BY PHILOSOPHY

philosophy skin labs’ original breakthrough moisturizer is changing the face of skin care again. the revolutionary lightweight, whipped formula of hope in a jar is renewed and infused with a new innovation: clinically proven skin renewal technology. this groundbreaking formulation features a triple blend of alpha hydroxy acids, 3 forms of hyaluronate plus an asian fruit extract, delivering an even longer-lasting glow and continuous hydration benefits. reaffirm your commitment to beautiful skin with renewed hope and face the future with a whole new outlook.

• How much is the big jar of this and is it worth it to pay that much?3 Answers
  • Compared to the original, is the scent the same or different? Is ...2 Answers
  • is it good for oily skin?1 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Marissa O.
Marissa O.
Creekside, PA
I like this but I definitely think it's an overnight type of moisturizer, or on days you're not wearing makeup and just relaxing around the house for oily skin/combo. After about an hour of wear it tends to feel and look oily. However I really do enjoy how moisturizing it is and that it seems soothing. As well as including AHAs at ph level and the antioxidants that make up this product. However being in a jar, and exposing the product to oxygen you have to use this up quickly otherwise it loses the what makes this product so great. And if they could do away with the fragrances that would be good. They hold no benefit to the skin. I received this as a sample with my Sephora points. I'm considering repurchasing but haven't decided as I'd prefer something not in a jar.
Brianna N.
Brianna N.
So I have a very dry face and a semi oily t zone and I'm always scared to use a moisturizer because I'm scared it will break me out. I have read some reviews and decided to buy a sample size jar ($16.00 from ulta for .5 fl oz) and I LOVE IT!!! It makes my skin have a beautiful glow and makes my face feel so smooth. I've only used it a few days and so far I have not broken out using it. I will try it for another week or two and if it is still doing awesome then I will probably buy the full sized jar. So far I would recommend this to anyone with dry skin. It works wonders. It's like giving your skin a drink of water and it smells good too.
Amy T.
Amy T.
Reisterstown, MD
My number 1 Fav moisturizer. I tried it when it first came out and i haven't been without it since. This is a great moisturizer for normal, oily and or combination skin. it hydrates without leaving your skin feeling oily or sticky and it absorbs very quick. it may not be as great for extremely dry skin but you can always give it a try. it also smells really great yet not to over powering and it doesn't clog pores or cause break outs well for me it doesn't :) Great product. a little expensive but a little goes a long way. It also comes in a smaller size if you just wanna test it out for a few weeks without making a huge commitment.
Lupita S.
Lupita S.
Port Arthur, TX
I was looking for the perfect moisturizer and this is it! I absolutely love it! It is very effective. I use it in the mornings after washing my face and it sits perfectly under my makeup. I have oily t-zone and dry around my nose and cheeks so I needed a moisturizer that wouldn't make me look like a grease ball! This is it it make my skin feel and look beautiful! I use it along the renewed hope in a jar night which I also love. These can be purchased at Ulta, or Sephora! The 2oz jar will last you a very long time over 6 months I would say.
Callie T.
Callie T.
Sioux falls, SD
Finally a moisturizer that helps my dry/combination skin feel and look better! It doesn't leave me greasy throughout the day but gives me enough moisture that I don't get dry either. Even in the high humidity I never get sticky or feel greasy. It doesn't clog my pores or break me out at all. It has a very light scent that doesn't bother me at all. It is pleasant and not overpowering in the slightest. My skin looks visibly improved as well. My pores aren't as large and my skin is so much smoothr since I began using this moisturizer.
Gabriela C.
Gabriela C.
Hialeah, FL
Totally worth the money! This is by far the best moisturizer I've ever used. I bought it at Sephora because my usual moisturizer just wasn't working for me anymore. It's super lightweight, smells amazing, and it makes your skin feel smooth without making it feel oily or like if you have a lot of moisturizer on. I was using Clinique but this got me right away! And if you sign up on their website (philosophy.com) they usually have lots of great sales going on. (Like BOGO free which I used to buy the night & day moisturizer.)
jennifer s.
jennifer s.
Melbourne, FL
I can not say that I love this enough! I love that this is so light, but really does give my skin a moisturized feeling all day long. i have tried a lot of moisturizers that are either too think, or leave you still feeling dry. Not this one! I have gone through multiple jars of this and cant get enough. While Philosophy can be a little pricey at times, I try to buy my stuff in sets to save some money. It is well worth the price.
Kelli S.
Kelli S.
Amazing stuff!! I have very dry sensitive skin, and this is one of the few moisturizers that don't irritate or burn my face. Honestly, my skin is so sensitive that I'm scared when I try new products. Renewed Hope in a Jar, doesn't break my face out or make it greasy. You can use it before makeup, ohhh and the scent is very subtle and pleasant too! I can't stress enough, that this is one of the best facial moisturizers I've used.
Alexia D.
Alexia D.
Los angeles, CA
For me, this face moisturizer did not do what I needed it to. I have dry, sensitive skin and I use retinol every night already, so I didn't need another product to "renew" my skin. Also, I felt it stung my skin when I put it on. If you're looking for something to JUST moisturizer, I would go with their original formula. If you are looking for something to "peel away" the old layers of skin, this might be for you.
Allie H.
Allie H.
Washington, DC
What an amazing product. I started using it when my friend Hope recommended it. I fell in love! Right know the travel size - usually $16.00 - is only $12.00 at Sephora if you go to their sale section online and buy the "ornament" version from the holiday release. Don't hesitate to try it out! $12 for .5oz is just as good of a deal as the $47 for 2oz. and $12 is certainly worth it to find your holy grail product.
Brittany G.
Brittany G.
What are your thoughts on this product?
Anayely A.
Anayely A.
Is this moisturizer good for a normal to oily skin?
Terica A.
Terica A.
Is this a good moisturizer for dry winter skin? Is it hydrating enough without feeling heavy?
Lauren D.
Lauren D.
St Charles, IL
How much is the big jar of this and is it worth it to pay that much?
Victoria C.
Victoria C.
ON, Canada
How does it look under makeup?