BY PHILOSOPHY #1 in Facial Cleansers

Our award-winning cleanser is loved by all for its multitasking, 3-in-1 approach to cleansing. gently cleanses and melts away face and eye makeup in one simple step, while toning and lightly hydrating. skin is left feeling perfectly clean, comfortable and balanced.

Gently massage a quarter-size amount onto a lightly damp face, and massage for 30-60 seconds. rinse and pat dry. use morning and evening. follow with appropriate treatment and moisturizer.

Ingredients: water (aqua), sodium lauroamphoacetate, sodium trideceth sulfate, limnanthes alba (meadowfoam) seed oil, coco-glucoside, cocos nucifera (coconut) alcohol, peg-120 methyl glucose dioleate, aniba rosaeodora (rosewood) wood oil, geranium maculatum oil, guaiac (guaiacum officinale) extract, cymbopogon martini oil, rosa damascena extract, amyris balsamifera bark oil, santalum album (sandalwood) oil, salvia officinalis (sage) oil, cinnamomum cassia leaf oil, anthemis nobilis flower oil, daucus carota sativa (carrot) seed oil, piper nigrum (pepper) seed extract, polysorbate 20, glycerin, carbomer, triethanolamine, methylparaben, propylparaben, citric acid, imidazolidinyl urea, yellow 5 (ci 19140).

• Is this product oily?5 Answers
  • The ONLY face wash I will use. Takes off every trace of makeup an...3 Answers
  • Who else loves all philosophy products?4 Answers
Buy on Nordstrom*
Rachel B.
Saint Clair, MO
Skin Type: Dry, Dehydrated, Sensitive

The product is great as a second cleanser; it really gets the rest of my makeup off. It really gets your face clean without drying it out. It has a very light scent that is very refreshing. It is very creamy and has a tiny amount of foam. I do have eczema on my face that is pretty well controlled but I do have red patches from time to time that I like to cover up with foundation. With this cleanser, I am able to take off my makeup without making my eczema more irritated and this really hydrates my skin when it is feeling a bit dry. I feel like reviews are all over the place for this product most being good, but what I really like is that they sell this product in so many sizes from 3oz to 32oz, so it’s great if you want to try it. I started out with the 3oz and it lasted about a month so definitely gave me a nice amount of time to try it. Downside, I feel like this product has a lot of different chemicals in it.
Carla T.
Orlando, FL
I love this cleanser! It removes left over make up and
It just feels great on my face!! After I wash my face with this i put either the Renewed Hope in a jar or their new Take a deep breath facial/eye cream and lets just say your skin will highly appreciate it especially if you are prone to dryness i don't always have troubled skin no acne, no oil, no sensitivity etc.. The only thing thats been going on is the weather in where I live has been drying out my skin quite a ton and i needed something that will help put it back to its balance and this stuff with hope in a jar or take a deep breath will really help out with dryness and putting hydration back on your face. I believe any philosophy product is worth the money because you get the results that you want !
Adrienne B.
Kapolei, HI
Beauty Junkie Expert
I recently purchased a Clarisonic Mia and decided to purchase a new facial cleanser to use with it. I have several friends who use Philosophy products, but I've never tried them myself. The associate shared with me the fact that the Purity line is essentially three products in one (makeup remover, cleanser, toner) and best of all gentle on the eyes.

Prior to using this product, my evening routine involved removing eye makeup, cleansing, double checking to make sure no eye makeup residuals were still on my face, toning and moisturizing. With Purity, it's truly as simple as washing my face and moisturizing and boom. Done. My face feels clean and supple and refreshed as well. I'm definitely a new Philosophy product and Purity convert. Highly recommended.
Anit M.
It took me over 30 years to find Philosophy & Purity Made Simple, & boy oh boy, do I wish I had discovered it sooner.

As someone with sensitive & acne-prone skin, I had never been able to find a product that could affected & gently cleanse my face without causing irritation.

Purity Made Simple is the only product that I've found that does exactly what it promises. It deep cleans pores & eliminates makeup buildup, hydrates as it literally melts away makeup (even long wear & water proof). It's fragrance-free & doesn't irritate the eyes.

As a mom of three little children, I also use it on their faces too!

Philosophy is an incredible brand with many incredible products. I highly recommend Purity Made Simple, even for those with the most sensitive of skin.

Mandy W.
San Francisco , CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is one of my first high end skin care products. It's so soft, takes ALL of my makeup off, is gentle enough for me to use on my eyelids (and lower lash line,) is reasonably priced, and has cleared up my acne and improved the texture and tone of my skin unbelievably well. I thought I had acne prone skin, but the truth is that I only have the usual hormonal breakouts and they never got any better because I wasn't taking care of my skin properly, but now that I am I only get one or two small blemishes here and there that go away within 2 days at the most. I'm absolutely in love with this. I usually use about a dime size of the cleanser when I'm in the shower for my face, and I find that it is enough to clean it.
marcy k.
Swoyersville, PA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Okay, so I know ALL the youtube beauty gurus hype this to the max. so I went and got it (in the 3oz. travel size) to see what the hype was all about. I will say it does a great job at removing all the dirt and oil and buildup of whatever off your face. I'm amazed at what comes off my face with this stuff, seruously. However, I MO it has a very potent, unpleasant smell. it reminds me of the scent of ginger, I could be wrong. whatever it is I do think enjoy it. Also, for as much as it removes, I don't really see a difference in my skin overall.

bottom line: although it does a fantastic job at cleansing, considering the scent and price, I'm sure there's other things that do just as good of a job for cheaper.
Olivia P.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Can I just start by saying OMG MY FACE IS SO SOFT!! I use this face wash every morning/night and my face is practically glowing. Although this is just the face wash, I purchased the three piece set with the moisturizer and face mask. I would definitely use a philosophy mosturizer with this, I used a different one for a few days and it made my face too dry almost to the point of peeling. The fash wash is great for sensitive skin, BUT just like any new face product you use there is a period of a little breakout for maybe 2-3 days while your skin adjusts to the new product. So in other words don't give up just because of a few zits the first week; your skin will clear up and feel softer than ever!
Jessica J.
Levittown, PA
A "one step facial cleanser that melts away makeup". With that claim, thousands of positive reviews and the pricey cost of this product I figured I must give it a try. I've been using this product for about 6 months now and I must say that it's a descent facial cleanser. It leaves my skin feeling clean after washing. Does it melt away eye makeup....no. I need to use an eye makeup remover beforehand. My skin does return to its usual oily t-zone state after a while but it would be a miracle to find a product that actually helps with that. The reason I won't continue to purchase this product is because of the price. It's too expensive just to have an average review.
Alicia W.
Kaufman, TX
One of the best cleansers I've used! Removes literally everything including waterproof mascara. However it does leave my skin normal skin dry so I have to be sure to immediately follow up with a good moisturizer. Also burns / stings my eyes until I get it rinsed and wiped off with a washcloth. It's often advertised as gentle for the eyes so my experience may be my own body's reaction to the product around my eyes, or a chemical reaction between the cleanser and the eye makeup it's removing. Even though this is a one step cleanser, I do find that I have to do a final clean with an eye makeup remover. Otherwise, this is a good cleanser.
Kendra L.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I bought this alongside the renewed hope in a jar in a travel size kit. I want to first say that the little bottle has lasted through many a face washes, I cannot believe in 2 months I have only used about half a bottle. I may have been put off by the price for a full sized bottle but I can confidently say it is worth it because it lasts so long. The smell is nice and not in anyway chemically which I was pleased with. I have, at times, sort of oily skin and it really banished that issue. I use it at night before bed and then use the moisturizer afterwards. It really feels like it gets deep down into the pores.
patty a.
Do you use this product morning and night?
Judy W.
Do you guys think it's worth the price?
Emily P.
Where can you get it
Holly H.
Valencia, CA
Is this product to clear acne or for those without it to keep it off? I like Philosophy usually, but not sure if this would help get rid of some of my pimples. Know any other Philosophy products that may be better for me?
Gladys A.
What do you think about this product?