BY PHILOSOPHY #74 in Makeup Remover

just release me is an oil-free eye makeup remover that gently yet effectively breaks down and removes the toughest eye makeup, even waterproof makeup, without irritating eyes. formulated with natural aloe, chamomile and cucumber extracts, this extra-gentle formula soothes and calms skin leaving it feeling clean, cool and refreshed.

Buy on Sephora*
Tania P.
Tania P.
Sewaren, NJ
Philosophy is one of those brands that hits it on the mark with every product. I honestly can not think of one product from them that I have not loved. One day in ULTA I had my usually swatched up hands and wrists so when I went to the complimentary cleanup end stands that they have tissues and mirrors at, and there was a bottle of the philosophy dual phase oil free eye make up remover for customers to use. I had never even realized that philosophy had an eye makeup remover, so naturally I was intrigued. Being a makeup junkie I had left over swatches on my hand from the day before that were stained onto my skin and didn't come off in the shower. When I cleaned up my hand in the store, it swiftly and effortlessly removed ALL of the makeup swatches including the stains that had been lingering!! I was so impressed that I prchased it that day and have been using it every night to remove the days makeup off my face. Since its oil free I have used it to remove my face makeup as well and I have not had any skin issues or breakouts from it. It's very lightweight and watery so I use cotton rounds and I lightly moisten my eye lids and lashes with the product and gently rub the cotton around ... My makeup effortlessly comes off. I truly love this product!!! I love gently eye makeup removers because I try so hard not to cause any wrinkles that life hasn't already caused. That being said it is so quick and easy to use and it's a great product. I do not use waterproof mascara on a regular day to day basis so I can not attest to how this remover works with that...but I have put glitter shadow creams and liquid liners to the test and they too are easily removed. A++ for this product, I will absolutely be repurchasing it when my bottle runs low.
Michell C.
Michell C.
My favorite eye makeup remover. I'm currently out of it & am going to purchase more today. I was trying to use up all of the various other brands of eyemakeup remover which I had stashed here & there in my beauty products before buying more of this philosophy eye makeup remover. Haven't been happy with any other eye makeup remover. Most of the other brands either irritate my sensitive eyes & skin, leave a film on my skin & eyes (I wear contacts), & / or don't remove all of my waterproof mascara thoroughly (without scrubbing my eyelids half to death & taking lots of eyelashes off in the process). Philosophy has a great product line & I'm a happy customer of theirs for life.
Tomiko H.
Tomiko H.
Murfreesboro, TN
I was a long time philosophy face wash user. I saw an article online about the new oil free make up remover and jumped ship- this product came up time and time again as listed as one of the best face washes. I have combination skin and at 28 still dealing with the occasional acne issues based on hormones. I use some prescribed facial medications from my dermatologist and get regular peels and facials. I was concerned that this would dry my skin out more, cause more of an issue with acne or become an irritant. Its been the opposite and has left my skin BETTER than when I was using prescription face washes. I use less product now and my face feels clean and refreshed.
Azucena R.
Azucena R.
This eye makeup remover is to die for! I love the fact that it does not take a lot to remove mascara eyeliner, and eye shadow, something I find lacking in other products. It's oil free which is great for anyone with oily or/acne prone skin. It's also soothing and rather than smudging your makeup, it cleans its off effectively.But as my search for the best eye makeup remover continues, this is a great product to use! One tip, I would recommend you hold the cotton ball against your eye lid for at least 15 seconds before you try to wipe off your makeup.
Sarah M.
Sarah M.
Tualatin, OR
I ADORE this eye makeup remover. Hands down - the best makeup remover I've ever come across. I am one of the most sensitive people because I am insanely fair. This is the only makeup remover I've ever used (any kind of makeup remover) that I have not had any reaction to whatsoever! I've used everything: Clinique, MaryKay, Lancome, Almay, Nutrogena, Juice Beauty - you get the point - .... This makeup remover is everything. It gets waterproof mascara off, it's gentle, and it's so easy to use! :) Love! I recommend everyone try this item! :)
Kimberly H.
Kimberly H.
Hyde Park, MA
Philosophy is a brand that I know well and trust. When purchasing their products I know I am paying for quality. This eye makeup remover is no different. I bought this for both myself and my teenage daughter. I love the fact that it is oil free and I don't have to worry about it making her break out. It removes my mascara without any problems and doesn't leave a residue. My eye makeup including the waterproof ones comes right off, simply wipe and tada all clean. This is a product that I would and have recommended to others.
Ashley B.
Ashley B.
Normally I removed my make-up and use my clarisonic at the end of the day. However, these clothes are an amazing alternative to my full routine. I used them two nights in a row and woke each morning to a fresh, clean face. It didn't feel like I had skipped a step in cleaning the night before and my skin was soft and smooth without any residue from the cloths. Plus they smell so clean and fresh with out being too fragrant or irritating to the skin. Highly recommend as a great back up method!
Kelsey C.
Kelsey C.
Aurora, OH
This cleanser is great. It works really well. There are so many different eye makeup removers out there so it can be challenging to choose, but personally I would select this one over some of the others I have tried. It was gentle enough for my sensitive skin. I have had issues with some cleansers where they have infected my eyes. I would wake up with my eyes swollen and red. I did not have any issues with this cleanser. Definitely would recommend this.
Kaara M.
Kaara M.
Wdm, IA
I love this eye makeup remover! I am a contact lens wearer with sensitive eyes and suffer from seasonal allergies, and this is the only remover I've used for the past two years! It is ultra gentle with fantastic ingredients that actually benefit your skin. It removes every last bit of eye makeup, has an almost oily feel at first but that goes away very quickly leaving your eye area feeling soothed and moisturized, with zero redness or irritation. LOVE!
Julia H.
Julia H.
Austin, TX
One of my top favorites! I am a huge fan of the Lancôme Bi-Facil eye makeup remover and this to me is pretty much a dupe of Bi-Facil. The dual phase style remover is identical and it does not irritate my sensitive eyes. I will say though that this one sometimes dry out my under eye a bit more than the Lancôme one but nothing severe where it makes me stop using it. It removes the toughest waterproof eye makeup so it's very effective.
jakki l.
jakki l.
Is this worth the money and is it safe on skin? i have been reading a lot lately about makeup removers with carcinogens and I'm trying to get one that will easily remove my makeup but not harm me (i don't care for wipes)
Linden C.
Linden C.
San Antonio, Texas
Beauty Junkie Expert
I've used most of Philosophy's skin care line, but have never tried this specific product before. My normal eye makeup remover is Almay oil free pads. Does it work well removing waterproof and long lasting eyeliners/mascara? TIA😊
I saw this product in a store and I was hesitant to get it. I wounded up not getting it and wanted to know what others thought first.
Susan P.
Susan P.
Emeryville, CA
Would this makeup remover help to remove eye makeup on someone with eyelash extensions? I heard you're not suppose to use removers with oil, and since this was oil-free, I was wondering if this would work.
Kala N.
Kala N.
What's the best eye makeup remover?