BY PHILOSOPHY

• Is this okay for oily and sensitive skin?4 Answers
  • Does it contain hyaluronic acid?1 Answers
  • I used to love this product years ago, but it had almost ...1 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "This is a very good moisturizer i really don't like that my moisturizers have smells to them because sometimes the fragrances can clog up your pores but using this has really helped my skin. It protects from any environmental damages and it is very hydrating the smell is the only downside but my skin looks so dewy and it is hypoallergenic so it wont clog pores. So anyone with acne prone skin this is your match made in heaven " in 97 reviews
  • "I've been a loyal customer of philosophy for as long as I can remember. Every winter I stock up on this stuff because my face gets so dry. After a couple of uses I noticed a huge change in my face. My face was back to glowing and it wasn't dry at all...and not too oily. Its great for year round dry skin too! I use it sometimes in the summer when my face decides to lose its moisture!" in 90 reviews
  • "I have super sensitive skin and have a hard time finding moisturizers that don't clog my pores. I love this one so much and honestly never even noticed the smell. It's really lightweight which is exactly what I was looking for! " in 74 reviews
  • "Hands down the best moisturizer that has worked for me." in 5 reviews
Erica S.
If you're anything like me, you have had many trials and errors, in search of the perfect facial moisturizer. After false hopes and wasting numerous amounts of money, I finally found my Holy Grail moisturizer, Hope in a Jar by Philosophy. I fell in love almost instantly. From the 1st application I could see how radiant it left my skin and how smooth it felt on without being oily, heavy or breaking me out. This moisturizer is for all skin types, it has antioxidants, is very lightweight and non greasy. It leaves your skin looking extremely radiant right from that inital use and also gives you a more even-toned, smoother texture, soft yet supple skin. If i recieved something for free I'd try it but nothing compares to Hope in A Jar. Even their night time one is amazing for retexturizing.
Ashley S.
My friend kept talking about how great this moisturizer was so I decided to try hers out a few times. I used it under my makeup and everything was fine--it actually made my foundation look really nice. About an hour later, my face and neck started itching like crazy. I just thought maybe it was irritated or something. The next day I used the moisturizer like before, and again, my face and neck were itching so bad. That moisturizer was the only thing new I was using and I soon realized that it was the source of my problem. I can put pretty much anything on my face and I will not have a reaction to it. This moisturizer is the only product I have ever used that caused such a reaction. I don't know what it is, but there is something in there that my body just doesn't like. I'm really glad the price made me hesitant to purchase the moisturizer before I tried it because I would have been very disappointed!
Daphne W.
For me this was ok. It was a nice moisturizer, but not really any noticable overall improvements in my skin.
Michele V.
Manville, NJ
I recommend this product
It's heaven in a bottle!
My all time favorite moisturizer!
Chloe H.
Royal Oak, MI
I have combination skin, usually on the oily side so I have to be really careful with what moisturizer I use on it before applying makeup or going to bed. Hope in a Jar is my savior right now, I like the subtle smell and the texture of it is so smooth, but not too thick or thin, it goes on and takes a minute to absorb which makes me think it's actually helping my skin, unlike other ones that disappear right when I apply them or have to be wiped off after. This doesn't make my skin oily at all and leaves me feeling so fresh when applied after washing all my makeup off, I would recommend to use before bed and when you wake up you will see no oil or dried peeling skin. It is very expensive but definitely worth the purchase as one container has lasted me 1-2 years already and is still quite full.
Lauren H.
Spring, TX
The only facial moisturizer I have found that doesn't break me out and actually does something for my skin. It lifts, plumps, softens, and makes my face feeling fresh and lovely all day.
Erica S.
If you're anything like me, you have had many trials and errors, in search of the perfect facial moisturizer. After false hopes and wasting numerous amounts of money, I finally found my Holy Grail moisturizer, Hope in a Jar by Philosophy. I fell in love almost instantly. From the 1st application I could see how radiant it left my skin and how smooth it felt on without being oily, heavy or breaking me out. This moisturizer is for all skin types, it has antioxidants, is very lightweight and non greasy. It leaves your skin looking extremely radiant right from that inital use and also gives you a more even-toned, smoother texture, soft yet supple skin. If i recieved something for free I'd try it but nothing compares to Hope in A Jar. The Original is for ALL skin types but the renewed is for dry skin types so dont get them confused if you have oily or oily-combo skin like me or else you'll get greasy & break out. Read containers carefully, they look identical.
Katelyn Z.
Pittsburgh, PA
I’ve had samples of this in the past and I remember really liking it but I can’t get over the price when I don’t remember anything that remarkable. I also don’t like the chemicley vibe I get from a lot of their products. Very fake smelling.
Naomi B.
Becker, MN
I really liked this moisturizer because it was super hydrating, which is much needed in this winter weather, and it felt super light-weight. The product soaks into your skin super fast and feels so natural and refreshing!
Sara B.
Sterling Hts, MI
This moisturizer is ok. There's not anything special to it. It's just like your average moisturizer. It is light weight and is not scented.
Lisa M.
How has this really helped your skin, if at all? Is it worth the sticker price?
Mary R.
Carmel, IN
I tried this product from a sample. Anyone else think the smell is terrible?
Kay T.
Vancouver
Christina B.
Richmond, IN
How soon do you see the affects after using this moisturizer?
Caitlin H.
Lexington, KY
Does it have a strong smell or is it a light scent?