BY PHILOSOPHY #3 in Facial Cleansers

Our award-winning cleanser is loved by all for its multitasking, 3-in-1 approach to cleansing. gently cleanses and melts away face and eye makeup in one simple step, while toning and lightly hydrating. skin is left feeling perfectly clean, comfortable and balanced.

Gently massage a quarter-size amount onto a lightly damp face, and massage for 30-60 seconds. rinse and pat dry. use morning and evening. follow with appropriate treatment and moisturizer.

Ingredients: water (aqua), sodium lauroamphoacetate, sodium trideceth sulfate, limnanthes alba (meadowfoam) seed oil, coco-glucoside, cocos nucifera (coconut) alcohol, peg-120 methyl glucose dioleate, aniba rosaeodora (rosewood) wood oil, geranium maculatum oil, guaiac (guaiacum officinale) extract, cymbopogon martini oil, rosa damascena extract, amyris balsamifera bark oil, santalum album (sandalwood) oil, salvia officinalis (sage) oil, cinnamomum cassia leaf oil, anthemis nobilis flower oil, daucus carota sativa (carrot) seed oil, piper nigrum (pepper) seed extract, polysorbate 20, glycerin, carbomer, triethanolamine, methylparaben, propylparaben, citric acid, imidazolidinyl urea, yellow 5 (ci 19140).

• The ONLY face wash I will use. Takes off every trace of makeup an...3 Answers
  • Is this product oily?5 Answers
  • Who else loves all philosophy products?4 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Svetlana M.
Edgewater, CO
Okay so when I first tried this cleanser, I loved it! The consistency is perfect and it does a great job at removing makeup and dirt. After testing it out some more and a few weeks of using it, I began to be more skeptical because it smelled kinda soapy so I decided to check out the ingredients. This cleanser contains ALCHOHOL and many harsh SULFATES which are horrible for your skin. That's really surprising considering the company claims that it's all "natural". I realize they are there because they most likely do a good job at removing makeup and creating a lather, but in terms of long-term effects on the skin, this certainly isn't beneficial. If I hadn't looked at the ingredients, I would have kept using and enjoying this product but since I know what is in it, I warn everyone to be cautious and to know that there are sulfates, alcohol  and yellow artificial coloring in this. I know many people use and love this cleanser, but I personally can't stand behind a product that contains so many harmful ingredients. :(
Val E.
Palm Beach
I tried this cleaner out because A LOT of people were recommending it on YouTube and on other social media platforms. I went to Ultra and I picked it up and started using it for like a month. Some reasons I DON'T like this cleanser is because its very bad at keeping my oils at bay. Literally like 30 minutes later it feels like I didn't even wash my face. Another reason why it didn't work out for me was because it doesn't foam up. I guess a lot of people like that because it doesn't strip their oils or something, but me personally...if it foams I feel like its working. But the reason why I didn't give this cleanser 1 star 🌟 is because the smell. This smells absolutely amazing. Ugh it just smells so fresh and I really smell the carrot juice thats in this. 🥕 Another reason is because.....before my oils would start creeping up on my face, my skin felt so good. It felt smooth and soft. But that never lasted because my oils would just come back on my face. Now I just stick to my holy grail product: SheaMoistures African Black Soap. 🌱
Adriane O.
I got this product for Christmas this year, and have been using it every morning alongside my two face moisturizers. I have a very dry o-zone and the middle of my face can gat fairly oily at times. That being said, this cleanser has really cleared the acne that I do have on my cheeks and it has started to make my pos seem much smaller. I have only been using this product for a couple weeks, and there has already been a pretty big improvement with my skin.

The reason I took away one star from my rating is due to the fact that this cleanser does dry out my face. I noticed that right after I washed my face, it felt very tight and I felt the need to moisturize my face immediately after I washed it. My o-zone felt more dry than normal after using this product, but using a little more moisturizer fixed that problem for me.

This is an overall great product and I definitely reccommend it to people who want a very fast actin facial cleanser.
Caroline P.
If I was stranded on an island and I was only allowed ONE skincare product, it would definitely be Philosophy Purity Made Simple. This is my holy grail facial cleansers of all time. I struggled with plugged pores and bumpy uneven skin due to sun damage (wear your sun screen, kids), for years. My makeup always looked unflattering, and highlighters only exaggerated the problem. After trying all kind of cleansers and even chemical scrubs and peels, I decided to buy philosophy's purity made simple at sephora. I got the 8 oz bottle for $28 and it lasted me about 8 months. Last month, they had a special buy deal where you can get the 16 oz bottle for $15! WIN!!! I now have one in the shower, and one in my sink. I will always remain loyal to this product as long as the formula and the scent remain the same. It takes off all my makeup and leaves my face clean and soft. Thank you, philosophy for an amazing product. philosophy purity made simple one-step facial cleanser
Tracey D.
Old Town, FL
Okay so I've had this for a bit, I have combo skin dry t-zone
And oily
If I use this in my t-zone I get really dry so I just like using it for my oily places of my face, I like the smell, I heard this product is bad for the skin i honesty don't know if that's true, I would not think a company could sell something that cause harm to skin so I'm biased, I try to not use it daily it is good tho, just the statements made about this product has me worried, it's made acne go away but just drying a little, I've used to clean my brushes and it's great for that, honestly might not purchase this again cause of statements made, I'll use this up and find something different I use ole henrikson wonderfeel now with occasionally use of purity when my skin feels like it needs extra cleanse. Could anyone tell me if that statements are true about this product??
Denise S.
San Diego, CA
While I typically love Philosophy products, Purity Made Simple facial cleanser didn't "wow" me as much as I would have expected based on countless reviews I've seen.

I do believe this cleanser would work nicely for those with super sensitive skin, or people that don't wear a lot of makeup. It's non-irritating, and a little goes a long way. However, it's not a powerhouse product when it comes to removing stubborn eye makeup or even foundation. I still had to use a makeup wipe and my usual eye makeup remover to get everything off.

If a product claims to provide multiple benefits, I expect it to do just that. Purity Made Simple fell short of my expectations, and considering the price I feel there are more effective cleansers out there. If you just want a basic cleanser, this will probably work for you. However, don't expect it to work miracles on a full face of makeup!
Emily J.
I have sensitive skin and my main concern is acne and blackheads. To begin, I do use this product with my clarisonic, but of course, you don't have to.

To begin, I have been using this for a long time and have never had a problem with it. No matter what I am using it on/with, I have never experienced any kind of breakout or irritation. Not only that, this stuff doesn't burn my eyes when I accidentally get it in my eye.

So, how does this compare to other face washes? Well, this product is definitely one of the best face cleansers on the market. With a natural formula, this face wash will make your face glow and be refreshed. The product isn't that expensive and even if it is, it is totally worth it:)

Overall, I would highly recommend this product. No matter what kind of skin you have, this is a great cleanser and will definitely help any acne issues. Not only that, it removes makeup easily.
Suzanne M.
Renton, WA
Skin type: mature, dry, sensitive and acne prone. For a test of a good cleanser is one that doesn’t leave me dry. So when this says 1 step do it all in one I was pretty skeptical. I didn’t decide to use this that way as I have learned my lessons the hard way over the years. I however just added it to my cleanser rotation. I first remove makeup with micelular water. Then I cleansed with this cleanser. After this I waited to see how dried out my skin would get. It was drying and tightening to the point my fine wrinkles were showing so absolutely needed to tone and moisturize to get back to balance. My skin feels dry in the morning so not sure if I will continue to use the product or not.
Nelly P.
Arlington, VA
This is my 2017 Christmas #giftcrush. I seriously cannot get through a skincare routine video online without the mention of this product!!! I have always strayed away because the price is too high for me and I never treat myself to something like this. The packaging is so pretty and the formula looks so simple. I am excited to try this product because I have dry, sensitive skin and am looking for a product to combat this!!
Krystle K.
Sewell, NJ
i got this as a dample in Jaclyn Hill’s collab with Allure Beauty Box and was excited to try! i woke up this morning and my fave was bumpy like an allergic reaction was happening and splotchy. i did not alyer any other product in my skin care routine and i do not have sensitive skin. my skin is very ouly and acne prone and ive been using shea moisture black african soap for months and it had totally gotten my skin in check! i attached a photo for reference. im hoping this goes away and i chucked that sample out almost immediately. ive tried lots of skin care products and ive never ever broken out from any so i will not be recommending at all.
patty a.
Do you use this product morning and night?
Judy W.
Do you guys think it's worth the price?
Emily P.
Where can you get it
Holly H.
Valencia, CA
Is this product to clear acne or for those without it to keep it off? I like Philosophy usually, but not sure if this would help get rid of some of my pimples. Know any other Philosophy products that may be better for me?
Gladys A.
What do you think about this product?