BY PHILOSOPHY

philosophy skin labs’ original breakthrough moisturizer is changing the face of skin care again. the revolutionary lightweight, whipped formula of hope in a jar is renewed and infused with a new innovation: clinically proven skin renewal technology. this groundbreaking formulation features a triple blend of alpha hydroxy acids, 3 forms of hyaluronate plus an asian fruit extract, delivering an even longer-lasting glow and continuous hydration benefits. reaffirm your commitment to beautiful skin with renewed hope and face the future with a whole new outlook.

• Is this moisturizer good for a normal to oily skin? 4 Answers
  • How much is the big jar of this and is it worth it to pay that much?3 Answers
  • Compared to the original, is the scent the same or different? Is ...3 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Isa B.
I really do like this moisturizer. A little goes a long way. I just feel like sometimes my skin doesn't soak it up all the way.
Meagan O.
Love this moisturizer! I use this every morning along with the night cream at night. It does have a higher price, but I think both are well worth it. I have sensitive skin and find it very gentle and non-irritating. I would highly recommend this product to others.
Martha L.
COLUMBIA, SC
I've always been bad about moisturizing because I was never overly pleased with many of the formulas. But now that I've used Philosophy's Hope in a Jar, I moisturize daily. I especially like how fast this absorbs, how light it feels, how well it moisturizes, and that it doesn't smell overpowering. I use the day time and nighttime lotion. I recommend this to everyone!
Amy T.
Reisterstown, MD
Beauty Junkie Expert
My number 1 Fav moisturizer. I tried it when it first came out and i haven't been without it since. This is a great moisturizer for normal, oily and or combination skin. it hydrates without leaving your skin feeling oily or sticky and it absorbs very quick. it may not be as great for extremely dry skin but you can always give it a try. it also smells really great yet not to over powering and it doesn't clog pores or cause break outs well for me it doesn't :) Great product. a little expensive but a little goes a long way. It also comes in a smaller size if you just wanna test it out for a few weeks without making a huge commitment.
Ashley L.
N Charleston, SC
Beauty Junkie Expert
When I originally purchased this productime, I liked it. After using it for about a month, it didn't seem to be working as well as it originally had. My skin was dry and bumpy. I have sensitive skin, and this product didn't irritate it or cause any redness, I just didn't feel like it was a good enough moisturizer for me.
Lisa J.
Mooresville, NC
Favorite moisturizer of all time. Hands down. Everyone needs this in their life. It makes your skin look airbrushed even without makeup on. Soaks right in and doesn't break you out. The packaging is beautiful. I would recommend this to all my family and friends
Kayluh K.
Anderson, Ca
Beauty Junkie Expert
Forwarning, this product smells HORRIBLE. BUT it does get the job done, after using this product for about a week my skin is noticably smoothr, firm, and soft.
Kayce Rae I.
I have enjoyed using this moisturizer and like it better than the regular hope in a jar. The scent of the renewed hope is light and appealing and disappears quickly. I have extremely oily skin and appreciate how it is quickly absorbed and leaves my skin feel refreshed. It lasts all day, inside or outside, and I have noticed my skin feeling softer since I started using it two months ago.
Eleanor D.
Portland, OR
So expensive, but really good! I use this as a night cream and I wake up with my face feeling moisturized, but not oily or gross. It's kind of icky that it comes in a jar, but I always wash my hands before dipping my fingers in, and I haven't gotten any skin infections or anything, so I guess it's all good! I also don't get dry patches like I used to since I've been using this.
Jenne C.
Fayetteville, NC
I received a sample of this directly from Philosophy and I wanted to like it, I really did. I would say I have combination skin, or normal skin that errs on the side of dry, and I found that this moisturizer didn't moisturize enough. Yes, it gives a light, silky feel, but my skin felt dry and a bit tight midway throughout the day, even while using a moisturizing BB creme over top.
Brittany G.
What are your thoughts on this product?
Terica A.
Is this a good moisturizer for dry winter skin? Is it hydrating enough without feeling heavy?
Anayely A.
Is this moisturizer good for a normal to oily skin?
Jennifer H.
Compared to the original, is the scent the same or different? Is it stronger, weaker or the same?
Victoria C.
ON, Canada
How does it look under makeup?