BY PHILOSOPHY

philosophy skin labs’ original breakthrough moisturizer is changing the face of skin care again. the revolutionary lightweight, whipped formula of hope in a jar is renewed and infused with a new innovation: clinically proven skin renewal technology. this groundbreaking formulation features a triple blend of alpha hydroxy acids, 3 forms of hyaluronate plus an asian fruit extract, delivering an even longer-lasting glow and continuous hydration benefits. reaffirm your commitment to beautiful skin with renewed hope and face the future with a whole new outlook.

• Is this moisturizer good for a normal to oily skin? 4 Answers
  • How much is the big jar of this and is it worth it to pay that much?3 Answers
  • Compared to the original, is the scent the same or different? Is ...3 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Carrie C.
Haddon Twp, NJ
If your a big fan of the philosophy original hope in a jar, but not a fan of the smell or texture then this product is a must have for you. Similar to the original hope in a jar as far as results go, but it is more of your average cream lotion as opposed to the whipped light texture of the original HIAJ. The scent is much more pleasing to the nose as well. It is a light florally spa like scent that diminishes as soon as you massage it in. Even my boyfriend is obsessed with the scent. The moisturizer itself gives amazing results, not only is it hydrating but it is packed with AHA acids that help lift dead skin off the skins surface giving you a much more clear and radiant complexion. I use this moisturizer in the morning about 5 minutes before my primer and foundation and it is all nice and soaked in by that time. This is perfect for all skin types, but since I'm severely dry i use a richer moisturizer in the night time. Philosophy just came out with the renewed HIAJ night cream and these two paired together are a dream.
Katie W.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is by far my favorite moisturizer I have ever used! My only complaint is the price but if you what for a combo pack with purity or something it takes the price down a little bit. I have very acne prone skin and this is one of the few moisturizers I can use without I breaking me out.
Erin S.
Murfreesboro, TN
I love this moisturizer! It leaves my skin feeling great but isn't too heavy. I am prone to the occasional pimple or two, but also get very dry especially is the cheek area. This combats my dryness but doesn't cause me to break out.
Abbie G.
HOLY GRAIL MOISTURIZER RIGHT HERE!!!!! I have fallen in LOVE with the Renewed Hope Moisturizer from philosophy. The only flaw is that it is in a jar (which tends to be unsanitary after sticking your fingers in it again and again) I have dry, sensitive eczema prone skin and this product has made it all disappear. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!
Ash M.
I love this stuff. I bought it to use as a facial moisturizer, and I love it. It's gentle enough to not irritate my sensitive eyes but still gets the job done. It's not too heavy, and it's even better than the regular Hope in a Jar in my opinion. I go back and forth between this and First Aid Beauty's repair moisturizer when i need something heavier.
Ken R.
Honolulu, HI
Hope in a Jar gives me so much hope! Not only does it moisturize my face well, it came in a cute travel size package that I took on trips a lot. A must have if you're a travel bug like me. Like other Philosophy products it leans on the pricier side but it's worth it!
Elizabeth L.
Smells great and is very light weight. I love using it with my bb cream, it feels so oil free. I do not really believe that it does anything other than moisturizing
Niko W.
Atlanta, GA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Best mositizer in a jar! Philosophy is an amazing brand to find anything to meet your concerns in life and skincare. Check out your local Sephora or Sephora in JCPennies
Meagan B.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I absolutely love this! I applied for a few samples online from Philosophy and love both! this one is a tiny bit richer than the gel one but they are both easily absorbed and wonderfully scented! I would recommend to anyone I know especially someone who doesn't like heavy moisturizers!
Jennifer M.
It is creamy but not greasy - I tap it under my eyes lightly and it soaks right in. Has definitely helped with my smile lines and under eye lines - it also helps my concealer glide right on and not crease. The only con is the packaging. Products with jars lose their effective ingradients quicker.
Brittany G.
What are your thoughts on this product?
Terica A.
Is this a good moisturizer for dry winter skin? Is it hydrating enough without feeling heavy?
Anayely A.
Is this moisturizer good for a normal to oily skin?
Jennifer H.
Compared to the original, is the scent the same or different? Is it stronger, weaker or the same?
Victoria C.
ON, Canada
How does it look under makeup?