BY PHILOSOPHY

philosophy skin labs’ original breakthrough moisturizer is changing the face of skin care again. the revolutionary lightweight, whipped formula of hope in a jar is renewed and infused with a new innovation: clinically proven skin renewal technology. this groundbreaking formulation features a triple blend of alpha hydroxy acids, 3 forms of hyaluronate plus an asian fruit extract, delivering an even longer-lasting glow and continuous hydration benefits. reaffirm your commitment to beautiful skin with renewed hope and face the future with a whole new outlook.

• How much is the big jar of this and is it worth it to pay that much?3 Answers
  • Compared to the original, is the scent the same or different? Is ...2 Answers
  • is it good for oily skin?1 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Tina W.
Tina W.
Pensacola, FL
I love this face cream. I have very oily skin and this lightweight formula has kept my skin hydrated and not greasy!
Pearl D.
Pearl D.
I love Philosophy products. And I must say that the moisturizers are worth every penny. I originally used the hope in the jar but when i ran out I decided to try the renewed hope in a jar. Though the renewed hope in a jar is $2 more it is worth it! It is more rich and creamy and you only have to use a dime size amount! With the regular hope in a jar it feels more water based when applied to your face, causing more to be applied.
Kayluh K.
Kayluh K.
Anderson, Ca
Forwarning, this product smells HORRIBLE. BUT it does get the job done, after using this product for about a week my skin is noticably smoothr, firm, and soft.
Jennifer C.
Jennifer C.
Ansonia, CT
This is currently my everyday moisturizer. I have dry skin and this is so gentile yet effective. It got rid of my dry areas near my nose (creases) and a dry patch I had under my chin. Im about to run out and will repurchase it asap. Also, makeup applies easily over it. Love this stuff!!!
Valerie P.
Valerie P.
After having kids my skin changed drasticlu from oily/combo to severely dry (yay hormones!). I also suffer from hormonal acne linked with my cycle. This is the first facial moisturizer that I've used that didn't make me break out to make my face become a complete oil slick.

Only a little is needed. It soaks up evenly and quickly, without leaving a greasy/sticky feeling afterward. The scent is fresh and light, not overpowering. I highly recommend this to all my friends and family members when the topic of moisturizers arises.
Amy R.
Amy R.
I feel like my skin changes from oily to dry to combination daily and this is perfect for me. It makes my skin feel smooth and hydrated without making it feel oily. I have never tried a Philosophy product I haven't loved!
Sarah E.
Sarah E.
It's scented. Unfortunately with my sensitive skin I cannot use it. It also seems a bit greasy to me. I know a lot of people love this, but I don't.
Lashea M.
Lashea M.
I got this online and I tried it. It makes your face soooo soft! I love to put it on every night before I go to bed. I love it and I will purchase more!
Courtney H.
Courtney H.
Altoona, PA
I LOVE this so much. I used the regular Hope In a Jar and in my honest opinion, I felt it smelled like wet dog. I don't know if it was the one I had or what but it's just kinda what I thought. This stuff has a nice and very soft floral scent. It smells lovely. I place it onto my skin and it just smooths my skin out and makes it feel so soft. I just love touching my face because it feels like silk. I think it makes me look much more youthful and gives my skin such a gorgeous glow before putting my makeup on. Love this stuff~!
B E.
B E.
This is some amazing stuff. My Face feel so soft and hydrated after using this if I could give this 10 stars I would..
Brittany G.
Brittany G.
What are your thoughts on this product?
Anayely A.
Anayely A.
Is this moisturizer good for a normal to oily skin?
Terica A.
Terica A.
Is this a good moisturizer for dry winter skin? Is it hydrating enough without feeling heavy?
Lauren D.
Lauren D.
St Charles, IL
How much is the big jar of this and is it worth it to pay that much?
Victoria C.
Victoria C.
ON, Canada
How does it look under makeup?