BY PHILOSOPHY

philosophy skin labs’ original breakthrough moisturizer is changing the face of skin care again. the revolutionary lightweight, whipped formula of hope in a jar is renewed and infused with a new innovation: clinically proven skin renewal technology. this groundbreaking formulation features a triple blend of alpha hydroxy acids, 3 forms of hyaluronate plus an asian fruit extract, delivering an even longer-lasting glow and continuous hydration benefits. reaffirm your commitment to beautiful skin with renewed hope and face the future with a whole new outlook.

• Is this moisturizer good for a normal to oily skin? 4 Answers
  • How much is the big jar of this and is it worth it to pay that much?3 Answers
  • Compared to the original, is the scent the same or different? Is ...3 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Alice S.
Metairie, LA
This is a GREAT day cream. I was thoroughly impressed with it's ingredients - using this will gently increase turnover while providing light hydration (light enough for all skin types aside from extremely dry). Excellent product.
Alia C.
Rockwood, TN
I LOVE THIS! I switch my moisturizers around pretty frequently but this one is an all time favorite. I have combo/oily skin and appreciate the fact this doesn't make my face feel oily. Highly recommend.
priyam G.
Santa Clara, CA
This moisturiser is god sent for sensitive skin. It is very hydrating without leaving the skin greasy. Almost fragrance free. Leaves a nice rosy glow after a few uses.
Lily L.
Valley Stream, NY
First off I have ver dry skin. I had tried about a year ago to use retin-a. I'm 46 so trying to help not get more wrinkles. When I tried the first time I wasn't moisturizing enough and my skin was a huge mess. This time I said ok I'm going to try again but I'm really going to moisturizer 2 times a days and stay on top of exfoliating. I have used this almost exclusively as my moisturizer since starting back on the retin-a and it is amazing the difference. My skin is soft and not super flaky. I love the way this moisturizer feels. I read a negative comment that it caused sunburn but it clearly says on the package that u should use sun protection. It has alpha hydroxy acid in it. Every product with those tells u to protect from sun because it can make u sensitive. U can't compare this with a product without those ingredients. You should always protect from the sun anyway. I may order the spf 30 one next. Love this stuff
Molly L.
I thought this was a lotion. I had no idea that they used unicorn tears & fairy dust to make it. It literally felt like rubbing magical clouds on my dry, brittle winter skin. It brought my serpent like skin back to life. For one, very brief, very wonderful moment while applying my renewed hope in a jar, I actually felt like my face looked like Jennifer Aniston's. Then I opened me eyes in front of the bathroom mirror & snapped back to reality - (is this why it's "hope" in a jar??). Really, it's ok though, because even though I don't look like her, my skin feels awesome enough to make up for it. Thanks Philosophy!
Kimberly D.
Grand Jct, CO
I am absolutely addicted to this product! I apply every night and wake up with moisturized skin and a fresh face! Something I like about this product is that it doesn't make me break out as some moisturizers tend to do. The scent is clean and light - not overpowering at all! I've noticed some minimal reduction in fine lines as well. Overall a great product! I bought my 4oz jar for about $65 from Ulta. Used daily, this will last me over 6 months easily.
Domynoe L.
Lawrenceville, GA
Love this moisturizer! I tried it as a sample last year some time, so was surprised when there was some "tackiness" to my skin the first time I used the large jar I purchased. I must have used too much or something because the second time I used it, the tackiness was gone and my skin was soft and smooth. I did dock it a star (I'd have made it only half a star if I could) because the softness is slightly off in my t-zone. It's not quite tacky but not quite smooth either. However, I'm hoping my skin will improve with use, and there's none of the "waxy" feeling the belif moisturizing bomb leaves behind. This one's a keeper. 😊
Daniela D.
Had a tiny sample of this and thoroughly enjoyed it. Got a few more samples from Sephora/Nordstrom to continue trying it before purchasing because it does cost quite a bit. Definitely worth it though. Smells nice and absorbs quick, is light weight and has helped with not only my severely dry skin but also with breakouts. I have had much brighter, clearer skin since using this product daily. I love it. It's refreshing. Availability at Sephora, Ulta, Nordstrom and most stores like that. I pair it with my purity cleanser usually.
Shelby S.
Port Orchard , WA
I originally came across this product from my ipsy subscription. I decided to give the sample a try one morning and absolutely fell in love with it! I was lucky enough to get the full size as a christmas present. The lightweight, whipped formula delivers a long lasting glow while absorbing quickly and goes on so smooth! It's long lasting, moisturizing, not greasy whatsoever and smells wonderful! Leaving my skin feeling softer and softer with every use. I love this moisturizer and would absolutely recommend this to a friend.
Miriam B.
I got the Philosophy Renewed Hope in a jar as part of a holiday set at Sephora last year. I really enjoy trying out new moisturizers, but sadly I was a little underwhelmed with this product. I used the entire jar hoping it would help refine my pores, but all it did was keep my skin moisturized. That being said, it was a great moisturizer so I gave it 4 stars. I was just hoping for more. The product does have a strong medicated smell, but it feels really nice on the skin. I would save your money and try out something that works better.
Brittany G.
What are your thoughts on this product?
Anayely A.
Is this moisturizer good for a normal to oily skin?
Terica A.
Is this a good moisturizer for dry winter skin? Is it hydrating enough without feeling heavy?
Jennifer H.
Compared to the original, is the scent the same or different? Is it stronger, weaker or the same?
Victoria C.
ON, Canada
How does it look under makeup?