big jar of this and is it worth it to pay that much?3 Answers
  • Compared to the original, is the scent the same or different? Is ...3 Answers
  • is it good for oily skin?1 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Meagan B.
Meagan B.
I absolutely love this! I applied for a few samples online from Philosophy and love both! this one is a tiny bit richer than the gel one but they are both easily absorbed and wonderfully scented! I would recommend to anyone I know especially someone who doesn't like heavy moisturizers!
Jessica M.
Jessica M.
Carmel, IN
This moisturizer saved my skin this winter, but manages to not be too oily for summer. It may be a bit too heavy for my skin in summer as I've had some small breakouts, but not enough to make me switch from using this. Wish it had an SPF to it, but no moisturizer is perfect :)
Mary H.
Mary H.
Bronx, NY
I use this product everyday after I wash and tone my face and it makes my skin so soft and smooth. I've on;y run out of this product once and immediately had to go out and re-buy it. Super nice and pretty packaging, anyone who loves minimal but pretty packaging will love this.
Asheley G.
Asheley G.
Blairs, VA
Made my skin great! I have used almost the entire jar and I am ready to purchase more. It is more expensive than what I have used in the past, but I think it is worth it. I wish it wasn't in a jar, but I have been able to make it work. Will buy again when this jar has emptied.
Olivia A.
Olivia A.
Alexandria, VA
I love this baby! I hated so much the smell of the original so when I tried this and didn't know what it was and it was Hope in a Jar I was surprised because it didn't have the smell when i saw it was renewed I decided to try this everyday and I love it it's so worth the money
Jacquelyn Z.
Jacquelyn Z.
Premont, TX
I've tried other Philosophy products, so I was very skeptical in trying this one. The product is very greasy upon application. But once it dries your skin feels baby smooth. I hope I don't wake up with any break outs since I have hyper sensitive skin. But will update later.
Kelli S.
Kelli S.
This is my go to face moisturizer! It's very gentle on my sensitive skin. I use it every morning and night, and in between if needed. It really doesn't have a scent, so that's a plus for me. Fragrance will burn my skin and irritate my eczema. I highly recommend for anyone!
Abby G.
Abby G.
This is the best facial moisturizer ever! it left my skin feeling nice and fresh. it wasn't greasy or oily. it was very gentle and did good for my combination skin. i was a first time user and have continued to purchase it ever since. i love this brand and their products!
Daoma N.
Daoma N.
Moorhead, MN
I LOVE this moisturizer. It's light-weight formula absorbs in quickly and feels like I have put nothing on at all, yet leaves my slightly dry skin hydrated all day. The scent is very strong and kind of perfumey, but I really like it, and I'm pretty picky about scents.
Ken R.
Ken R.
Honolulu, HI
Hope in a Jar gives me so much hope! Not only does it moisturize my face well, it came in a cute travel size package that I took on trips a lot. A must have if you're a travel bug like me. Like other Philosophy products it leans on the pricier side but it's worth it!
Brittany G.
Brittany G.
What are your thoughts on this product?
Anayely A.
Anayely A.
Is this moisturizer good for a normal to oily skin?
Terica A.
Terica A.
Is this a good moisturizer for dry winter skin? Is it hydrating enough without feeling heavy?
Jennifer H.
Jennifer H.
Compared to the original, is the scent the same or different? Is it stronger, weaker or the same?
Lauren D.
Lauren D.
St Charles, IL
How much is the big jar of this and is it worth it to pay that much?