BY PHILOSOPHY

philosophy skin labs’ original breakthrough moisturizer is changing the face of skin care again. the revolutionary lightweight, whipped formula of hope in a jar is renewed and infused with a new innovation: clinically proven skin renewal technology. this groundbreaking formulation features a triple blend of alpha hydroxy acids, 3 forms of hyaluronate plus an asian fruit extract, delivering an even longer-lasting glow and continuous hydration benefits. reaffirm your commitment to beautiful skin with renewed hope and face the future with a whole new outlook.

• Is this moisturizer good for a normal to oily skin? 4 Answers
  • How much is the big jar of this and is it worth it to pay that much?3 Answers
  • Compared to the original, is the scent the same or different? Is ...3 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Lauren D.
Saint Charles, IL
Beauty Junkie Expert
I just picked this up at Sephora before I left for a week vacation. I thought it worked really well. I have dry skin and I knew I needed to lock in the moisture or my foundation would look terrible. I loved it. Didn't look greasy. I would buy it again in a bigger jar if it wasn't so pricey
jennifer s.
Melbourne, FL
I can not say that I love this enough! I love that this is so light, but really does give my skin a moisturized feeling all day long. i have tried a lot of moisturizers that are either too think, or leave you still feeling dry. Not this one! I have gone through multiple jars of this and cant get enough. While Philosophy can be a little pricey at times, I try to buy my stuff in sets to save some money. It is well worth the price.
Ruthe T.
Colorado Spgs, CO
Beauty Junkie Expert
I loved the Philosophy Renewed Hope in a jar cream. I got the 2 oz first because it was less expensive and i wanted to try it first! Well safe to say i fell in love with it and of course purchased the regular size jar of it! Its so amazing it smells clean and hydrates my skin nicely!
Emily J.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I literally love this moisturizer. There is one for night and one for the day. I only use the one for the day currently but hope to use the one for night:) I used it once and I woke up and my face with smooth and no longer dry. This is literally a life saver for dry skin in the winter or really any season:))!
Mariah M.
This is a great universal moisturizer for all skin types. I used the orginal Hope In A Jar for years until they came out with the "renewed" version. It's a very light weight moisturizer that sits wonderfully under makeup. It's not greasy at all. The smell is not my favorite to be honest, but I have over looked it because it's a great "never let you down" kind of product.
Cassi S.
Morrison, IL
This moisturizer is amazing! I've tried numerous different products but my skin is pretty sensitive and I always ended up with either a red face or a break out. This is the first one that doesn't irritate my skin and isn't too oily either.
vanessa r.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I remember receiving this as a gift along with the face wash/ make up remover. I never used to put lotion or moisturizer on my face because it would always make my pores feel clogged or like it was heavy. When I first tried it, it applied very lightly and didn't feel heavy at all. After using it for a month my face started to break out and the product didn't feel as light anymore.
Dawn I.
Cutchogue, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I usually only use Cetaphil for my face but I received a sample of this is a subscription box. My skin is very sensitive. This moisturizer is SO GOOD! It leaves my skin soft and glowing. The scent is MY FAVORITE! I LOVE the smell of it! It doesn't leave my skin greasy. No reaction to it! I already purchased a full size jar. It's SO GOOD! Definitely recommend.
Jennifer C.
Ansonia , CT
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is currently my everyday moisturizer. I have dry skin and this is so gentile yet effective. It got rid of my dry areas near my nose (creases) and a dry patch I had under my chin. Im about to run out and will repurchase it asap. Also, makeup applies easily over it. Love this stuff!!!
Jaimee S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I LOVE Philosophy and have been using their Renewed Hope in a Jar for about a year and a half consistently. I always buy from Ulta since they usually have gifts with purchase lol (who doesn't like free stuff?!). Anyways, this moisturizer is very light and leaves my skin feeling instantly softer. I use it in the morning and at night and started noticing improvements to my sensitive/dry skin within a week of first using it. I absolutely recommend :]
Brittany G.
What are your thoughts on this product?
Terica A.
Is this a good moisturizer for dry winter skin? Is it hydrating enough without feeling heavy?
Anayely A.
Is this moisturizer good for a normal to oily skin?
Jennifer H.
Compared to the original, is the scent the same or different? Is it stronger, weaker or the same?
Victoria C.
ON, Canada
How does it look under makeup?