BY PHILOSOPHY

• Does it contain hyaluronic acid?1 Answers
  • I used to love this product years ago, but it had almost an oily ...1 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "Hands down the best moisturizer that has worked for me." in 5 reviews
  • "It always feels like and fresh on my face and a little goes a long way!" in 4 reviews
  • "She uses it every night to keep her skin nice and moisturized." in 3 reviews
  • "I had really dry skin and my nose would always break out when I used this it was like my skin just sucked it right up because it was so thirsty." in 3 reviews
Erica S.
If you're anything like me, you have had many trials and errors, in search of the perfect facial moisturizer. After false hopes and wasting numerous amounts of money, I finally found my Holy Grail moisturizer, Hope in a Jar by Philosophy. I fell in love almost instantly. From the 1st application I could see how radiant it left my skin and how smooth it felt on without being oily, heavy or breaking me out. This moisturizer is for all skin types, it has antioxidants, is very lightweight and non greasy. It leaves your skin looking extremely radiant right from that inital use and also gives you a more even-toned, smoother texture, soft yet supple skin. If i recieved something for free I'd try it but nothing compares to Hope in A Jar. Even their night time one is amazing for retexturizing.
Ashley S.
My friend kept talking about how great this moisturizer was so I decided to try hers out a few times. I used it under my makeup and everything was fine--it actually made my foundation look really nice. About an hour later, my face and neck started itching like crazy. I just thought maybe it was irritated or something. The next day I used the moisturizer like before, and again, my face and neck were itching so bad. That moisturizer was the only thing new I was using and I soon realized that it was the source of my problem. I can put pretty much anything on my face and I will not have a reaction to it. This moisturizer is the only product I have ever used that caused such a reaction. I don't know what it is, but there is something in there that my body just doesn't like. I'm really glad the price made me hesitant to purchase the moisturizer before I tried it because I would have been very disappointed!
Daphne W.
For me this was ok. It was a nice moisturizer, but not really any noticable overall improvements in my skin.
Michele V.
Manville, NJ
I recommend this product
It's heaven in a bottle!
My all time favorite moisturizer!
Chloe H.
Royal Oak, MI
I have combination skin, usually on the oily side so I have to be really careful with what moisturizer I use on it before applying makeup or going to bed. Hope in a Jar is my savior right now, I like the subtle smell and the texture of it is so smooth, but not too thick or thin, it goes on and takes a minute to absorb which makes me think it's actually helping my skin, unlike other ones that disappear right when I apply them or have to be wiped off after. This doesn't make my skin oily at all and leaves me feeling so fresh when applied after washing all my makeup off, I would recommend to use before bed and when you wake up you will see no oil or dried peeling skin. It is very expensive but definitely worth the purchase as one container has lasted me 1-2 years already and is still quite full.
Lauren H.
Spring, TX
The only facial moisturizer I have found that doesn't break me out and actually does something for my skin. It lifts, plumps, softens, and makes my face feeling fresh and lovely all day.
Erica S.
If you're anything like me, you have had many trials and errors, in search of the perfect facial moisturizer. After false hopes and wasting numerous amounts of money, I finally found my Holy Grail moisturizer, Hope in a Jar by Philosophy. I fell in love almost instantly. From the 1st application I could see how radiant it left my skin and how smooth it felt on without being oily, heavy or breaking me out. This moisturizer is for all skin types, it has antioxidants, is very lightweight and non greasy. It leaves your skin looking extremely radiant right from that inital use and also gives you a more even-toned, smoother texture, soft yet supple skin. If i recieved something for free I'd try it but nothing compares to Hope in A Jar. The Original is for ALL skin types but the renewed is for dry skin types so dont get them confused if you have oily or oily-combo skin like me or else you'll get greasy & break out. Read containers carefully, they look identical.
Sara B.
Sterling Hts, MI
This moisturizer is ok. There's not anything special to it. It's just like your average moisturizer. It is light weight and is not scented.
Will A.
Great marshmallow like smell, seems like it is absorbed instantly, which I would think is a good think, I've bought this product about 3 times. I consider it effective for a hydrating skin, and seems gentle on sensitive skins, would definitely  buy again, and its a great price.
Stephanie Y.
The very first time I used this product it was like a miracle worker! It made my skin look radiant and felt moisturized, even my coworkers noticed it! But after purchasing the 3rd or 4th jar I decided to try smth else and come back to it if I feel like my skin needs it. After a while I decide to go back to this moisturizer but the formula was completely different! I'm not sure if I got a bad batch or something but it stinked so bad and the consistency of it wasn't the same as how I remembered it to be. I just wish that they didn't change the formula.
Lisa M.
How has this really helped your skin, if at all? Is it worth the sticker price?
Mary R.
Carmel, IN
I tried this product from a sample. Anyone else think the smell is terrible?
Kay T.
Vancouver
Christina B.
Richmond, IN
How soon do you see the affects after using this moisturizer?
Caitlin H.
Lexington, KY
Does it have a strong smell or is it a light scent?