BY PHILOSOPHY

philosophy skin labs’ original breakthrough moisturizer is changing the face of skin care again. the revolutionary lightweight, whipped formula of hope in a jar is renewed and infused with a new innovation: clinically proven skin renewal technology. this groundbreaking formulation features a triple blend of alpha hydroxy acids, 3 forms of hyaluronate plus an asian fruit extract, delivering an even longer-lasting glow and continuous hydration benefits. reaffirm your commitment to beautiful skin with renewed hope and face the future with a whole new outlook.

• Is this moisturizer good for a normal to oily skin? 4 Answers
  • How much is the big jar of this and is it worth it to pay that much?3 Answers
  • Compared to the original, is the scent the same or different? Is ...3 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Katie W.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is by far my favorite moisturizer I have ever used! My only complaint is the price but if you what for a combo pack with purity or something it takes the price down a little bit. I have very acne prone skin and this is one of the few moisturizers I can use without I breaking me out.
Lupita S.
Port Arthur, TX
I was looking for the perfect moisturizer and this is it! I absolutely love it! It is very effective. I use it in the mornings after washing my face and it sits perfectly under my makeup. I have oily t-zone and dry around my nose and cheeks so I needed a moisturizer that wouldn't make me look like a grease ball! This is it it make my skin feel and look beautiful! I use it along the renewed hope in a jar night which I also love. These can be purchased at Ulta, or Sephora! The 2oz jar will last you a very long time over 6 months I would say.
Carrie C.
Haddon Twp, NJ
If your a big fan of the philosophy original hope in a jar, but not a fan of the smell or texture then this product is a must have for you. Similar to the original hope in a jar as far as results go, but it is more of your average cream lotion as opposed to the whipped light texture of the original HIAJ. The scent is much more pleasing to the nose as well. It is a light florally spa like scent that diminishes as soon as you massage it in. Even my boyfriend is obsessed with the scent. The moisturizer itself gives amazing results, not only is it hydrating but it is packed with AHA acids that help lift dead skin off the skins surface giving you a much more clear and radiant complexion. I use this moisturizer in the morning about 5 minutes before my primer and foundation and it is all nice and soaked in by that time. This is perfect for all skin types, but since I'm severely dry i use a richer moisturizer in the night time. Philosophy just came out with the renewed HIAJ night cream and these two paired together are a dream.
Nina C.
Madison, AL
I have extremely dry skin and have been looking for a moisturizer that actually moisturizes my skin and doesn't make it oily. This is definitely it! I bought it originally at Sephora and love it! I'm already almost through the jar and bought another at Ulta. Anyone who needs a moisturizer that actually moisturizes but feels lightweight and doesn't leave you oily, and can be worn under makeup, THIS IS IT! I'm a total philosophy convert after using this moisturizer every morning and every night.
Melissa B.
Scottsdale, AZ
While I love philosophy soap- this moisturizer was not for me. It broke me out badly.
Alixandria B.
Tigard, OR
Lightweight, hydrating, and generally felt really nice on my skin! The smell was nice but not overpowering.
Janet S.
Chandler, AZ
Beauty Junkie Expert
I like this moisturize, the smell is my only complain. The texture, and feeling on your skin is great though. Especially the smooth and oil free feeling.
I love this moisturizer. I have combination skin and a lot of the time moisturizers make my skin super oily. This one did not, and my foundation went on great over it. It truly is hope in a jar!
Stacy S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I received a sample of this and think it is a great product. It goes on smoothly, blends in well, and has a great smell. It is a bit on the pricey side though.
Danielle C.
Brook park, OH
Beauty Junkie Expert
I bought this because as I approach 40, my skin has gotten super dry with fine lines. This has completely eliminated the flakey dryness and my fine lines really seem diminished! It's s great emollient moisturizer!
Brittany G.
What are your thoughts on this product?
Terica A.
Is this a good moisturizer for dry winter skin? Is it hydrating enough without feeling heavy?
Anayely A.
Is this moisturizer good for a normal to oily skin?
Jennifer H.
Compared to the original, is the scent the same or different? Is it stronger, weaker or the same?
Victoria C.
ON, Canada
How does it look under makeup?