BY PHILOSOPHY

• Is this okay for oily and sensitive skin?4 Answers
  • Does it contain hyaluronic acid?1 Answers
  • I used to love this product years ago, but it had almost ...1 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "This is a very good moisturizer i really don't like that my moisturizers have smells to them because sometimes the fragrances can clog up your pores but using this has really helped my skin. It protects from any environmental damages and it is very hydrating the smell is the only downside but my skin looks so dewy and it is hypoallergenic so it wont clog pores. So anyone with acne prone skin this is your match made in heaven " in 97 reviews
  • "I've been a loyal customer of philosophy for as long as I can remember. Every winter I stock up on this stuff because my face gets so dry. After a couple of uses I noticed a huge change in my face. My face was back to glowing and it wasn't dry at all...and not too oily. Its great for year round dry skin too! I use it sometimes in the summer when my face decides to lose its moisture!" in 90 reviews
  • "I have super sensitive skin and have a hard time finding moisturizers that don't clog my pores. I love this one so much and honestly never even noticed the smell. It's really lightweight which is exactly what I was looking for! " in 74 reviews
  • "Hands down the best moisturizer that has worked for me." in 5 reviews
Erica S.
If you're anything like me, you have had many trials and errors, in search of the perfect facial moisturizer. After false hopes and wasting numerous amounts of money, I finally found my Holy Grail moisturizer, Hope in a Jar by Philosophy. I fell in love almost instantly. From the 1st application I could see how radiant it left my skin and how smooth it felt on without being oily, heavy or breaking me out. This moisturizer is for all skin types, it has antioxidants, is very lightweight and non greasy. It leaves your skin looking extremely radiant right from that inital use and also gives you a more even-toned, smoother texture, soft yet supple skin. If i recieved something for free I'd try it but nothing compares to Hope in A Jar. Even their night time one is amazing for retexturizing.
Moonyalondon H.
I love this moisturize! Smells good, glides on the skin and gives you a natural glow. I recommend
Alicia C.
Blythewood, SC
This is my go to moisturizer. I have been using Hope In A Jar for over 18 years. I like how quickly it is absorbs into my skin. It is not heavy or thick and absorbs immediately into my skin. I like the light lavender scent too. Plus besides being like a drink of water for my face. It gives me a rosy glow and helps smooth my fine lines.
Jessica O.
Raleigh
Works great for dry skin. I use it every morning after cleaning my face. Makes skins feel hydrated, doesn’t leave a residue. Kind of price but worth the buy and you get a good amount of product. Enjoying everyday.
J H.
I would love to like this product because it has nice consistency in it and it moisturizes the skin longer without feeling greasy. The skin feels soft and the moisturizer itself is lightweight. The thing is, for one, the smell of this product is too strong. The more it stays on my skin the more I have this urge to wipe my face to take the smell off. Two, every time I apply this product, I feel itchiness all over my face. Which makes me think if this product is any good at all for my skin or just doing some more damage.
Francine V.
San Diego, CA
I don't understand why this product gets so much hate, I personally really like it and love the herbal scent, I think is very fresh and makes me feel like I'm in a rosemary field or something. I also really like the consistency, it feels light and airy but still very moisturizing, it doesn't irritate my skin, it just feels nice and moussey.
I understand that if you're sensitive to fragrance this might not be for you, but I think it's a nice solid product.
Devika M.
St, QC
I got this as a sample from Sephora and I used it twice on my face at night. It is light and moisturizing but it's not for me. It's a nice cream but I have severely dry skin so it didn't help. I needed more cream not too long after again. If you have normal skin this is great for you.
Brooklyn N.
Highland Vlg, TX
I am so very impressed thus far with the results of this product. Goes on great. No oily feel and no breakouts. I would hope everyone would want to try this and see the results for themselves.
Jennifer V.
Bartow, FL
I got my samples with my Ulta Beauty order. I sad to say I did not like these products at all. In my experience it did not work well with oily skin. And I had a mild allergic reaction to both the refreshing & refining moisturizer and the overnight recharge and refining moisturizer. I will not be purchased this and will not recommend it to friends.
Lawanda T.
Columbus , OH
I tried this product. It . It goes on smooth and smell like lemons but light. have oily skin and I felt it to be ok. The texture feels like silk. It looks as if it shimmers a bit. The product doesn't clog your pores and glides on the skin effortlessly.
Lisa M.
How has this really helped your skin, if at all? Is it worth the sticker price?
Mary R.
Carmel, IN
I tried this product from a sample. Anyone else think the smell is terrible?
Kay T.
Vancouver
Christina B.
Richmond, IN
How soon do you see the affects after using this moisturizer?
Caitlin H.
Lexington, KY
Does it have a strong smell or is it a light scent?