BY PHILOSOPHY

Which skin type is it good for? Normal Oily Combination Dry Sensitive What it is: An ultra-light moisturizer with vitamins, antioxidants, and natural oils. Solutions for: - Dryness - Dullness and uneven texture - Pores If you want to know more & This... see more...

Tiffany O.
New Braunfels, TX
I recently ran out of my tried and true physician formula moisturizer that I've been using for years and was sad to find it was discontinued which put me on the market for something new. I tried a few samples but they either broke me out or or made me super oily or the last dried me out so bad my face literally felt like sandpaper.

I've been a fan of philosophy purity made simple one-step facial cleanser for year now so I was excited to see they had added a moisturizer to the line. I love that this is so gentle on my skin. the scent is mild, which is nice bc fragrance usually breaks me out . My skin is looking so fresh and hydrated. I've noticed a more even skin tone since using as well. My face isn't breaking out and the roughness is gone with my skin being oily. It claims to reduce the side of pores, but I honestly haven't noticed much change, however I've been using Dr. Brandt® pores no more® VACUUM CLEANER® for awhile prior to changing moisturizer so my pores have been much less noticable anyways. It isn't enhancing or enlargening my pores though so that is good. I only wish there was an option with SPF included. Otherwise, it's perfect!
Amberdestiny M.
Fultondale , AL
Perfect way to start your day is with this ultra-light moisturizer. It has essential vitamins, antioxidants,and natural oils for a fresh face that last all day. It claims “This featherweight moisturizer delivers lasting hydration for up to 24 hours, and a radiant, dewy complexion with less-visible pores. It’s perfect for all skin types, even sensitive skin.” And I 100 percent agree and I have only been using this product for about a week, but I am already seeing changes! My skin is much more even, and I love the smell and consistency. It is very light when applied, which works well with my combination skin. Especially with the great value... $25! Will definitely keep using! Keep being you!! ;)
Zaneta O.
Fresh Meadows, NY
I was given a three day sample but actually stretched it out to 6 days. Each packet was enough for me to apply enough for two applications over the course of two days so I used the product enough to formulate a good opinion of it.

It is ultra light and really absorbent. On days where I applied it at night I did not feel like my face was oily when I woke up. Some products don't penetrate as well and I feel like they are sitting on top of my skin as I sleep through the night. It seems like a gel moisturizer and the consistency is similar in thickness and color to Clinique's very different moisturizer which I am a frequent user of. I would say that both products are equally effective in terms of comparison yet I feel like Philosophy's demonstrated some additional effects. For example I feel that the Purity Made Simpler moisturizer improved the texture of my skin and provided firmness. It's far more than just a moisturizer to relieve dry skin. The product also mentions that it will shrink pores but I did not see any noticeable difference when it comes to that which is definitely one of my problem areas hence I deducted one star from my review. Overall I feel it's still a good product and a decent value for the price.

I got the hookup to try this product as I was mailed a sample by Allure Magazines sampling program. I am not required to leave a review or otherwise and I have no incentive for doing so and my review is 100% honest.
Denise H.
Wilmington , NC
I received this in a Sephora Play box and have used it a couple times. In my opinion its just ok. I don’t like the scent of this or of the Purity cleanser. To me they smell like chemical infused lemons and I usually don’t mind strong fragrances in skincare.
I also am not too keen on how it feels on my combination skin. It feels greasy after a while of wear and I usually like a moisturizing but soft feel with moisturizers.
Sarah L.
Indianapolis
I think that I’m actually in love with this moisturizer. This was the first product I tried from Philosophy’s purity line and now I’m hooked. My skin is dewy, plump, and clearer than ever when I use this moisturizer. Not to mention my pores have shrunk SIGNIFICANTLY, so much that I don’t have to use pore filling primer anymore. I use this in the morning and at night, it’s super hydrating but light and makeup applies beautifully over top. Plus this moisturizer is a steal for only $25!
Trang T.
Jasper, AL
I bought this in March hoping for something lightweight for the summer and it did exactly just that. I have oily skin so I don’t want anything to heavy for the summer unless I want to look like a disco ball. It look good under my makeup and seems to be moisturizing for all day wear. It sink into the skin pretty well leaving no greasy feel, which I hate. There is no smell to it, and a little goes a long way. It’s August now and I am only half way finished with the bottle.
Tamara F.
Horrible. So much extra ingredients that aren’t needed. It’s priced excellently and have always loved Philosophy’s packaging. But this was such a disappointment. My skin seemed to produce more oil than usual, became extremely irritated and my pores were huge. I returned it. Back to using FIRST AID BEAUTY Ultra Repair Cream at night and just The Ordinary Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate Solution 10% 30ml before sunscreen. Do not purchase this. It’s not worth it even with the great price.
Victoria Z.
BROOKLYN, NY
While the smell was jarring, it reminded me of hair dye (not the bleach but the actual color with the ammonia--the smell was of ammonia), the product itself was pretty good. It kept my face moisturized  and was gentle on my sensitive skin. Unlike other moisturizers it didn't feel like I had cream on at all!

I'm not sure why it smells like ammonia though. It could also do with some spf, but aside from that this is pretty great for the price!
Jasmin B.
I love how this moisturizer comes in a bottle (so much more hygienic than dipping fingers in a container). It almost has no scent, which I always appreciate because my skin reacts very negatively towards fragrances. Very lightweight, yet great at moisturizing my skin. I like that it is not too thick and does not take too long to sink into my skin. I really enjoy using Philosophy products and I am so glad that this moisturizer is now part of my daily routine. Plus, I think it's pretty affordable given the amount of product you get from it. The only thing that would make it better is if it contained SPF in it, but hey, still pretty good!
Caitlin N.
Ashland, KY
Great everyday basic moisturizer! It's amazing for sensitive skin or acne prone skin. It's very gentle and simple and doesnt cause irritation. It's great for dry skin and oily skin! It actually hydrates the skin and doesnt just sit in top of the skin to mask dryness or cause oiliness. Plus it was only $25 and u get slot of product! Other moisturizers I've used have cost at least $38 and u get maybe half the product! Highly recommend trying.
Jennifer T.
I have read such good reviews about this and was wondering if it leaves a nice dewy glow?
Megan H.
Indian Land, SC
Has this made anyone break out?
Farıfta N.
Dhaka
Does it really help minimize pores?
Tanvi G.
Boston, MA
Naomi S.
Marina Del Rey, CA
Hi! Does anyone have a recommendation for combo skin? My t-zone is oily and breaks out easily, but the rest is dry. I currently use philosophy Purity Made Simple Ultra-Light Moisturizer and it's great, but looking for alternatives!