Philosophy philosophy hope in a jar foundation

philosophy hope in a jar foundation Beauty Shop by Category - Makeup

I’ve been using Philosophy philosophy hope in a jar foundation for YEARS, but it appears they’ve discontinued it. 😭 Anyone have any alternative recommendations for a foundation that won’t dry out my skin or leave me shiny and covers my rosacea but not my freckles?
Does this have spf?
How much coverage does this foundation have?
Start your review of Philosophy philosophy hope in a jar foundation!
Waterford, MI
Purchased at: ULTA
Review for: "#3 Fair/Light", "#4 Light", "#5 Light/Medium"
So let me start off by saying YASSSSSSS GIRL YASSSSSSSSS!!!!!! I started buying this foundation in 2016 because it was recommended for my hyper pigmented skin. And I LOVE IT. Its light weight but provides all over heavy coverage and you would never know I was wearing any foundation! It matches my skin tone perfectly. The price is perfect and well worth it and honestly one pea sized amount is all you will need for an entire face!!!. So happy with this and it only contains a few ingredients ! All in all this brand is the best. 10/10 ladies. Buying since 20-16
Greenville, SC
Review for: "#5 Light/Medium"
I love this foundation. I was first introduced to it at Ulta and fell in love with the way it feels and how smooth it makes my skin feel. Unfortunately they don’t seem to keep it in stock so I’m struggling to find it.
Purchased at: Sephora
Review for: "#4 Light"
I love this foundation! It’s perfect for summer and has SPF. This is light coverage but can be buildable. this has great wear and feels like nothing on your face!
Lexington
Review for: "#5 Light/Medium"
My favorite makeup item on earth, and the only thing I’ve stayed consistently dedicated to over the years. Bring it back to the shelves, Philosophy! Nothing else has been able to cover my rosacea/acne while also letting my freckles show through.
Boise, ID
Review for: "#4 Light"
This isn’t the exact foundation I have; I’ve got the Hope In a Jar skin Tint in 3.5 Sand; but it’s a foundation, for SURE. This product is a very mousse like, gel consistency; great for normal to dry skin. The shade I have is PERFECT for cool skin tones. It gives a GORGEOUS sheer, light to medium radiant finish. It’s similar to a Chanel foundation that’s over $100. This is a stunning foundation for someone without too much to cover. If you want more coverage, buff a layer in with your fingers, like a cream, then go in with a second layer using a dense foundation brush. Absolutely beautiful. One of my top 4 out of the 25 I have haha.
Branson, MO
I want to give this to my mother. She loves this foundation because this is the only one that covers her fine lines and wrinkles. Would 10/10 reccomend for mature or flawed skin. #giftcrush
Knoxville , TN
I’m not a huge fan of liquid foundation because I don’t like the heavy greasy feel, however, this I can do. It does not feel like the others, lightweight yet covers nicely.
San Jose, CA
Review for: "#7 Medium/Tan"
This is the holy grail foundation for my dry, sensitive skin. I've tried a lot of foundations that have been recommended for my skin type, but all of them had the same issue; they'd settle over my lines or over dry, patchy areas, making them look more noticeable.  I use this in conjunction with a primer and setting spray, and my makeup looks blended and stays put all night without making my dry areas look worse.
Review for: "#4 Light"
My husband's cousin is sixty years old, but her perfect skin belies her age by at least thirty years. It's hard not to stare at her when we're together. I finally asked what she used, and she said, "Philosophy's Hope." That's it. Of course I had to try this virtual fountain of youth, but I was disappointed. It's a run-of-the-mill moisturizer. It smooths and hydrates, but I don't find any ingredients aside from glycerin which will give long-term wrinkle relief and gorgeous skin. I would not repurchase. This is highly overrated.
Pleasant Pr, WI
Review for: "#5 Light/Medium"
I wanted to try a more hydrating foundation for fall/winter and was recommended this product at Ulta after being color matched. It’s easy to apply, but I discovered a beauty blender works better than my foundation brush. The coverage is great and buildable. It looks natural and doesn’t feel greasy at all. It also stays on all day w a spritz of setting spray.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Lexington
7 months ago
Maria C. • a month ago
When did they discontinue it????????????