BY PHILOSOPHY

philosophy skin labs’ original breakthrough moisturizer is changing the face of skin care again. the revolutionary lightweight, whipped formula of hope in a jar is renewed and infused with a new innovation: clinically proven skin renewal technology. this groundbreaking formulation features a triple blend of alpha hydroxy acids, 3 forms of hyaluronate plus an asian fruit extract, delivering an even longer-lasting glow and continuous hydration benefits. reaffirm your commitment to beautiful skin with renewed hope and face the future with a whole new outlook.

• How much is the big jar of this and is it worth it to pay that much?3 Answers
  • Compared to the original, is the scent the same or different? Is ...3 Answers
  • is it good for oily skin?1 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Mariah M.
This is a great universal moisturizer for all skin types. I used the orginal Hope In A Jar for years until they came out with the "renewed" version. It's a very light weight moisturizer that sits wonderfully under makeup. It's not greasy at all. The smell is not my favorite to be honest, but I have over looked it because it's a great "never let you down" kind of product.
Emily J.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I literally love this moisturizer. There is one for night and one for the day. I only use the one for the day currently but hope to use the one for night:) I used it once and I woke up and my face with smooth and no longer dry. This is literally a life saver for dry skin in the winter or really any season:))!
vanessa r.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I remember receiving this as a gift along with the face wash/ make up remover. I never used to put lotion or moisturizer on my face because it would always make my pores feel clogged or like it was heavy. When I first tried it, it applied very lightly and didn't feel heavy at all. After using it for a month my face started to break out and the product didn't feel as light anymore.
Dawn I.
Cutchogue, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I usually only use Cetaphil for my face but I received a sample of this is a subscription box. My skin is very sensitive. This moisturizer is SO GOOD! It leaves my skin soft and glowing. The scent is MY FAVORITE! I LOVE the smell of it! It doesn't leave my skin greasy. No reaction to it! I already purchased a full size jar. It's SO GOOD! Definitely recommend.
Heather F.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I've been using this particular moisturizer for over a year and I have to say....I love it! It is very moisturizing and I feel like it makes my skin more luminous and refreshes my tired skin. I use this most every night. I definitely can tell a difference when I wake up in the morning if I do t use it. Philosophy Renewed Hope In A Jar
Jaimee S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I LOVE Philosophy and have been using their Renewed Hope in a Jar for about a year and a half consistently. I always buy from Ulta since they usually have gifts with purchase lol (who doesn't like free stuff?!). Anyways, this moisturizer is very light and leaves my skin feeling instantly softer. I use it in the morning and at night and started noticing improvements to my sensitive/dry skin within a week of first using it. I absolutely recommend :]
Lisa H.
Romulus, MI
This stuff is an amazing moisturizer! I first received samples of this product then decided to purchase it from Ulta. It far beyond exceeded my expectations and was very effective. I highly recommend this to anyone looking for a great moisturizer, no matter your skin type. Mine is normal and my sister in law, with dry skin, loves it too!
Kelly M.
Holland
Amazing, light weight, super moisturizing and refreshing moisturizer. I've used a lot of drug store moisturizers, but this was my first higher end facial moisturizer and I love it so much I will never go back! Well priced for category.
Lesley S.
Morgantown, WV
Beauty Junkie Expert
I'm torn on this product. I do really like it, but do I think that it really is all that much better than a brand I can get at lower cost? Not really. I have very sensitive skin and this is gentle enough. The smell isn't offensive and the feel is nice and creamy but light. Probably not a product I will keep consistently stocked in my beauty cabinet.
Danielle B.
California, MD
Beauty Junkie Expert
I loved this! The smell is a little strong, but it smells very good and it fades quickly. I felt this refined my skin quite well and didn't cause any irritation to my sensitive skin. I did notice a significant breakout about 4 weeks after I started using this in the morning and at night, but I'm not sure if the moisturizer is to blame. It was very light and refreshing, but may not provide enough moisture during the drier winter months.
Brittany G.
What are your thoughts on this product?
Terica A.
Is this a good moisturizer for dry winter skin? Is it hydrating enough without feeling heavy?
Anayely A.
Is this moisturizer good for a normal to oily skin?
Victoria C.
ON, Canada
How does it look under makeup?
Lauren D.
Saint Charles, IL
How much is the big jar of this and is it worth it to pay that much?