BY PHILOSOPHY

philosophy skin labs’ original breakthrough moisturizer is changing the face of skin care again. the revolutionary lightweight, whipped formula of hope in a jar is renewed and infused with a new innovation: clinically proven skin renewal technology. this groundbreaking formulation features a triple blend of alpha hydroxy acids, 3 forms of hyaluronate plus an asian fruit extract, delivering an even longer-lasting glow and continuous hydration benefits. reaffirm your commitment to beautiful skin with renewed hope and face the future with a whole new outlook.

• How much is the big jar of this and is it worth it to pay that much?3 Answers
  • Compared to the original, is the scent the same or different? Is ...2 Answers
  • is it good for oily skin?1 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Kimberly D.
Kimberly D.
Grand Jct, CO
I am absolutely addicted to this product! I apply every night and wake up with moisturized skin and a fresh face! Something I like about this product is that it doesn't make me break out as some moisturizers tend to do. The scent is clean and light - not overpowering at all! I've noticed some minimal reduction in fine lines as well. Overall a great product! I bought my 4oz jar for about $65 from Ulta. Used daily, this will last me over 6 months easily.
Phoenix , AZ
LOVE! I've bought this moisturizer at least four different times and I don't plan to stop buying it! It feels so light and gentle on my skin and it smells so fresh! I have very sensitive skin and I have a hard time finding a moisturizer that does not make my breakouts worse. This moisturizer kept my face soft, hydrated and did not cause me to break out more. It may be a little pricey but it's worth every penny in my opinion.
Amanda M.
Amanda M.
I recently purchased this moisturizer because it was on sale at ulta and I am loving it. It is a thicker consistency and I have just been using it at night for that reason. It is oil free which I prefer because I have oily skin. This has left my face feeling so soft and moisturized, more than any other moisturizer, Im excited to see the long term effects. The only thing I dont love is the scent but I can deal with it
kelly p.
kelly p.
queen creek, AZ
I am such a lover of Philosophy products!!! They are very high quality while still being affordable. I use this moisturizer in the morning every morning and I am in love. Its super soothing on my very dry skin, and leaves a soft glow after every use. You can get the big jar (4oz) at sephora for 72$ - I know that sounds expensive but when I am telling you this product will last you 5+ months it is worth it.
Jaimee S.
Jaimee S.
I LOVE Philosophy and have been using their Renewed Hope in a Jar for about a year and a half consistently. I always buy from Ulta since they usually have gifts with purchase lol (who doesn't like free stuff?!). Anyways, this moisturizer is very light and leaves my skin feeling instantly softer. I use it in the morning and at night and started noticing improvements to my sensitive/dry skin within a week of first using it. I absolutely recommend :]
Nayelli C.
Nayelli C.
Woonsocket, RI
I like this product but I don't love it like I like the original hope in a jar. The original hope in a jar felt like jellified water on my face but the smell of plants bothered my husband. I didn't mind it after awhile because I love the feeling of that moisturizer. The renewed hope in a jar doesn't have that smell, in fact it smells pleasent. The formula is definitely different it feels like a moisturizer like other moisturizers I've tried. I love the benefits that it has but I won't purchase it as often but I'll still purchase sometimes. Also there's no SPF which is a bummer so I use a different one by Origins.
Mariah M.
Mariah M.
This is a great universal moisturizer for all skin types. I used the orginal Hope In A Jar for years until they came out with the "renewed" version. It's a very light weight moisturizer that sits wonderfully under makeup. It's not greasy at all. The smell is not my favorite to be honest, but I have over looked it because it's a great "never let you down" kind of product.
Josie K.
Josie K.
Benton, AR
Hello happiness. I have combination skin that during the winter waivers on the side of dry. This product while a bit pricey for the amount gave me so much of what I was looking for. It gives me an evened balance of moisture on this skin without excessively oiling me up for the day. Looks great under makeup. I would recommend investing in a heavier cream for over night creams, but this is certainly great for day-wear.
vanessa r.
vanessa r.
I remember receiving this as a gift along with the face wash/ make up remover. I never used to put lotion or moisturizer on my face because it would always make my pores feel clogged or like it was heavy. When I first tried it, it applied very lightly and didn't feel heavy at all. After using it for a month my face started to break out and the product didn't feel as light anymore.
Ruthe T.
Ruthe T.
Colorado Spgs, CO
I loved the Philosophy Renewed Hope in a jar cream. I got the 2 oz first because it was less expensive and i wanted to try it first! Well safe to say i fell in love with it and of course purchased the regular size jar of it! Its so amazing it smells clean and hydrates my skin nicely!
Brittany G.
What are your thoughts on this product?
Anayely A.
Anayely A.
Is this moisturizer good for a normal to oily skin?
Terica A.
Terica A.
Is this a good moisturizer for dry winter skin? Is it hydrating enough without feeling heavy?
Lauren D.
Lauren D.
St Charles, IL
How much is the big jar of this and is it worth it to pay that much?
Victoria C.
Victoria C.
ON, Canada
How does it look under makeup?