BY PHILOSOPHY

philosophy skin labs’ original breakthrough moisturizer is changing the face of skin care again. the revolutionary lightweight, whipped formula of hope in a jar is renewed and infused with a new innovation: clinically proven skin renewal technology. this groundbreaking formulation features a triple blend of alpha hydroxy acids, 3 forms of hyaluronate plus an asian fruit extract, delivering an even longer-lasting glow and continuous hydration benefits. reaffirm your commitment to beautiful skin with renewed hope and face the future with a whole new outlook.

• How much is the big jar of this and is it worth it to pay that much?3 Answers
  • Compared to the original, is the scent the same or different? Is ...2 Answers
  • is it good for oily skin?1 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Kristina J.
Kristina J.
Atlanta, GA
I am such a lover of Philosophy products!!! They are very high quality while still being affordable. I use this moisturizer in the morning every morning and I am in love. Its super soothing on my very dry skin, and leaves a soft glow after every use. You can get the big jar (4oz) at sephora for 72$ - I know that sounds expensive but when I am telling you this product will last you 5+ months it is worth it.
Audrey S.
Audrey S.
Woolwich, ME
HOLY GRAIL PRODUCT. This facial lotion is EVERYTHING to me. It is so luxurious and it compliments its other products in the line. I buy it from Sephora or Ulta, and the full sized jar lasts me about 2 months. I always end up repurchasing, even though I like to test others out. My skin just loves this product so much. It doesn't leave my skin oily and I feel like it has helped with my acne/ scarring.
Breyonna S.
Breyonna S.
There is nothing wrong with Philosophy Renewed hope in a jar but I was not impressed by it. I have other skin care creams that I use that I prefer. The texture of it was a lotion and it sinks into the skin right away. It smelled good. It worked fine and it did not leave my face feeling greasy. I also did not break out from it. For the price I have other things I prefer.
Charlotte T.
Charlotte T.
Columbus, OH
I have extremely dry skin and initially I bought it because it felt light and nice on my skin. But that was only right after application; when I apply this onto my face at night, my skin feels dry again even just an hour after. This probably isn't the version for dry skin. Nice lightweight product but definitely would not recommend for people with dry to very dry skin.
Martha L.
Martha L.
COLUMBIA, SC
I've always been bad about moisturizing because I was never overly pleased with many of the formulas. But now that I've used Philosophy's Hope in a Jar, I moisturize daily. I especially like how fast this absorbs, how light it feels, how well it moisturizes, and that it doesn't smell overpowering. I use the day time and nighttime lotion. I recommend this to everyone!
Hannah  S.
Hannah S.
This is by far my favorite moisturizer ever. Love how light it feels, but that it does a great job moisturizing my skin. I can use it year round, which is fantastic considering I can be a little oily in the summer and dry in the winter. I've never had a problem with break-outs from this one, either! Paired with Philosophy's Purity face wash and you're good to go! :)
Elizabeth B.
Elizabeth B.
Riverview, FL
HOLY GRAIL PRODUCT. I have tried MANY moisturizers and this is by far my favorite. I will forever have this in my collection. It is definitely pricey but it makes my skin feel and look healthy. If you are interested in trying this I would suggest QVC because they always have specials on it and if you don't like the product you can send it back. Highly recommend.
Ashlyn L.
Ashlyn L.
This is my holy grail moisturizer. It doesn't have a scent, perfectly moisturizes my skin, and I use it twice a day. Once at night after cleansing, and I use it before I apply primer/foundation in the morning. I recommend it to all my friends, male or female. It hasn't left me feeling oily or broken me out, which can be super easy with my sensitive skin.
Kendra L.
Kendra L.
I bought this in a travel size set from Sephora for about $16 and it came with the face wash. I absolutely love using these two items together. This has left my face so much softer and dare I say more supple feeling. I have wrinkles already and it definitely feels like it has hydrated my face and made those lines less noticeable. It smells great as well!
Sade H.
Sade H.
This was my staple moisturizer! I have oily skin for reference. I can't recall the smell because I have switched since then because I am always on the search. But this one did not feel like t dried my skin out or make it feel tight. The price is about the median price you see with skin care now a days. It is definitely something I would purchase again!
Brittany G.
Brittany G.
What are your thoughts on this product?
Anayely A.
Anayely A.
Is this moisturizer good for a normal to oily skin?
Terica A.
Terica A.
Is this a good moisturizer for dry winter skin? Is it hydrating enough without feeling heavy?
Lauren D.
Lauren D.
St Charles, IL
How much is the big jar of this and is it worth it to pay that much?
Victoria C.
Victoria C.
ON, Canada
How does it look under makeup?