Add a Photo

By PHILOSOPHY
#2 in Facial Cleansers

Our award-winning cleanser is loved by all for its multitasking, 3-in-1 approach to cleansing. gently cleanses and melts away face and eye makeup in one simple step, while toning and lightly hydrating. skin is left feeling perfectly clean, comfortable and balanced.

Gently massage a quarter-size amount onto a lightly damp face, and massage for 30-60 seconds. rinse and pat dry. use morning and evening. follow with appropriate treatment and moisturizer.

Ingredients: water (aqua), sodium lauroamphoacetate, sodium trideceth sulfate, limnanthes alba (meadowfoam) seed oil, coco-glucoside, cocos nucifera (coconut) alcohol, peg-120 methyl glucose dioleate, aniba rosaeodora (rosewood) wood oil, geranium maculatum oil, guaiac (guaiacum officinale) extract, cymbopogon martini oil, rosa damascena extract, amyris balsamifera bark oil, santalum album (sandalwood) oil, salvia officinalis (sage) oil, cinnamomum cassia leaf oil, anthemis nobilis flower oil, daucus carota sativa (carrot) seed oil, piper nigrum (pepper) seed extract, polysorbate 20, glycerin, carbomer, triethanolamine, methylparaben, propylparaben, citric acid, imidazolidinyl urea, yellow 5 (ci 19140).

Photos (247)
Caitlyn M.
Caitlyn M.

Philosophy's Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser has been (and will continue to be) my go-to facial cleanser! I have used this product for almost two years and it continues to keep my skin looking/feeling its best.

In the last couple of years, my skin has become more sensitive. I'm attributing that to age and hormones (hooray...). I struggle with redness in my cheeks, some acne scarring around my chin, and I'm prone to dry patches in my T-zone. This cleanser does not aggravate my sensitive skin! I have used it with my fingers and with my Clarisonic Mia 2. Regardless of how I apply this creamy, luxurious-feeling cleanser, my skin never feels tight or dry after rinsing off. I have used some other cleansers that immediately result in worsening dry patches that no moisturizer can fix. Although I haven't noticed any major improvement in my skin tone or acne scars, my skin's texture has evened out and I rarely get breakouts. This cleanser leaves my skin feeling clean, refreshed, and balanced!

Philosophy's Purity Made Simple facial cleanser has a very light, "earthy" scent- very natural and non-irritating. If you are looking for something more perfume-y, this product is not for you.

Although the price can seem a little steep and scary ($11 for 3oz up to $55 for 32oz), I have found it to be worth every penny! I will repurchase this product over and over again!
Suzette G.
Suzette G.

I see why it has such a strong following of people. This is a "one-step facial cleanser" that cleanses, tones, and moisturizes all in one step. I wash my face in the am and pm and use about a nickel size when using this product. The smell is wonderful!-clean and calming unlike many cleansers which is very awful smelling. I do not even have to use eye makeup remover before using purity, I just use circular motions all over my face including my eyebrows ( I wear eyebrow makeup) and eyelids (I wear eyeshadow primer, eyeshadow, liquid eyeliner on top, pencil eyeliner on bottom, and mascara) and all of it comes off without any irritation or residue. My face feels clean, smells excellent, and is makeup free. I also cleanse my neck and decollete that way and it feels great on both! Upon drying my face it is soft, looks bright, and I can move right onto my serum and moisturizer. The 8 oz bottle is around $23 but depending on how much of a squirt you use it may last you between a month to three months. I have been using other Philosophy products and am very happy with my purchases! I will continue to purchase this purity cleanser.
Mayra R.
Mayra R.

I was considering purchasing this product for awhile but the price made me hesitate. I have never spent that much on a facial product and I wasn't sure it was worth the hype. But there was a promotion that was too good to resist and I purchased a few even though I wasn't sure it would work for me. I am happy to report that I love this cleanser. It's perfect with my Clarisonic and even when I use it just with my hands I can feel a difference from my old cleansers. My skin feels refreshed and soft. I notice my skin starts to clear up but because I'm not consistent with my routine yet break outs occur when I forget to use it for a day or two. I don't know if it's the end all be all in regards to breakouts but it doesn't claim to be either so I still give it 5 stars. I also have sensitive skin and I am super sensitive to scents but this product has no issues for me whatsoever. If you're on the fence like I was just try the trial size. A little goes a long way so it will last for awhile. Even with the small sample pack I was able to get like 3-4 washes so just try it already.
Octavia T.
Octavia T.

I love the fact that this cleanser is very gentle yet effective at removing makeup and impurities. I purchased a small bottle of it to try out and I used it to help remove makeup. It was pretty effective at removing every drop. I honestly think this cleanser is better used for removing makeup exclusively and not for daily use (for me). It doesn't really produce suds because it's loaded with oils, which are excellent for emulsifying and removing makeup, I think that's what also makes it so gentle. Since I don't wear makeup often, I don't have much use for it. I don't feel like this gives me that sufficient clean that I look for daily and with the oil content, I am afraid it can eventually lead to breakouts with continued daily use since that's exactly what happens anytime I put oils on my face. Overall I loved it for removing eye makeup but I could probably just grab any oil I have on hand for the same effect seeing that I wouldn't reach for this often, wearing makeup only a few times a year. I said makeup a lot.
Alejandra C.
Alejandra C.
Cypress, TX

was beginning to feel a bit like Goldilocks. I tried several different, high quality cleansers. The first was too oily, the second two drying. The third... This one... Is just right! I have combination skin with an oily forehead and sides of my nose, yet dry cheeks, chin, and the top of my nose. This cleanser doesn't leave a residue, gets my makeup off (I use a cloth for most of it first), and leaves my skin soft and clean. I follow up with a light oil and face moisturizer which is the perfect combo for me. I wash with a sonic brush after massaging the soap over my face gently first, in the evening only. I have another light exfoliating wash for the morning. I do need to use about a quarter size amount each time, with 1/3 of it going on my facial brush. I like to use it on face and neck. The smell is kind of citrusy, and I think it's lovely. I heard there was no scent, but I prefer one and was pleasantly surprised. It is very light, though. I will be sticking with this product from now on!
Erica S.
Erica S.

MY HOLY GRAIL GO-TO FACIAL CLEANSER!* Any skin type can use and benefit from this one-step cleanser by Philosophy. It deep cleans pores & eliminates all traces of makeup, while hydrating the skin as it melts away the makeup & is gentle on the skin with natural ingredients that help condition the skin. A tiny dime size does your whole face, leaving your skin looking & feeling fresh, clean and hydrated without every becoming oily. I have oily to combo skin & never once had a break out from it. Ive been using this for about 2 years now rigorously & i remember after just week 2 of use my skin already was softer, brighter, more even-tone and more smooth texture. Imagine now?! I always get compliments. My fav thing is if i do randomly get a breakout, i'll wash my face twice thay day & by the next day my pimple will either be completely gone or the least reduced in size tremendously. Love this! I always know my skin is fully clean after using the 1 step cleanser #philosophy #purity
Jenah L.
Jenah L.

Weirdly enough, I like taking my makeup off just as much as I like putting it on. I have used this cleanser for YEARS as the first step of my night routine. Here's a few reasons why I LOVE Purity and will never use anything else:

1. It's a gentle cleanser
•This is a very gentle, yet deep cleaning cleanser. It's fragrance free, suitable for all skin types and even gentle enough to use around your eye area. Although I don't have sensitive skin, I have friends who do and have not had any irritation or redness after using this cleanser. It also hydrates and tones skin!!

2. It deep cleans
•This cleanser takes off EVERYTHING (dirt, makeup, oil and even the most stubborn, waterproof makeup you have!) I haven't had to use eye makeup remover in YEARS since I started using this product. My face feels clean and hydrated, without any feeling of a residue.

I could go on and on about this product but instead I'll let you see for yourself..go to Sephora/Ulta ASAP and purchase!
Rachel B.
Rachel B.
Saint Clair, MO

Skin Type: Dry, Dehydrated, Sensitive

The product is great as a second cleanser; it really gets the rest of my makeup off. It really gets your face clean without drying it out. It has a very light scent that is very refreshing. It is very creamy and has a tiny amount of foam. I do have eczema on my face that is pretty well controlled but I do have red patches from time to time that I like to cover up with foundation. With this cleanser, I am able to take off my makeup without making my eczema more irritated and this really hydrates my skin when it is feeling a bit dry. I feel like reviews are all over the place for this product most being good, but what I really like is that they sell this product in so many sizes from 3oz to 32oz, so it’s great if you want to try it. I started out with the 3oz and it lasted about a month so definitely gave me a nice amount of time to try it. Downside, I feel like this product has a lot of different chemicals in it.
Ashley R.
Ashley R.
Hammond, LA

Philosophy's Purity Made Simple cleanser is just a good, overall cleanser that has become my go-to over the past couple of years. I do still try other cleansers, but I know that this one will always work for me.
I will say that the lack of lather in the product is annoying to me... some people do not mind it, but I just don't feel like I'm getting my skin clean without the lather. That being said, this is a great product to use with the Clarisonic brush, because it will not "over-lather" the product while the brush head is spinning.
I have read complaints that this formula is drying, but I have not experienced that issue (although I apply a moisturizer soon afterward). My only reason for giving this product 4/5 stars (rather than 5/5) is the lack of lather. It makes me feel as though I cannot use it without my Clarisonic, because I just don't feel like I've gotten a deep clean that way. This might just be all in my head, though... ;)
Nicole V.
Nicole V.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

I WANT TO LOVE THIS SO BAD!! I bought this cleanser about four years ago when I first began getting into high-end makeup and skincare. I used it for about sixth months, at the time I also went Vegan and was in my freshman year of college. I had been breaking out really bad and I thought it was just because of my nutrition habits. Then for a week, I left it at a friends house, and magically my face cleared up!   I also tried the makeup remover cloths as well and those also break me out, but I am sure this is not the case for everyone because so many people seem to love it! HOWEVER, IT IS GREAT FOR CLEANING MAKEUP BRUSHES. I saw someone on youtube use it and I had half of a giant bottle left so I used that up and do always have some of this on hand to clean the brushes! This may be awesome for you, but for me, personally it did not work.
patty a.
patty a.
Bronx, NY

Do you use this product morning and night?
Judy W.
Judy W.

Do you guys think it's worth the price?
Emily P.
Emily P.

Where can you get it
Holly H.
Holly H.
Valencia, CA

Is this product to clear acne or for those without it to keep it off? I like Philosophy usually, but not sure if this would help get rid of some of my pimples. Know any other Philosophy products that may be better for me?
Gladys A.
Gladys A.

What do you think about this product?

Join Now