BY PHILOSOPHY

philosophy skin labs’ original breakthrough moisturizer is changing the face of skin care again. the revolutionary lightweight, whipped formula of hope in a jar is renewed and infused with a new innovation: clinically proven skin renewal technology. this groundbreaking formulation features a triple blend of alpha hydroxy acids, 3 forms of hyaluronate plus an asian fruit extract, delivering an even longer-lasting glow and continuous hydration benefits. reaffirm your commitment to beautiful skin with renewed hope and face the future with a whole new outlook.

• Is this moisturizer good for a normal to oily skin? 4 Answers
  • How much is the big jar of this and is it worth it to pay that much?3 Answers
  • Compared to the original, is the scent the same or different? Is ...3 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Erin E.
I absolutely love this moisturizer. I use it daily after cleansing with Purity by Philosophy. My face and neck have never felt softer. I look forward to washing my face every morning and night because I know how beautiful my skin will look when I do. This moisturizer isn't greasy. It absorbs well and doesn't make my skin oily. It doesn't interfere with my makeup routine. I apply this moisturizer after a serum and my eye cream, then I apply my primer. I can use a liquid foundation and not have to worry about it running all over my face or being uneven, as is the case with other moisturizers that don't absorb well.
Nayelli C.
N Smithfield, RI
I like this product but I don't love it like I like the original hope in a jar. The original hope in a jar felt like jellified water on my face but the smell of plants bothered my husband. I didn't mind it after awhile because I love the feeling of that moisturizer. The renewed hope in a jar doesn't have that smell, in fact it smells pleasent. The formula is definitely different it feels like a moisturizer like other moisturizers I've tried. I love the benefits that it has but I won't purchase it as often but I'll still purchase sometimes. Also there's no SPF which is a bummer so I use a different one by Origins.
Erica S.
I absolutely had amazing instant results with Hope in a Jar, but the original, not this renewed one. They are different. I have oily to combo skin and the Renewed is for dry & normal so it is more greasy in a silky way. It broke me out badly and my face looked like a frying pan. The original though made my texture even, brightened it, reduced appearance of fine lines and made it feel baby soft. If you have dry skin you can use either one but renewed definitely is oilier.
Megan C.
Mesa, AZ
This moisturizer is amazing. After just one use I noticed that my skin was no longer dry and patchy. It really does make my skin feel moisturized. This also has an AMAZING scent, it leaves my skin smelling so fresh but not overwhelming. I highly recommend trying the travel size if you are sceptical, that's what I did and after a week of using the Purity face wash and this moisturizer while travelling, I went and purchased the full size!
kelly p.
Queen creek, AZ
I am such a lover of Philosophy products!!! They are very high quality while still being affordable. I use this moisturizer in the morning every morning and I am in love. Its super soothing on my very dry skin, and leaves a soft glow after every use. You can get the big jar (4oz) at sephora for 72$ - I know that sounds expensive but when I am telling you this product will last you 5+ months it is worth it.
Nadia S.
There are a lot of great things about this cream, but if you have sensitive skin I would proceed with caution. This moisturizer has an undisclosed amount of glycolic acid in it, which is an AHA. This is great, because AHAs reduce wrinkles and skin texture, but they can be extremely harsh on sensitive skin, and you HAVE to use sunscreen for the next 7 days after using them. So overall, this is a nice product if you know how to use it correctly and your skin isn't sensitive. Because my skin is sensitive, this didn't work out so well for me.
Breyonna S.
There is nothing wrong with Philosophy Renewed hope in a jar but I was not impressed by it. I have other skin care creams that I use that I prefer. The texture of it was a lotion and it sinks into the skin right away. It smelled good. It worked fine and it did not leave my face feeling greasy. I also did not break out from it. For the price I have other things I prefer.
Daphne W.
There is definitely a big difference between this and the regular "Hope in a Jar". This has a more silky feel to it and really soaks and sinks into my skin leaving it feeling buttery soft and smooth, which I really love. I also feel like you get better anti-wrinkle results with this as well. Highly recommend trying!!
Alexis C.
I was apprehensive to purchase this product only because it was a good amount of money, but I wasn't disappointed! Hands down one of the best moisturizers out there! My skin is extremely dry and sensitive as well. This product didn't irritate my skin. I saw my skin change for the better in 24 hours. I would recommend this to everyone!
Amber S.
Westerly, RI
This product works amazing! I started to see some early signs of aging and this product has helped a lot! Also I haven't seen any new signs of aging! It doesn't make my sensitive skin break out! It keeps my skin hydrated and gives me a nice natural glow! After the first night I began to use this..I had people at work saying "wow you look well rested!" A big thumbs up for me! 2017 here I come!
Brittany G.
What are your thoughts on this product?
Anayely A.
Is this moisturizer good for a normal to oily skin?
Terica A.
Is this a good moisturizer for dry winter skin? Is it hydrating enough without feeling heavy?
Jennifer H.
Compared to the original, is the scent the same or different? Is it stronger, weaker or the same?
Victoria C.
ON, Canada
How does it look under makeup?