BY PHILOSOPHY

philosophy miracle worker foundation Beauty Shop by Category - Makeup see more...

• Does this have long "wearability" and coverage? I use oth...1 Answers
  • Ulta is having their beauty steals this month and this is...1 Answers
  • How long is the typical wear for this product?1 Answers
Astor K.
Payson
Review for: "#3 Fair/Light" more...
So, my skin is ultra dry at the moment, and I've been having some texture issues... Also my pores around my cheeks are literally huge right now
The first foundation I tried was the Tarte 12hr and that made me look at least 10 years older..just awful.
After trying like 13 foundations at the recommendation of Ulta employees, I decided to try this one on my own.

Wow.. I am so impressed with this foundation!!
But.. You HAVE to use some kind of primer, I use Poreless. After the applying, I let it kind of dry for about two minutes.. Then I apply powder with a damp beauty blender.. After powder I use Ulta Dewy Setting Spray as well as the Mario Badescu Rose spray.
My tzone stays matte and there is barely any creasing.. For the smile lines, I use eyeshadow primer and there is no creasing now!! It lasts for at least 8 hours this way, maybe even longer.

The coverage is amazing.. Covers up all the redness and my dark circles.
I gave it 4 stars because it is super hard to mix back up in the bottle and I had to physically remove the lid and stir it.
Rachael H.
Review for: "#3 Fair/Light" more...
I have been wearing this foundation every single day. It looks great with a sponge or with a brush. It feels light on my skin and has no scent to it. It is more pricey than drugstore, but very competitive still. I love that is has SPF 30 in it for protection from sun damage, and still only has minimal flashback. It has a matte to satin finish and lasts all day long! I apply it at 6 am and still have to use makeup remover and toner at the end of the night to get it off. It does not cause break outs or irritation. It does not feel oily or dry on my skin. The biggest drawback is the limited number of shades.
Thao H.
Altadena, CA
Review for: "#6 Medium" more...
This is a medium to almost full coverage foundation. It goes on very smoothly, it is not dry at all and does not settle into fine lines. It does well to smooth out bumpy texture on my face. It last about 6-8 hours. I'm giving this only four stars because it tends to oxidize, so by the end of the wear time, my foundation is a bit orange.
Isabella M.
Review for: "#3 Fair/Light" more...
I have combination skin and this doesn't make me dry or oily. It is one of those foundations where your skin looks amazing after you take it off. It stays all day. has medium to full coverage and is anti aging I recommend it for all skin types. I will definitely rebuy.
Katie A.
Nashville, TN
My holy grail! It has fantastic coverage without weighing my face down! A little goes a long way too! This stuff stays on way better than any other foundation I’ve tried and it doesn’t break out my skin!
Alexis M.
Hinton, WV
So here's the deal, I really like this foundation.... sometimes. I like a really dewy finish, and this foundation provides that, but the SPF in the product sort of acts funny. As in, it seems like the SPF gives the foundation and oily consistency that never really sets. Now, I have combination skin--I'm really dry on most of my face but I'm slightly oily on my t-zone. Even with this oiliness I prefer to look dewy and glowy, but I cannot achieve that if I have to set this with a bunch of powder. In order to keep this in place I have to essentially bake my whole face with powder and buff it offn but I don't like a matte finish. I would say this is best for if you only need to wear makeup for a couple hours, because anything longer will have your makeup slipping and sliding everywhere.
Suzette A.
Florida
I purchased this during Ulta's sale for $25 instead of the usual $40 and am so happy I did! I have been using a few different Philosophy products for a few years now and every time I try a new product in their line I fall in love again. I have never tried their makeup and since they had a promotion I figured why not. The first thing I love about this foundation is that it is part of the miracle worker line which is an anti-aging line that I already love, and this is the same formula they use in this foundation. Also, it has an SPF 30 which is great as I wear this everyday and summer has finally came! I have not used a pump foundation in a long time and was super excited to see that this was a pump in a glass bottle-it makes it feel like more of a luxury foundation! The directions say to shake well, then gently pump to dispense product; I shake it than apply to the back of my hand and use my foundation brush to blot onto the areas of my face that I want to blend it out on. The first few times I squeezed two pumps and realized very quickly it was wayyy too much. Do one full pump and depending on how much coverage you want, that should be plenty for your entire face. I typically don't like full coverage foundations because my only skin concern is redness which can usually be covered by bb or cc creams but this stuff is great! It's a thick formula that feels so smooth going on and I always forget I even wear foundation because of how lightweight it feels. On the side of the box there are a few reasons of why I will love it; visibily takes up to 5 years off your complexion-agree. Helps to improve radiance and tone, even after you take it off**-I definitely agree with this because since I've been wearing this and than taking my makeup off at night, my skin looks beautiful without anything on! It's an all-day, natural-looking coverage*-agree, it hydrates and revitalizes skin-agree, helps reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and pores-agree especially with my pores, and weightless formula won't settle into fine lines-agree as it is so weightless and has such a smooth appearance on my skin. I adore this foundation as a full coverage foundation that feels like a bb or cc cream. I'm so glad I gave this a try, as soon as I run out I am going to pray there is another promotion on it and purchase it again!
Charity C.
Virginia Bch, VA
Review for: "#4 Light" more...
For the past few years I have suffered from cystic acne that leaves hyper pigmentation spots that lasts for months!! I have spent countless dollars trying different foundations in hopes of finding one that covers my dark spots well. Miracle worker was truly a miracle for me!!! It covers so perfectly and isn't heavy! It looks natural with a dewy finish. And it lasts all day long. I will never use another foundation!
Jordan B.
Hanford, CA
I'm torn on this. It looks very nice on, smooths out any imperfections and is easy to blend and build. What I don't like about it is it smells very metallic, like I have coins on my face. It also doesn't work well on my combination oily skin. I get oily way too fast and it somehow always works its way into my eyes after a few hours and burns really badly. I want to love it because it looks so smooth and natural, but it's just not quite there for me.
Katie H.
Spooner, WI
Review for: "#6 Medium" more...
For someone with dry skin, this is amazing. However, I have extremely dry skin on my forehead, cheeks, nose, and eyebrow areas with oily nostrils (combo skin). It DOES get greasy in the nose region even with setting powder. However, I still love this because I just use a matte foundation for my nose and this around dry areas. It’s like a foundation moisturizer. However, I doubt I will repurchase as there are far better foundations for my skin personally.
Santa E.
San Antonio, TX
Ulta is having their beauty steals this month and this is a platinum perk beauty steal for $24. Is this foundation good for oily skin?...and also does it blend well with different skin tones as there are limited shades? Last question which is better their miracle worker foundation or hope in a jar foundation? Thanks!!
Beth A.
Troutville, VA
Does this have long "wearability" and coverage? I use other Philosophy products but have never tried foundation.
Jamie W.
Plain City, OH
Does this work for dry skin?
Lesli T.
Portland , Tx
I have oily and acne prone skin due to Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. Will this be ok for oily skin? Also, does it seem to last most of the day?
Taffy S.
Merrick, NY
Is this brand paraben free?