BY PHILOSOPHY

philosophy skin labs’ original breakthrough moisturizer is changing the face of skin care again. the revolutionary lightweight, whipped formula of hope in a jar is renewed and infused with a new innovation: clinically proven skin renewal technology. this groundbreaking formulation features a triple blend of alpha hydroxy acids, 3 forms of hyaluronate plus an asian fruit extract, delivering an even longer-lasting glow and continuous hydration benefits. reaffirm your commitment to beautiful skin with renewed hope and face the future with a whole new outlook.

• Is this moisturizer good for a normal to oily skin? 4 Answers
  • How much is the big jar of this and is it worth it to pay that much?3 Answers
  • Compared to the original, is the scent the same or different? Is ...3 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Kimberly K.
Carlisle, PA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have very dry, very sensitive skin. I've heard nothing but good things about the Philsophy brand. That being said when I put this on my skin it makes my face feel like it's on fire. It burns and it stings. Since it seems to be colorless, I suspect that it's the fragrance that irritates my skin. The reason that I gave it two stars is because once i get past the stinging and burning it is very moisturizing.
Genevieve M.
Fort Worth , TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
This moisturizer is so lovely on my face! It definitely makes my skin super soft! It’s not an oily moisturizer either which is always nice. It’s gives me a nice canvas for my face when I’m about to apply my makeup on! Very hydrating on the face! I have so much love for philosophy’s skincare line! philosophy renewed hope in a jar refreshing & refining moisturizer
Domynoe L.
Lawrenceville, GA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Love this moisturizer! I tried it as a sample last year some time, so was surprised when there was some "tackiness" to my skin the first time I used the large jar I purchased. I must have used too much or something because the second time I used it, the tackiness was gone and my skin was soft and smooth. I did dock it a star (I'd have made it only half a star if I could) because the softness is slightly off in my t-zone. It's not quite tacky but not quite smooth either. However, I'm hoping my skin will improve with use, and there's none of the "waxy" feeling the belif moisturizing bomb leaves behind. This one's a keeper. 😊
Kristin V.
Riviera Beach, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have sensitive skin and this does the perfect job of providing moisture without causing me to break out! Not to mention it has 30 SPF so it gives that extra protection for your face and neck! This is a little pricey but it's worth the money - and a great idea of a gift to ask for for any occasion!
🇬🇾ROSE| C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I got the day and night duo . This product does a great job at firming the skin tone. Keep in mind it does not do anything about uneven texture or tone. If you have grown lines or lines on your forehead I would recommend this because you will see a noticeable difference in your skin .
Daphne W.
Beauty Junkie Expert
There is definitely a big difference between this and the regular "Hope in a Jar". This has a more silky feel to it and really soaks and sinks into my skin leaving it feeling buttery soft and smooth, which I really love. I also feel like you get better anti-wrinkle results with this as well. Highly recommend trying!!
Mal M.
Pacific, WA
Kind of pricey but worth it. I use this one my GOOD days. Usually I use a heavy cream because my skin is dry so when my skin feels like it’s pretty moisturized I use this to start my day and it keeps my skin hydrated
Josie K.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Hello happiness. I have combination skin that during the winter waivers on the side of dry. This product while a bit pricey for the amount gave me so much of what I was looking for. It gives me an evened balance of moisture on this skin without excessively oiling me up for the day. Looks great under makeup. I would recommend investing in a heavier cream for over night creams, but this is certainly great for day-wear.
Amanda M.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I recently purchased this moisturizer because it was on sale at ulta and I am loving it. It is a thicker consistency and I have just been using it at night for that reason. It is oil free which I prefer because I have oily skin. This has left my face feeling so soft and moisturized, more than any other moisturizer, Im excited to see the long term effects. The only thing I dont love is the scent but I can deal with it
Makenna N.
Oswego, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
philosophy renewed hope in a jar refreshing & refining moisturizer I got this at Sephora during the Weekly Wow because I ran out of my normal moisturizer. I didn’t think I would love this as much as I do. I can wear this day and night, it keeps my oily skin under control and moisturizes sooo well. A little goes a long way and I will buy this again when I run out for sure!!
Brittany G.
What are your thoughts on this product?
Terica A.
Is this a good moisturizer for dry winter skin? Is it hydrating enough without feeling heavy?
Anayely A.
Is this moisturizer good for a normal to oily skin?
Jennifer H.
Compared to the original, is the scent the same or different? Is it stronger, weaker or the same?
Victoria C.
ON, Canada
How does it look under makeup?