BY PHILOSOPHY

philosophy skin labs’ original breakthrough moisturizer is changing the face of skin care again. the revolutionary lightweight, whipped formula of hope in a jar is renewed and infused with a new innovation: clinically proven skin renewal technology. this groundbreaking formulation features a triple blend of alpha hydroxy acids, 3 forms of hyaluronate plus an asian fruit extract, delivering an even longer-lasting glow and continuous hydration benefits. reaffirm your commitment to beautiful skin with renewed hope and face the future with a whole new outlook.

• How much is the big jar of this and is it worth it to pay that much?3 Answers
  • Compared to the original, is the scent the same or different? Is ...2 Answers
  • is it good for oily skin?1 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Juliana S.
Juliana S.
BEST omg I love it. But it's quite expensive. It makes my skin feel wonderful!
Pamela G.
Pamela G.
Okay...the cremé de la cremé!!! Can we have a 10 star option for this baby, please!? I don't even know where to start!! I'm so in love with this moisturizer! It's totally transformed my dry skin. I never have to worry about blemishes or it making my skin oily! Granted that would be a upside to my dry skin but even so, who wants an oily glow!!?? Not me that's who!!! Renewed Hope in a Jar has seriously become a staple in my life and I wish I could of found this product sooner!!! Thank you so much Philosophy for making such a wonderful product!! I'd swim in it if I could!!!! Does that make me sound weird? Yes, well, what can I say....that's how much I adore this product.
Cynthia W.
Cynthia W.
IRVING, TX
I never thought that I would part with my Hope in a Jar until I received a sample of Renewed Hope. I am on my second jar, this time in a 4 ounce size. The texture is light and airy, it is super moisturizing but never greasy. It is so easily absorbed, my skin just drinks it up. My skin is fairly sensitive and prone to break-outs, I have absolutely no issues with this product. I find the fragrance to be very pleasant but a little strong . If you are sensitive to fragrance I would suggest you steer clear of this one. I find that this has minimized my pores or at least it looks that way! I wouldn't be without Renewed Hope.
Lily L.
Lily L.
Valley Stream, NY
First off I have ver dry skin. I had tried about a year ago to use retin-a. I'm 46 so trying to help not get more wrinkles. When I tried the first time I wasn't moisturizing enough and my skin was a huge mess. This time I said ok I'm going to try again but I'm really going to moisturizer 2 times a days and stay on top of exfoliating. I have used this almost exclusively as my moisturizer since starting back on the retin-a and it is amazing the difference. My skin is soft and not super flaky. I love the way this moisturizer feels. I read a negative comment that it caused sunburn but it clearly says on the package that u should use sun protection. It has alpha hydroxy acid in it. Every product with those tells u to protect from sun because it can make u sensitive. U can't compare this with a product without those ingredients. You should always protect from the sun anyway. I may order the spf 30 one next. Love this stuff
Daniela D.
Daniela D.
Had a tiny sample of this and thoroughly enjoyed it. Got a few more samples from Sephora/Nordstrom to continue trying it before purchasing because it does cost quite a bit. Definitely worth it though. Smells nice and absorbs quick, is light weight and has helped with not only my severely dry skin but also with breakouts. I have had much brighter, clearer skin since using this product daily. I love it. It's refreshing. Availability at Sephora, Ulta, Nordstrom and most stores like that. I pair it with my purity cleanser usually.
Shelby S.
Shelby S.
Port Orchard, WA
I originally came across this product from my ipsy subscription. I decided to give the sample a try one morning and absolutely fell in love with it! I was lucky enough to get the full size as a christmas present. The lightweight, whipped formula delivers a long lasting glow while absorbing quickly and goes on so smooth! It's long lasting, moisturizing, not greasy whatsoever and smells wonderful! Leaving my skin feeling softer and softer with every use. I love this moisturizer and would absolutely recommend this to a friend.
Miriam B.
Miriam B.
I got the Philosophy Renewed Hope in a jar as part of a holiday set at Sephora last year. I really enjoy trying out new moisturizers, but sadly I was a little underwhelmed with this product. I used the entire jar hoping it would help refine my pores, but all it did was keep my skin moisturized. That being said, it was a great moisturizer so I gave it 4 stars. I was just hoping for more. The product does have a strong medicated smell, but it feels really nice on the skin. I would save your money and try out something that works better.
Nikki G.
Nikki G.
Winona, MO
This moisturizer is one of the best moisturizers out there.

I purchased it from ULTA. I was in urgent need of a moisturizer as every kind I had used made me super oily. I have combo skin. I picked this one up hoping and praying it didn't suck.

To my surprise it did not! It smells really pretty, it's a light floral scent. I was worried with it being floral it would irritate my skin as it is very sensitive but it did not! Score!

Next I noticed that it did moisturizer but did not leave it feeling greasy or even my fingers greasy! Which is a blessing! I use it at night and my face loves it! I am so happy I purchased it!
Erin E.
Erin E.
I absolutely love this moisturizer. I use it daily after cleansing with Purity by Philosophy. My face and neck have never felt softer. I look forward to washing my face every morning and night because I know how beautiful my skin will look when I do. This moisturizer isn't greasy. It absorbs well and doesn't make my skin oily. It doesn't interfere with my makeup routine. I apply this moisturizer after a serum and my eye cream, then I apply my primer. I can use a liquid foundation and not have to worry about it running all over my face or being uneven, as is the case with other moisturizers that don't absorb well.
Domynoe L.
Domynoe L.
Lawrenceville
Love this moisturizer! I tried it as a sample last year some time, so was surprised when there was some "tackiness" to my skin the first time I used the large jar I purchased. I must have used too much or something because the second time I used it, the tackiness was gone and my skin was soft and smooth. I did dock it a star (I'd have made it only half a star if I could) because the softness is slightly off in my t-zone. It's not quite tacky but not quite smooth either. However, I'm hoping my skin will improve with use, and there's none of the "waxy" feeling the belif moisturizing bomb leaves behind. This one's a keeper. 😊
Brittany G.
Brittany G.
What are your thoughts on this product?
Anayely A.
Anayely A.
Is this moisturizer good for a normal to oily skin?
Terica A.
Terica A.
Is this a good moisturizer for dry winter skin? Is it hydrating enough without feeling heavy?
Lauren D.
Lauren D.
St Charles, IL
How much is the big jar of this and is it worth it to pay that much?
Victoria C.
Victoria C.
ON, Canada
How does it look under makeup?