BY PHILOSOPHY #69 in Makeup Remover

just release me is an oil-free eye makeup remover that gently yet effectively breaks down and removes the toughest eye makeup, even waterproof makeup, without irritating eyes. formulated with natural aloe, chamomile and cucumber extracts, this extra-gentle formula soothes and calms skin leaving it feeling clean, cool and refreshed.

Buy on Sephora*
Tania P.
Tania P.
Sewaren, NJ
Philosophy is one of those brands that hits it on the mark with every product. I honestly can not think of one product from them that I have not loved. One day in ULTA I had my usually swatched up hands and wrists so when I went to the complimentary cleanup end stands that they have tissues and mirrors at, and there was a bottle of the philosophy dual phase oil free eye make up remover for customers to use. I had never even realized that philosophy had an eye makeup remover, so naturally I was intrigued. Being a makeup junkie I had left over swatches on my hand from the day before that were stained onto my skin and didn't come off in the shower. When I cleaned up my hand in the store, it swiftly and effortlessly removed ALL of the makeup swatches including the stains that had been lingering!! I was so impressed that I prchased it that day and have been using it every night to remove the days makeup off my face. Since its oil free I have used it to remove my face makeup as well and I have not had any skin issues or breakouts from it. It's very lightweight and watery so I use cotton rounds and I lightly moisten my eye lids and lashes with the product and gently rub the cotton around ... My makeup effortlessly comes off. I truly love this product!!! I love gently eye makeup removers because I try so hard not to cause any wrinkles that life hasn't already caused. That being said it is so quick and easy to use and it's a great product. I do not use waterproof mascara on a regular day to day basis so I can not attest to how this remover works with that...but I have put glitter shadow creams and liquid liners to the test and they too are easily removed. A++ for this product, I will absolutely be repurchasing it when my bottle runs low.
Shahan A.
Shahan A.
Philosophy keeps winning me over one product at a time. Their eye-makeup remover is a great product. Gently removes waterproof makeup with little to no effort.

There is also no regulated dripper on the bottle that most eye-makeup remover bottles have. The benefits to this are: I can get the amount that I need onto a cotton pad quicker and I can easily transfer their product into travel bottles for airplane carry on. I guess the negative to this would be using more product than you need, but I have not found this to be the case.

There is some oil in this eye-makeup remover. Anything that removes waterproof make-up effectively has some amount of oil in the product. I have skin that can be acne prone and I have had no problems with this product. I always remove my eye-makeup first and then wash my face, tone, etc.

If you have sensitive eyes and find scrubbing makeup off at the end of the day irritates them, I highly recommend this one.
Maria J.
Maria J.
Traducir
I really like this eye makeup remover. I find it to be as effective as Clinique Take the Day Off Makeup Remover and more effective than any other remover I've used at removing my light eye makeup (eyeliner and eye shadow, no mascara). And it never irritates my eyes. Yet it's a lot less expensive than the Clinique, which costs $18.50 for 4.2 ounces while the Philosophy costs only 50 cents more for 6 ounces. Plus, I can get the Philosophy in-store at my local Ulta, so it counts toward my reward points there.

Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Oat Kernel Extract, Benzalkonium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Chamomilla Recutita (Martricaria) Flower Extract, Citric Acid, Cucumber Fruit Extract, Echinacea Purpurea Extract, Poloxamer 182, Propanediol, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA.
Rishika D.
Rishika D.
This eye makeup remover is to die for! I love the fact that it does not take a lot to remove mascara and eyeliner, something I find lacking in other products. It's oil free which is great for anyone with oily or/acne prone skin. It's also soothing and rather than smudging your makeup off slowly, it cleans its off effectively. The only downfall is that I don't think it is worth its price tag. I'm sure there are other eye makeup removers for a much better price that are just as effective. But as my search for the best eye makeup remover continues, this is a great product to use! One tip, I would recommend you hold the cotton ball against your eye lid for at least 15 seconds before you try to wipe off your makeup.
Michell C.
Michell C.
My favorite eye makeup remover. I'm currently out of it & am going to purchase more today. I was trying to use up all of the various other brands of eyemakeup remover which I had stashed here & there in my beauty products before buying more of this philosophy eye makeup remover. Haven't been happy with any other eye makeup remover. Most of the other brands either irritate my sensitive eyes & skin, leave a film on my skin & eyes (I wear contacts), & / or don't remove all of my waterproof mascara thoroughly (without scrubbing my eyelids half to death & taking lots of eyelashes off in the process). Philosophy has a great product line & I'm a happy customer of theirs for life.
Tomiko H.
Tomiko H.
Murfreesboro, TN
I was a long time philosophy face wash user. I saw an article online about the new oil free make up remover and jumped ship- this product came up time and time again as listed as one of the best face washes. I have combination skin and at 28 still dealing with the occasional acne issues based on hormones. I use some prescribed facial medications from my dermatologist and get regular peels and facials. I was concerned that this would dry my skin out more, cause more of an issue with acne or become an irritant. Its been the opposite and has left my skin BETTER than when I was using prescription face washes. I use less product now and my face feels clean and refreshed.
Alayna M.
Alayna M.
Rancho Cordova, CA
One of my favorite make up removers by far! I love philosophy's products I've not yet bought a product from them that i didn't love. The reason i love this remover so much is because it smells amazing first and for most, too me that matters A LOT! Also i have really oily skin so this makeup remover doesn't leave my face overly oily looking and you only need the smallest amount so this bottle lasts foreverrr. I've tried a few makeup removers but i never really found one that i liked therefore i usually just stuck to baby wipes because that was working best for me until i found this product and now I'm obsessed.
Allie B.
Allie B.
New Albany, IN
I really thought this was a good eye makeup remover. A lot of removers are super oily and leave my eyelid feeling gross and like I need to scrub my eye to get all the oil off. This product didn't feel that way at all. It was soothing and cooling at the same time and even broke through my waterproof mascara. This product runs about 19 dollars a bottle, while for some it may be a bit pricey, I was able to use this for about 6 months before I had to purchase more, and I used it almost daily. I would recommend this product for anyone that would like a decent eye makeup remover. Grade A
Lisa P.
Lisa P.
Austin, TX
Love this makeup remover and so worth the money. If you have sensitive skin or your skin irritates easily this is the remover I recommend for sure. There are only a couple of makeup removers that will totally take off max factor waterproof mascara. This is one of them (Lancome and Jurlique removers work well too but are a lot more expensive). This doesn't bother my eyes or create that annoying, oily film in my eyes where I can't see for ten minutes after removing my makeup. The bottle lasts about 5 months and I remove my eye makeup every a couple of days.
Azucena R.
Azucena R.
This eye makeup remover is to die for! I love the fact that it does not take a lot to remove mascara eyeliner, and eye shadow, something I find lacking in other products. It's oil free which is great for anyone with oily or/acne prone skin. It's also soothing and rather than smudging your makeup, it cleans its off effectively.But as my search for the best eye makeup remover continues, this is a great product to use! One tip, I would recommend you hold the cotton ball against your eye lid for at least 15 seconds before you try to wipe off your makeup.
jakki l.
jakki l.
Is this worth the money and is it safe on skin? i have been reading a lot lately about makeup removers with carcinogens and I'm trying to get one that will easily remove my makeup but not harm me (i don't care for wipes)
Linden C.
Linden C.
San Antonio, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
I've used most of Philosophy's skin care line, but have never tried this specific product before. My normal eye makeup remover is Almay oil free pads. Does it work well removing waterproof and long lasting eyeliners/mascara? TIA😊
I saw this product in a store and I was hesitant to get it. I wounded up not getting it and wanted to know what others thought first.
Susan P.
Susan P.
Emeryville, CA
Would this makeup remover help to remove eye makeup on someone with eyelash extensions? I heard you're not suppose to use removers with oil, and since this was oil-free, I was wondering if this would work.
Kala N.
Kala N.
What's the best eye makeup remover?