BY PHILOSOPHY

philosophy skin labs’ original breakthrough moisturizer is changing the face of skin care again. the revolutionary lightweight, whipped formula of hope in a jar is renewed and infused with a new innovation: clinically proven skin renewal technology. this groundbreaking formulation features a triple blend of alpha hydroxy acids, 3 forms of hyaluronate plus an asian fruit extract, delivering an even longer-lasting glow and continuous hydration benefits. reaffirm your commitment to beautiful skin with renewed hope and face the future with a whole new outlook.

• Is this moisturizer good for a normal to oily skin? 4 Answers
  • How much is the big jar of this and is it worth it to pay that much?3 Answers
  • Compared to the original, is the scent the same or different? Is ...3 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Molly L.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I thought this was a lotion. I had no idea that they used unicorn tears & fairy dust to make it. It literally felt like rubbing magical clouds on my dry, brittle winter skin. It brought my serpent like skin back to life. For one, very brief, very wonderful moment while applying my renewed hope in a jar, I actually felt like my face looked like Jennifer Aniston's. Then I opened me eyes in front of the bathroom mirror & snapped back to reality - (is this why it's "hope" in a jar??). Really, it's ok though, because even though I don't look like her, my skin feels awesome enough to make up for it. Thanks Philosophy!
Kimberly D.
Grand Jct, CO
Beauty Junkie Expert
I am absolutely addicted to this product! I apply every night and wake up with moisturized skin and a fresh face! Something I like about this product is that it doesn't make me break out as some moisturizers tend to do. The scent is clean and light - not overpowering at all! I've noticed some minimal reduction in fine lines as well. Overall a great product! I bought my 4oz jar for about $65 from Ulta. Used daily, this will last me over 6 months easily.
Daniela D.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Had a tiny sample of this and thoroughly enjoyed it. Got a few more samples from Sephora/Nordstrom to continue trying it before purchasing because it does cost quite a bit. Definitely worth it though. Smells nice and absorbs quick, is light weight and has helped with not only my severely dry skin but also with breakouts. I have had much brighter, clearer skin since using this product daily. I love it. It's refreshing. Availability at Sephora, Ulta, Nordstrom and most stores like that. I pair it with my purity cleanser usually.
Holly S.
Westland, MI
Beauty Junkie Expert
I absolutely love the way these products smell.  They're light on the skin (nighttime formula is thicker, of course) and don't seem to be clogging my pores.
Shelby S.
Port Orchard , WA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I originally came across this product from my ipsy subscription. I decided to give the sample a try one morning and absolutely fell in love with it! I was lucky enough to get the full size as a christmas present. The lightweight, whipped formula delivers a long lasting glow while absorbing quickly and goes on so smooth! It's long lasting, moisturizing, not greasy whatsoever and smells wonderful! Leaving my skin feeling softer and softer with every use. I love this moisturizer and would absolutely recommend this to a friend.
Miriam B.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I got the Philosophy Renewed Hope in a jar as part of a holiday set at Sephora last year. I really enjoy trying out new moisturizers, but sadly I was a little underwhelmed with this product. I used the entire jar hoping it would help refine my pores, but all it did was keep my skin moisturized. That being said, it was a great moisturizer so I gave it 4 stars. I was just hoping for more. The product does have a strong medicated smell, but it feels really nice on the skin. I would save your money and try out something that works better.
Nikki G.
Winona, MO
Beauty Junkie Expert
This moisturizer is one of the best moisturizers out there.

I purchased it from ULTA. I was in urgent need of a moisturizer as every kind I had used made me super oily. I have combo skin. I picked this one up hoping and praying it didn't suck.

To my surprise it did not! It smells really pretty, it's a light floral scent. I was worried with it being floral it would irritate my skin as it is very sensitive but it did not! Score!

Next I noticed that it did moisturizer but did not leave it feeling greasy or even my fingers greasy! Which is a blessing! I use it at night and my face loves it! I am so happy I purchased it!
Nayelli C.
N Smithfield, RI
Beauty Junkie Expert
I like this product but I don't love it like I like the original hope in a jar. The original hope in a jar felt like jellified water on my face but the smell of plants bothered my husband. I didn't mind it after awhile because I love the feeling of that moisturizer. The renewed hope in a jar doesn't have that smell, in fact it smells pleasent. The formula is definitely different it feels like a moisturizer like other moisturizers I've tried. I love the benefits that it has but I won't purchase it as often but I'll still purchase sometimes. Also there's no SPF which is a bummer so I use a different one by Origins.
Erin E.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I absolutely love this moisturizer. I use it daily after cleansing with Purity by Philosophy. My face and neck have never felt softer. I look forward to washing my face every morning and night because I know how beautiful my skin will look when I do. This moisturizer isn't greasy. It absorbs well and doesn't make my skin oily. It doesn't interfere with my makeup routine. I apply this moisturizer after a serum and my eye cream, then I apply my primer. I can use a liquid foundation and not have to worry about it running all over my face or being uneven, as is the case with other moisturizers that don't absorb well.
Erica S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I absolutely had amazing instant results with Hope in a Jar, but the original, not this renewed one. They are different. I have oily to combo skin and the Renewed is for dry & normal so it is more greasy in a silky way. It broke me out badly and my face looked like a frying pan. The original though made my texture even, brightened it, reduced appearance of fine lines and made it feel baby soft. If you have dry skin you can use either one but renewed definitely is oilier.
Brittany G.
What are your thoughts on this product?
Terica A.
Is this a good moisturizer for dry winter skin? Is it hydrating enough without feeling heavy?
Anayely A.
Is this moisturizer good for a normal to oily skin?
Jennifer H.
Compared to the original, is the scent the same or different? Is it stronger, weaker or the same?
Victoria C.
ON, Canada
How does it look under makeup?