BY PHILOSOPHY

philosophy skin labs’ original breakthrough moisturizer is changing the face of skin care again. the revolutionary lightweight, whipped formula of hope in a jar is renewed and infused with a new innovation: clinically proven skin renewal technology. this groundbreaking formulation features a triple blend of alpha hydroxy acids, 3 forms of hyaluronate plus an asian fruit extract, delivering an even longer-lasting glow and continuous hydration benefits. reaffirm your commitment to beautiful skin with renewed hope and face the future with a whole new outlook.

• I really want to buy a sample of this to test it out befo...1 Answers
  • Is this moisturizer good for a normal to oily skin? 4 Answers
  • How much is the big jar of this and is it worth it to pay...3 Answers
Buy on Sephora
  • "One word... OBSESSED With this moisturizer!! I have very sensitive and dry/acne prone skin and this balanced my skin. My face feels more smooth and has a youthful glow! " in 52 reviews
  • "I had received a sample of this from Philosophy and fell in love with it the first time I used it! I immediately bought myself a jar. It has a very light scent which I really like and it does a great job of moisturizing my skin!" in 51 reviews
  • "Okay...the cremé de la cremé!!! Can we have a 10 star option for this baby, please!? I don't even know where to start!! I'm so in love with this moisturizer! It's totally transformed my dry skin. I never have to worry about blemishes or it making my skin oily! Granted that would be a upside to my dry skin but even so, who wants an oily glow!!?? Not me that's who!!! Renewed Hope in a Jar has seriously become a staple in my life and I wish I could of found this product sooner!!! Thank you so much Philosophy for making such a wonderful product!! I'd swim in it if I could!!!! Does that make me sound weird? Yes, well, what can I say....that's how much I adore this product. " in 40 reviews
Jan a.
I buy this at Sephora Las Vegas, I was in need of a small travel size. A lady in the store show me this, I was feeling very exeptical because my skin is very sensitive.
Ones that I try this moisturizer I sow immediately results my skin, my face wasn’t swollen or looking like some products that make my skin plumping, my skin looked fresh and clean.
Being using this for 2 weeks and some of the purple marks from ingrown acne are gone, not even one brake out so that is pretty good for me. Not annoying scent. No grease sensation after a few minutes.
I love it and will buy this again.
Khrystine H.
Mays Landing, NJ
I bought this product a few weeks ago and at first I loved it. It went on smooth and felt so nice and silky on my skin. However now, I’ve been experiencing dryness on my nose and forehead and an irritation on multiple areas of my face. This is the only new product I’ve introduced into my skincare regimen so I know it’s got to be from this. I’ve read other reviews that stated the same issues and said that they used the original Hope in a Jar before and never had issues, so I’m going to try that and hopefully have better results. I have combination skin and this product just isn’t suited for it.
Kimberly K.
Carlisle, PA
I have very dry, very sensitive skin. I've heard nothing but good things about the Philsophy brand. That being said when I put this on my skin it makes my face feel like it's on fire. It burns and it stings. Since it seems to be colorless, I suspect that it's the fragrance that irritates my skin. The reason that I gave it two stars is because once i get past the stinging and burning it is very moisturizing.
Chantal V.
Rio Rancho , NM
I am obsessed with this cream! It is my night cream and I love it so much! It works so well and absorbs into the skin immediately! It has calmed down the redness in my skin and I won’t use another night cream ever again because it is the first thick cream that hasn’t clogged my pores and cause me to break out! Plus you need so little of the cream that a jar of this lasts me 8 months (4 oz).
Genevieve M.
Fort Worth , TX
This moisturizer is so lovely on my face! It definitely makes my skin super soft! It’s not an oily moisturizer either which is always nice. It’s gives me a nice canvas for my face when I’m about to apply my makeup on! Very hydrating on the face! I have so much love for philosophy’s skincare line! philosophy renewed hope in a jar refreshing & refining moisturizer
Thea R.
Meridian , ID
I really like this moisturizer. I have never really been big on moisturizing because I don’t enjoy the sticky feeling afterwards but this product doesn’t do that at all. It has a great smell too. I have had a small jar of this for a while and I am just not out of it. Definitely worth a shot especially when it comes for free with the bottle of philosophy face-wash.
Rachelle B.
This is by far the most AMAZING moisturizer I have ever used! I’ve always had troubled skin, and my skin type is a combination of both oily and dry patches. Especially during the winter time, the skin around my temples, cheekbones and forehead get extremely dry, and I couldn’t find anything (and I mean nothing) to moisturize it. Every time I would put on makeup it was like putting makeup on sandpaper. And then VOILA, this little jar changed my world! I use as both day and night moisturizer, and it doesn’t leave my skin feeling oily like most moisturizers do. It has a lightweight formula and glides on smoothly. Leaves my skin feeling rejuvenated!  philosophy renewed hope in a jar refreshing & refining moisturizer
Erika A.
I really wanted to love this product. It was recommended by a Sephora employee after i let her know that i was looking for something to incorporate into my skin care routine, that would help with breakouts. This stuff broke me out even more! I was extremely disappointed. It did not sink into my skin, just kind of laid on top, blocking my pores.
Sara M.
Oklahoma City, OK
I have used the original Hope in a Jar on and off for several years, and while I like it, it's smell is a bit off putting. It smells kinda like milk that's sat out. So when I saw this at Sephora, and I snatched it up. It has the same great moisturizing of the original without the stank.
Maria M.
Houston
This is a wonderful moisturizer!
It feels so luxurious on the skin!
I have oily skin and this moisturizer work so perfectly for me. It is pricey but I always buy it in a set and get a good deal on it. I defiantly recommend!!
Brittany G.
What are your thoughts on this product?
Anayely A.
Is this moisturizer good for a normal to oily skin?
Terica A.
Is this a good moisturizer for dry winter skin? Is it hydrating enough without feeling heavy?
Jennifer H.
Compared to the original, is the scent the same or different? Is it stronger, weaker or the same?
Victoria C.
Dundas, ON
How does it look under makeup?