BY PHILOSOPHY #2 in Facial Cleansers

Our award-winning cleanser is loved by all for its multitasking, 3-in-1 approach to cleansing. gently cleanses and melts away face and eye makeup in one simple step, while toning and lightly hydrating. skin is left feeling perfectly clean, comfortable and balanced.

Gently massage a quarter-size amount onto a lightly damp face, and massage for 30-60 seconds. rinse and pat dry. use morning and evening. follow with appropriate treatment and moisturizer.

Ingredients: water (aqua), sodium lauroamphoacetate, sodium trideceth sulfate, limnanthes alba (meadowfoam) seed oil, coco-glucoside, cocos nucifera (coconut) alcohol, peg-120 methyl glucose dioleate, aniba rosaeodora (rosewood) wood oil, geranium maculatum oil, guaiac (guaiacum officinale) extract, cymbopogon martini oil, rosa damascena extract, amyris balsamifera bark oil, santalum album (sandalwood) oil, salvia officinalis (sage) oil, cinnamomum cassia leaf oil, anthemis nobilis flower oil, daucus carota sativa (carrot) seed oil, piper nigrum (pepper) seed extract, polysorbate 20, glycerin, carbomer, triethanolamine, methylparaben, propylparaben, citric acid, imidazolidinyl urea, yellow 5 (ci 19140).

• The ONLY face wash I will use. Takes off every trace of m...3 Answers
  • Is this product oily?5 Answers
  • Who else loves all philosophy products?4 Answers
philosophy purity made simple one-step facial cleanser
  • "This is by far one if my favorite cleansers. I have sensitive, dry & oily, breakout prone skin. This cleanser leaves my skin soft and clean and doesn't irritate or break me out. Plus a little goes a long way, so even though its on the expensive side the bottle lasts forever. " in 1435 reviews
Nicole J.
Knoxville, TN
I was looking for an effective cleanser, more straightfoward than luxe, and not terribly expensive. My sister uses this and swears by it. This cleanses my face without drying or stripping. I have somewhat oily skin and have not suffered any ill effects— redness, irritation, breakouts- from using this. It cleanses effectively, and mercifully, rinses away easily. I moisten skin with a little bit of water and i use a facial brush ($5 from Wal-Mart) to massage this all over into a gentle lather. Alternatively, i will use a small piece soft cloth for that allover massage. I do not get this near my eyes and would caution against this. This formula is fragranced, not strongly, but it is there. Actually, it smells identical to Princess Marcella Borghese’s Crema Saponetta- although that has a good deal more fragrance than this. Since i liked that product, i did not mind the scent using the purity. Pricewise, it is probably more cost-effective to buy the largest size (which i believe has the pump). However, i do not have the counter space for this. Also nice is that Philosophy sells small bottles of this which is perfect if you want to try this out, or for travel or to tuck into your gym bag. I would probably buy the largest size, decant into the smaller bottle (which has a flip cap), and store the large bottle out of sight. The smaller bottles are 2 oz or 3 oz, and are available stand-alone as well as sold in mini-sets paired with the exfoliating wash or their micellar water. I would re-purchase this.
Liz T.
Saint Petersburg
Bain de Soleil tans and beauty pageant hair were customary in the excessively decadent 80s, so naturally sensationally dramatic makeup was standard. And while I've given up Aqua Net mall hair and Dynasty episode shoulder pads, I still proudly display a historically accurate face. So a pretty dang tenacious cleanser is necessary to cut through my carefully curated layers - they are anything but pure and simple. In 30 seconds my 20-minute morning ritual melts into an ochre tinted liquescent swirl. It’s strangely therapeutic to watch. Then I am 1992 waify naked faced, and as a free bonus raccoon eye mascara is expunged. No double cleansing, no skin-ripping toner step, no wiping off hairline residue on the white hand towel. Just a clean, purified, supple canvas. Which is mandatory when you to aspire to look like OG Alexis Carrington. Oh- and if you have the patience of Krystle, treat yourself to a couple moments just.inhaling.the.scent.
elena b.
I was happy with this cleanser when I first got it, but over time it started to break me out terribly. I trusted it so much that I didn’t even realize it was the cleanser that was breaking me out so terribly. I went to a dermatologist and started on an acne medication and also birth control trying to calm down the breakouts. The acne medication dried out my skin and made it peel and break out even worse. I felt so ugly and wasted so much money on moisturizer trying to keep my face from cracking. I did some research on cheap moisturizer only for THIS CLEANSER to be brought up in a YouTube video I watched. The girl said that it broke her out and she stopped using it. My heart dropped to my stomach. I had been using this cleanser for a whole year and I was on my second big bottle. No wonder I was breaking out so bad. I stopped using it and my skin is almost perfectly clear now. I know that a lot of people love this cleanser, but if you are having a similar issue where all of a sudden you’re breaking out horribly and you haven’t had that issue before, it could be this cleanser. Just a heads up.
💕💖💕Elizabeth M.
This cleanser feels light on the skin but does a great job of actually cleansing. I always feel really clean after using this and it never dries my skin. Before I started using this, I couldn't use a cleanser on my face daily because it would dry out my skin. However, this formula is gentle enough that I can use it twice a day, every day, without drying my skin. At first I thought such a light cleanser wouldn't do a job cleaning, but I always have that deep-clean feel after using it, even if I am removing makeup or after a work-out. It has an herbal smell, which normally bothers me, but this product has just the right amount so it's really refreshing. The first time I used this cleanser, I immediately thought, "If they had a foaming version of this, it would be PERFECT." I am used to foaming cleansers, and this does not foam up at all. Well, lucky for me, there is a foaming version! However, I am still giving this one 5 stars because I'd be happy to buy it again even if there wasn't a foaming alternative.
Denise S.
San Diego, CA
While I typically love Philosophy products, Purity Made Simple facial cleanser didn't "wow" me as much as I would have expected based on countless reviews I've seen.

I do believe this cleanser would work nicely for those with super sensitive skin, or people that don't wear a lot of makeup. It's non-irritating, and a little goes a long way. However, it's not a powerhouse product when it comes to removing stubborn eye makeup or even foundation. I still had to use a makeup wipe and my usual eye makeup remover to get everything off.

If a product claims to provide multiple benefits, I expect it to do just that. Purity Made Simple fell short of my expectations, and considering the price I feel there are more effective cleansers out there. If you just want a basic cleanser, this will probably work for you. However, don't expect it to work miracles on a full face of makeup!
Lauren R.
East meadow, NY
I have tried a zillion different cleansers, and always end up back with this one. It's very mild and non-irritating, and acts as a cleanser and toner. The Philosophy website recently had a promotion with travel-sized freebies, so I took full advantage and stocked up! I keep the small ones in my gym bag, and the big bottle with the pump in my shower. I use this morning and night, followed by the micro scrub. I love how fresh and clean my face feels afterwards, and it does not seem to irritate my very sensitive breakout prone skin. It's a win for me. I generally try to use product that are free of harsh chemicals, dyes, fragrances, etc. This is definitely NOT guilt-free in that department, but sometimes you just have to go with what works for your skin!
Derricka M.
I purchased the mini size version of this product from Sephora. It doesn't leather extremely well it's maybe a product you would have to use with an electric brush to really penetrate the skin and get the benefits that the product claims to give. Overall my face feels pretty clean after using it the smell is minty. It feels cooling on my face. The packaging is pretty sleek and smooth. philosophy purity made simple one-step facial cleanser
Emily K.
Rochester Hills
I received this mini/travel sized bottle as a free gift with purchase and have been really impressed so far. This cleans my make up better than any other cleanser I have tried. It is gentle for my sensitive skin and for my electric FOREO LUNA play Purple!! I have used this cleanser with and without the Foreo and think it performs well both ways. The Purity Cleanser is safe to clean eyes with. It also doesn’t really have a smell, which I consider to be a positive for sensitive/healthy skin since there are less harsh chemicals! I will be buying the full sized product soon to replace the mini.
Val E.
Palm Beach
I tried this cleanser out because A LOT of people were recommending it on YouTube and on other social media platforms. I went to Ultra and I picked it up and started using it for like a month. Some reasons I DON'T like this cleanser is because its very bad at keeping my oils at bay. Literally like 30 minutes later it feels like I didn't even wash my face. Another reason why it didn't work out for me was because it doesn't foam up. I guess a lot of people like that because it doesn't strip their oils or something, but me personally...if it foams I feel like its working. But the reason why I didn't give this cleanser 1 star 🌟 is because the smell. This smells absolutely amazing. Ugh it just smells so fresh and I really smell the carrot juice thats in this. 🥕 Another reason is because.....before my oils would start creeping up on my face, my skin felt so good. It felt smooth and soft. But that never lasted because my oils would just come back on my face. Now I just stick to my holy grail product: SheaMoistures African Black Soap. 🌱
Bettsy G.
This cleanser is exactly what it says it is. Gentle BUT deep cleansing without drying your skin out! It uses meadow foam seed oil which I know a lot of oily skin acne prone people get scared to use anything with oil but all this oil does is conditions the skin so when you’re deep cleaning it’s still hydrating! I have VERY oily skin and tend to get clogged pores which causes acne and I use this every night! I wear make up on days that I work so I use this as my make up remover as well I’ll just cleanse twice. If you’re hesitant on this product I say try it anyways I haven’t met anyone that doesn’t like it because it’s great for everyone!
patty a.
Do you use this product morning and night?
Judy W.
Do you guys think it's worth the price?
Emily P.
Where can you get it
Holly H.
Valencia, CA
Is this product to clear acne or for those without it to keep it off? I like Philosophy usually, but not sure if this would help get rid of some of my pimples. Know any other Philosophy products that may be better for me?
Gladys A.
What do you think about this product?