BY PHILOSOPHY

philosophy skin labs’ original breakthrough moisturizer is changing the face of skin care again. the revolutionary lightweight, whipped formula of hope in a jar is renewed and infused with a new innovation: clinically proven skin renewal technology. this groundbreaking formulation features a triple blend of alpha hydroxy acids, 3 forms of hyaluronate plus an asian fruit extract, delivering an even longer-lasting glow and continuous hydration benefits. reaffirm your commitment to beautiful skin with renewed hope and face the future with a whole new outlook.

• How much is the big jar of this and is it worth it to pay that much?3 Answers
  • Compared to the original, is the scent the same or different? Is ...2 Answers
  • is it good for oily skin?1 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Karen L.
Karen L.
Only had this product for three days, but I already love it. I have combination skin, so it's really hard for me to find a moisturizer that actually moisturizes without making my skin oily in certain places. This one is light and gentle, and doesn't leave any greasiness.
Samantha I.
Samantha I.
Norwalk, OH
I absolutely love this moisturizer!! Especially now in the winter my face gets extremely dry, I have been looking for a good face moisturizer that isn't super heavy and makes your face look greasy. This one is perfect, its very light weight and really adds some moisture to your face. I put it on at night after I wash my face, and I apply it under neath my makeup.
Molly L.
Molly L.
I thought this was a lotion. I had no idea that they used unicorn tears & fairy dust to make it. It literally felt like rubbing magical clouds on my dry, brittle winter skin. It brought my serpent like skin back to life. For one, very brief, very wonderful moment while applying my renewed hope in a jar, I actually felt like my face looked like Jennifer Aniston's. Then I opened me eyes in front of the bathroom mirror & snapped back to reality - (is this why it's "hope" in a jar??). Really, it's ok though, because even though I don't look like her, my skin feels awesome enough to make up for it. Thanks Philosophy!
Stephanie R.
Stephanie R.
University Pl, WA
this has helped heal all my dry spots on my face i just love it and cant get enough it! Its around 40 dollars and well worth it
Maryam A.
Maryam A.
I bought this product over the summer and I loved it then. Once the winter started kicking in, it stopped hydrating my skin which is a disappointment to me because it was great in the summer. My skin tend to get on the dry side in the winter.
Kimberly W.
Kimberly W.
Wilmington, NC
I love the Philosophy brand. This cream is very light compared to others. Seems to last a while and feels great on the skin. A little bit pricey but the quality is there!
Ana H.
Ana H.
Chula Vista, CA
This is one of the best moisturizers I've ever tried!! I have dry/sensitive skin especially during fall. I use this every day and night and it keeps my skin hydrated all day with no flakiness or dry patches. I'm very happy I received this as a sample from allure. Im definitely gonna buy the full size
Jin C.
Jin C.
This Hope in a Jar is Oprah approved and it did not failed. It's light, gentle and hydrates. I love using it everyday
erin h.
erin h.
Bedford, IN
The philosophy brand has done some miracles to my skin let me tell you. I've always had the "joys" of having super sensitive acne prone combination skin. This stuff will rock your socks off. It's so light yet hydrating doesn't leave you looking like a grease ball. I have not found a moisturizer/brand that I have loved and will repurchase fro a lifetime.
Erica S.
Erica S.
I absolutely had amazing instant results with Hope in a Jar, but the original, not this renewed one. They are different. I have oily to combo skin and the Renewed is for dry & normal so it is more greasy in a silky way. It broke me out badly and my face looked like a frying pan. The original though made my texture even, brightened it, reduced appearance of fine lines and made it feel baby soft. If you have dry skin you can use either one but renewed definitely is oilier.
Brittany G.
Brittany G.
What are your thoughts on this product?
Anayely A.
Anayely A.
Is this moisturizer good for a normal to oily skin?
Terica A.
Terica A.
Is this a good moisturizer for dry winter skin? Is it hydrating enough without feeling heavy?
Lauren D.
Lauren D.
St Charles, IL
How much is the big jar of this and is it worth it to pay that much?
Victoria C.
Victoria C.
ON, Canada
How does it look under makeup?