BY PHILOSOPHY #87 in Facial Moisturizers

philosophy skin labs’ original breakthrough moisturizer is changing the face of skin care again. the revolutionary lightweight, whipped formula of hope in a jar is renewed and infused with a new innovation: clinically proven skin renewal technology. this groundbreaking formulation features a triple blend of alpha hydroxy acids, 3 forms of hyaluronate plus an asian fruit extract, delivering an even longer-lasting glow and continuous hydration benefits. reaffirm your commitment to beautiful skin with renewed hope and face the future with a whole new outlook.

• Is this moisturizer good for a normal to oily skin? 4 Answers
  • How much is the big jar of this and is it worth it to pay that much?3 Answers
  • Compared to the original, is the scent the same or different? Is ...3 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "One word... OBSESSED With this moisturizer!! I have very sensitive and dry/acne prone skin and this balanced my skin. My face feels more smooth and has a youthful glow! " in 52 reviews
  • "I had received a sample of this from Philosophy and fell in love with it the first time I used it! I immediately bought myself a jar. It has a very light scent which I really like and it does a great job of moisturizing my skin!" in 51 reviews
  • "Okay...the cremé de la cremé!!! Can we have a 10 star option for this baby, please!? I don't even know where to start!! I'm so in love with this moisturizer! It's totally transformed my dry skin. I never have to worry about blemishes or it making my skin oily! Granted that would be a upside to my dry skin but even so, who wants an oily glow!!?? Not me that's who!!! Renewed Hope in a Jar has seriously become a staple in my life and I wish I could of found this product sooner!!! Thank you so much Philosophy for making such a wonderful product!! I'd swim in it if I could!!!! Does that make me sound weird? Yes, well, what can I say....that's how much I adore this product. " in 40 reviews
Baleigh C.
Oregon, OH
This is a great moisturizer. It keeps my skin hydrated and it's very gentle on the skin. I'm a repeated user and I usually get mine from ulta. It's kind of expensive but it's worth it. It has nice packaging and feels great on the skin
Jessica T.
Modesto, CA
I spent years looking for a moisturizer that wouldn't freak my skin out or leave it greasy. I tried a sample of this from Sephora. The next day I went back and bought a large jar and I haven't turned back since. This stuff is magic.
Brianna N.
So I have a very dry face and a semi oily t zone and I'm always scared to use a moisturizer because I'm scared it will break me out. I have read some reviews and decided to buy a sample size jar ($16.00 from ulta for .5 fl oz) and I LOVE IT!!! It makes my skin have a beautiful glow and makes my face feel so smooth. I've only used it a few days and so far I have not broken out using it. I will try it for another week or two and if it is still doing awesome then I will probably buy the full sized jar. So far I would recommend this to anyone with dry skin. It works wonders. It's like giving your skin a drink of water and it smells good too.
Jillian R.
Great moisturizer! Does not make your skin oily. The packaging is simple yet classic. The product it's self is great. As much as I enjoy this product I do feel that you can get the same effect from a drug store moisturizer...
Sammy B.
I love this moisturizer it quickly became apart of my daily nighttime skincare routine after trying a sample. It makes my skin feel soft and hydrated when I wake up in the morning. I purchased my jar from my local Sephora.
Alma C.
La Mesa, CA
Love this product but am not a huge fan of the price. This moisturizer leaves my skin feeling soft and hydrated and when it's used in my routine my make up goes on flawlessly and I don't get any dryness throughout the day
Kursten S.
Oh my.. this product keeps my under eyes very hydrated in the summer time! I have very dry skin so this keeps my skins fresh almost. It's not too pricey but a little does go a long way! I would defiantly repurchase it.
Chandria B.
Huntington, WV
Because it's winter, my skin was super dry and pitiful so I thought I would try out a sample of this I received. From one use I was blown away. My face went from the dry and rough feeling that comes with being wind chapped to smooth, supple, and soft. It has no odor, it blends onto the skin easily, and it sinks in quickly leaving glorious skin that you immediately are impressed by. It's not heavy and doesn't leave any residue behind to clog your pores. Amazing product.

The only downside? The alpha hydroxy acid was too much for my skin and made it red and hot and angry. How do I know it was this? It was the only thing new in my routine and happened about 5-10 minutes after applying.

Therefore will not repurchase but I'm very sad about it because I really loved the product and highly recommend to someone with less sensitive skin.
Nicole Z.
Lewis Center, OH
My holy grail night time moisturizer. It’s one of the few moisturizers that actually softens my skin and doesn’t dry tacky or greasy. It makes my skin so soft. The added AHAs eliminates a step from my routine too.
Marissa O.
Creekside, PA
I like this but I definitely think it's an overnight type of moisturizer, or on days you're not wearing makeup and just relaxing around the house for oily skin/combo. After about an hour of wear it tends to feel and look oily. However I really do enjoy how moisturizing it is and that it seems soothing. As well as including AHAs at ph level and the antioxidants that make up this product. However being in a jar, and exposing the product to oxygen you have to use this up quickly otherwise it loses the what makes this product so great. And if they could do away with the fragrances that would be good. They hold no benefit to the skin. I received this as a sample with my Sephora points. I'm considering repurchasing but haven't decided as I'd prefer something not in a jar.
Brittany G.
What are your thoughts on this product?
Anayely A.
Is this moisturizer good for a normal to oily skin?
Terica A.
Is this a good moisturizer for dry winter skin? Is it hydrating enough without feeling heavy?
Jennifer H.
Compared to the original, is the scent the same or different? Is it stronger, weaker or the same?
Victoria C.
ON, Canada
How does it look under makeup?