BY PHILOSOPHY

philosophy skin labs’ original breakthrough moisturizer is changing the face of skin care again. the revolutionary lightweight, whipped formula of hope in a jar is renewed and infused with a new innovation: clinically proven skin renewal technology. this groundbreaking formulation features a triple blend of alpha hydroxy acids, 3 forms of hyaluronate plus an asian fruit extract, delivering an even longer-lasting glow and continuous hydration benefits. reaffirm your commitment to beautiful skin with renewed hope and face the future with a whole new outlook.

• I really want to buy a sample of this to test it out befo...1 Answers
  • Is this moisturizer good for a normal to oily skin? 4 Answers
  • How much is the big jar of this and is it worth it to pay...3 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "One word... OBSESSED With this moisturizer!! I have very sensitive and dry/acne prone skin and this balanced my skin. My face feels more smooth and has a youthful glow! " in 52 reviews
  • "I had received a sample of this from Philosophy and fell in love with it the first time I used it! I immediately bought myself a jar. It has a very light scent which I really like and it does a great job of moisturizing my skin!" in 51 reviews
  • "Okay...the cremé de la cremé!!! Can we have a 10 star option for this baby, please!? I don't even know where to start!! I'm so in love with this moisturizer! It's totally transformed my dry skin. I never have to worry about blemishes or it making my skin oily! Granted that would be a upside to my dry skin but even so, who wants an oily glow!!?? Not me that's who!!! Renewed Hope in a Jar has seriously become a staple in my life and I wish I could of found this product sooner!!! Thank you so much Philosophy for making such a wonderful product!! I'd swim in it if I could!!!! Does that make me sound weird? Yes, well, what can I say....that's how much I adore this product. " in 40 reviews
Shelby S.
Port Orchard , WA
I originally came across this product from my ipsy subscription. I decided to give the sample a try one morning and absolutely fell in love with it! I was lucky enough to get the full size as a christmas present. The lightweight, whipped formula delivers a long lasting glow while absorbing quickly and goes on so smooth! It's long lasting, moisturizing, not greasy whatsoever and smells wonderful! Leaving my skin feeling softer and softer with every use. I love this moisturizer and would absolutely recommend this to a friend.
Callie T.
Sioux falls, SD
Finally a moisturizer that helps my dry/combination skin feel and look better! It doesn't leave me greasy throughout the day but gives me enough moisture that I don't get dry either. Even in the high humidity I never get sticky or feel greasy. It doesn't clog my pores or break me out at all. It has a very light scent that doesn't bother me at all. It is pleasant and not overpowering in the slightest. My skin looks visibly improved as well. My pores aren't as large and my skin is so much smoothr since I began using this moisturizer.
Lupita S.
Port Arthur, TX
I was looking for the perfect moisturizer and this is it! I absolutely love it! It is very effective. I use it in the mornings after washing my face and it sits perfectly under my makeup. I have oily t-zone and dry around my nose and cheeks so I needed a moisturizer that wouldn't make me look like a grease ball! This is it it make my skin feel and look beautiful! I use it along the renewed hope in a jar night which I also love. These can be purchased at Ulta, or Sephora! The 2oz jar will last you a very long time over 6 months I would say.
Kelli S.
Amazing stuff!! I have very dry sensitive skin, and this is one of the few moisturizers that don't irritate or burn my face. Honestly, my skin is so sensitive that I'm scared when I try new products. Renewed Hope in a Jar, doesn't break my face out or make it greasy. You can use it before makeup, ohhh and the scent is very subtle and pleasant too! I can't stress enough, that this is one of the best facial moisturizers I've used.
Alexia D.
Los angeles, CA
For me, this face moisturizer did not do what I needed it to. I have dry, sensitive skin and I use retinol every night already, so I didn't need another product to "renew" my skin. Also, I felt it stung my skin when I put it on. If you're looking for something to JUST moisturizer, I would go with their original formula. If you are looking for something to "peel away" the old layers of skin, this might be for you.
Martha L.
Columbia, SC
I've always been bad about moisturizing because I was never overly pleased with many of the formulas. But now that I've used Philosophy's Hope in a Jar, I moisturize daily. I especially like how fast this absorbs, how light it feels, how well it moisturizes, and that it doesn't smell overpowering. I use the day time and nighttime lotion. I recommend this to everyone!
Megan C.
Mesa, AZ
This moisturizer is amazing. After just one use I noticed that my skin was no longer dry and patchy. It really does make my skin feel moisturized. This also has an AMAZING scent, it leaves my skin smelling so fresh but not overwhelming. I highly recommend trying the travel size if you are sceptical, that's what I did and after a week of using the Purity face wash and this moisturizer while travelling, I went and purchased the full size!
Kay C.
Branford, CT
I do not recommend it for oily/combination skin. I really liked this product as it has spf and have had such great reviews. However for the price I did not think it had enough beneficial contents for my skin. It says it helps with texture of skin but after using this product for 5 weeks I did not notice any difference. I think the only aspect this product is good for is the sunscreen, which you can get for a much better price anywhere else. This product left my skin feeling greasy and I had to wear a mattifying foundation powder on top to hide the greasy look. Really tried to like the product. Not worth the price!
Samantha S.
Norwalk, OH
I absolutely love this moisturizer!! Especially now in the winter my face gets extremely dry, I have been looking for a good face moisturizer that isn't super heavy and makes your face look greasy. This one is perfect, its very light weight and really adds some moisture to your face. I put it on at night after I wash my face, and I apply it under neath my makeup.
Valerie P.
After having kids my skin changed drasticlu from oily/combo to severely dry (yay hormones!). I also suffer from hormonal acne linked with my cycle. This is the first facial moisturizer that I've used that didn't make me break out to make my face become a complete oil slick.

Only a little is needed. It soaks up evenly and quickly, without leaving a greasy/sticky feeling afterward. The scent is fresh and light, not overpowering. I highly recommend this to all my friends and family members when the topic of moisturizers arises.
Brittany G.
What are your thoughts on this product?
Anayely A.
Is this moisturizer good for a normal to oily skin?
Terica A.
Is this a good moisturizer for dry winter skin? Is it hydrating enough without feeling heavy?
Jennifer H.
Compared to the original, is the scent the same or different? Is it stronger, weaker or the same?
Victoria C.
Dundas, ON
How does it look under makeup?