BY PHILOSOPHY

philosophy skin labs’ original breakthrough moisturizer is changing the face of skin care again. the revolutionary lightweight, whipped formula of hope in a jar is renewed and infused with a new innovation: clinically proven skin renewal technology. this groundbreaking formulation features a triple blend of alpha hydroxy acids, 3 forms of hyaluronate plus an asian fruit extract, delivering an even longer-lasting glow and continuous hydration benefits. reaffirm your commitment to beautiful skin with renewed hope and face the future with a whole new outlook.

• How much is the big jar of this and is it worth it to pay that much?3 Answers
  • Compared to the original, is the scent the same or different? Is ...3 Answers
  • is it good for oily skin?1 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Erica S.
Erica S.
I absolutely had amazing instant results with Hope in a Jar, but the original, not this renewed one. They are different. I have oily to combo skin and the Renewed is for dry & normal so it is more greasy in a silky way. It broke me out badly and my face looked like a frying pan. The original though made my texture even, brightened it, reduced appearance of fine lines and made it feel baby soft. If you have dry skin you can use either one but renewed definitely is oilier.
Kimberly W.
Kimberly W.
Wilmington, NC
I love the Philosophy brand. This cream is very light compared to others. Seems to last a while and feels great on the skin. A little bit pricey but the quality is there!
Maryam A.
Maryam A.
I bought this product over the summer and I loved it then. Once the winter started kicking in, it stopped hydrating my skin which is a disappointment to me because it was great in the summer. My skin tend to get on the dry side in the winter.
Kay C.
Kay C.
Branford, CT
I do not recommend it for oily/combination skin. I really liked this product as it has spf and have had such great reviews. However for the price I did not think it had enough beneficial contents for my skin. It says it helps with texture of skin but after using this product for 5 weeks I did not notice any difference. I think the only aspect this product is good for is the sunscreen, which you can get for a much better price anywhere else. This product left my skin feeling greasy and I had to wear a mattifying foundation powder on top to hide the greasy look. Really tried to like the product. Not worth the price!
Stephanie R.
Stephanie R.
University Pl, WA
this has helped heal all my dry spots on my face i just love it and cant get enough it! Its around 40 dollars and well worth it
Molly L.
Molly L.
I thought this was a lotion. I had no idea that they used unicorn tears & fairy dust to make it. It literally felt like rubbing magical clouds on my dry, brittle winter skin. It brought my serpent like skin back to life. For one, very brief, very wonderful moment while applying my renewed hope in a jar, I actually felt like my face looked like Jennifer Aniston's. Then I opened me eyes in front of the bathroom mirror & snapped back to reality - (is this why it's "hope" in a jar??). Really, it's ok though, because even though I don't look like her, my skin feels awesome enough to make up for it. Thanks Philosophy!
Jasmine Y.
Jasmine Y.
This moisturizer has changed my life. I've had dry combo skin for my whole life and would constantly have dry patches and itchy skin all over my face. I'd constantly flake too. Since using this moisturizer sometimes twice a day after a cleansing oil, my skin is radiant! It's firm, evenly toned and amazingly soft!
Samantha I.
Samantha I.
Norwalk, OH
I absolutely love this moisturizer!! Especially now in the winter my face gets extremely dry, I have been looking for a good face moisturizer that isn't super heavy and makes your face look greasy. This one is perfect, its very light weight and really adds some moisture to your face. I put it on at night after I wash my face, and I apply it under neath my makeup.
Alexis C.
Alexis C.
I was apprehensive to purchase this product only because it was a good amount of money, but I wasn't disappointed! Hands down one of the best moisturizers out there! My skin is extremely dry and sensitive as well. This product didn't irritate my skin. I saw my skin change for the better in 24 hours. I would recommend this to everyone!
Karen L.
Karen L.
Only had this product for three days, but I already love it. I have combination skin, so it's really hard for me to find a moisturizer that actually moisturizes without making my skin oily in certain places. This one is light and gentle, and doesn't leave any greasiness.
Brittany G.
Brittany G.
What are your thoughts on this product?
Anayely A.
Anayely A.
Is this moisturizer good for a normal to oily skin?
Terica A.
Terica A.
Is this a good moisturizer for dry winter skin? Is it hydrating enough without feeling heavy?
Jennifer H.
Jennifer H.
Compared to the original, is the scent the same or different? Is it stronger, weaker or the same?
Lauren D.
Lauren D.
St Charles, IL
How much is the big jar of this and is it worth it to pay that much?