BY PHILOSOPHY #100 in Facial Moisturizers

philosophy skin labs’ original breakthrough moisturizer is changing the face of skin care again. the revolutionary lightweight, whipped formula of hope in a jar is renewed and infused with a new innovation: clinically proven skin renewal technology. this groundbreaking formulation features a triple blend of alpha hydroxy acids, 3 forms of hyaluronate plus an asian fruit extract, delivering an even longer-lasting glow and continuous hydration benefits. reaffirm your commitment to beautiful skin with renewed hope and face the future with a whole new outlook.

Buy on Sephora*
  • "One word... OBSESSED With this moisturizer!! I have very sensitive and dry/acne prone skin and this balanced my skin. My face feels more smooth and has a youthful glow! " in 52 reviews
  • "I had received a sample of this from Philosophy and fell in love with it the first time I used it! I immediately bought myself a jar. It has a very light scent which I really like and it does a great job of moisturizing my skin!" in 51 reviews
  • "Okay...the cremé de la cremé!!! Can we have a 10 star option for this baby, please!? I don't even know where to start!! I'm so in love with this moisturizer! It's totally transformed my dry skin. I never have to worry about blemishes or it making my skin oily! Granted that would be a upside to my dry skin but even so, who wants an oily glow!!?? Not me that's who!!! Renewed Hope in a Jar has seriously become a staple in my life and I wish I could of found this product sooner!!! Thank you so much Philosophy for making such a wonderful product!! I'd swim in it if I could!!!! Does that make me sound weird? Yes, well, what can I say....that's how much I adore this product. " in 40 reviews
Courtney H.
Altoona, PA
I LOVE this so much. I used the regular Hope In a Jar and in my honest opinion, I felt it smelled like wet dog. I don't know if it was the one I had or what but it's just kinda what I thought. This stuff has a nice and very soft floral scent. It smells lovely. I place it onto my skin and it just smooths my skin out and makes it feel so soft. I just love touching my face because it feels like silk. I think it makes me look much more youthful and gives my skin such a gorgeous glow before putting my makeup on. Love this stuff~!
Ashirleygirl A.
This is very hydrating . I love all of philosophy .. When I use this in bwtn my Normal ritual my skin is very soft the next day and glowing .,smells nice .,I got mine at Sephora . I have on my list the night one . Can't wait to try the two in tandem.
Glides on smooth ; smells great ; very hydrating on skin ; the next day you will defiantly notice.
Kristina J.
Atlanta, GA
I am such a lover of Philosophy products!!! They are very high quality while still being affordable. I use this moisturizer in the morning every morning and I am in love. Its super soothing on my very dry skin, and leaves a soft glow after every use. You can get the big jar (4oz) at sephora for 72$ - I know that sounds expensive but when I am telling you this product will last you 5+ months it is worth it.
Haley L.
New Hampton , IA
This is a great moisturizer. I only tried a sample of it (which lasted quite a long time, a little goes a long way), but it did wonders for my skin in that period of time. I will likely purchase the full sized version of this product. The only reason I did not give it five stars is because I don't love the scent. It is a little much for something that I put on my face.
DeJa R.
I really like this product. I have combination skin. It leaves my skin feeling moisturized but not greasy. I have used as a day and night cream. I purchased from philosophy website. I prefer a moisturizer with SPF so next time I will try the renewed hope in a jar spf. Over all good product for combo skin.
Elizabeth B.
Riverview, FL
HOLY GRAIL PRODUCT. I have tried MANY moisturizers and this is by far my favorite. I will forever have this in my collection. It is definitely pricey but it makes my skin feel and look healthy. If you are interested in trying this I would suggest QVC because they always have specials on it and if you don't like the product you can send it back. Highly recommend.
Hannah  S.
This is by far my favorite moisturizer ever. Love how light it feels, but that it does a great job moisturizing my skin. I can use it year round, which is fantastic considering I can be a little oily in the summer and dry in the winter. I've never had a problem with break-outs from this one, either! Paired with Philosophy's Purity face wash and you're good to go! :)
Ash M.
I love this stuff. I bought it to use as a facial moisturizer, and I love it. It's gentle enough to not irritate my sensitive eyes but still gets the job done. It's not too heavy, and it's even better than the regular Hope in a Jar in my opinion. I go back and forth between this and First Aid Beauty's repair moisturizer when i need something heavier.
Ashlyn L.
This is my holy grail moisturizer. It doesn't have a scent, perfectly moisturizes my skin, and I use it twice a day. Once at night after cleansing, and I use it before I apply primer/foundation in the morning. I recommend it to all my friends, male or female. It hasn't left me feeling oily or broken me out, which can be super easy with my sensitive skin.
Sade H.
This was my staple moisturizer! I have oily skin for reference. I can't recall the smell because I have switched since then because I am always on the search. But this one did not feel like t dried my skin out or make it feel tight. The price is about the median price you see with skin care now a days. It is definitely something I would purchase again!
Brittany G.
What are your thoughts on this product?
Anayely A.
Is this moisturizer good for a normal to oily skin?
Terica A.
Is this a good moisturizer for dry winter skin? Is it hydrating enough without feeling heavy?
Jennifer H.
Compared to the original, is the scent the same or different? Is it stronger, weaker or the same?
Victoria C.
Dundas, ON
How does it look under makeup?