philosophy hope in a jar
4.37 / 5 based on 1,020 Reviews
our award-winning, original formula lightweight daily moisturizer hydrates and provides antioxidant protection while improving skin texture and tone, leaving it smooth and radiant. this high-performing moisturizer contains lactic acid, a gentle alpha hydroxy acid that helps remove surface dead skin cells, and beta-glucan to promote overall skin health by helping to strengthen skin’s natural rejuvenation potential. hope in a jar dramatically improves skin radiance and gently exfoliates, revealing smoother, healthier looking skin and texture.see more...
Top Questions See all 180 Q&A
philosophy hope in a jar
- "This is a very good moisturizer i really don't like that my moisturizers have smells to them because sometimes the fragrances can clog up your pores but using this has really helped my skin. It protects from any environmental damages and it is very hydrating the smell is the only downside but my skin looks so dewy and it is hypoallergenic so it wont clog pores. So anyone with acne prone skin this is your match made in heaven " in 97 reviews
- "I've been a loyal customer of philosophy for as long as I can remember. Every winter I stock up on this stuff because my face gets so dry. After a couple of uses I noticed a huge change in my face. My face was back to glowing and it wasn't dry at all...and not too oily. Its great for year round dry skin too! I use it sometimes in the summer when my face decides to lose its moisture!" in 90 reviews
- "I have super sensitive skin and have a hard time finding moisturizers that don't clog my pores. I love this one so much and honestly never even noticed the smell. It's really lightweight which is exactly what I was looking for! " in 74 reviews
- "A little goes a long way as it is super hydrating and too much will make your skin feel oily depending on your skin type." in 6 reviews
- "Hands down the best moisturizer that has worked for me." in 5 reviews
I've been using this moisturizer for a few months now and I can honestly say I feel like its made a difference in my skin. It soaks into the skin really quickly and leave my skin feeling really hydrated and very soft. It is a bit on the pricer side but I definitely think its an amazing moisturizer.
I love this mositurizer. Bought it from Sephora in one of their holiday sets in November and I'm still using the small jar! It was only about 0.5oz I believe. Applies nicely, doesn't feel greasy and sets in quickly. I also use it before my makeup. When it runs out I will definitely repurchase it.
Expensive but I liked it. Bought it twice and this was enough. A lot of fun and it's nice on the skin but certainly better brands e.g. Liz Earle who do the same for much less. If I was rich then I would have it with me at all times but in the real world I can't justify it x
This is an amazing moisturizer! It's lightweight, and so soft! It's very moisturizing, and my skin is silky smooth after applying. It also has a really nice subtle smell, nothing to harsh. I love this moisturizer for my combination skin! It doesn't make my skin more oily.
This face cream is quite nice. It's not too heavy, but still hydrates well. I only used a sample size of hope in a jar, so I didnt have enough to see if it delivered on its promise of reducing fine lines. The cream does not have a strong scent, which I like.
I've tried a lot of different things as in facial moisturizers and I've found this product to help me with my skin but it still kind of leaves my face a little shiny which I really don't like. BUT it does leaves my skin feeling smooth and soft so definitely recommend
I received a sample of this from Sephora and decided to keep it in my purse. I used it recently and was amazed at how well it absorbed and hydrated my hands. I am a nurse and am constantly sanitizing with alcohol. Would definitely recommend.
Every now and then I'll go back to using this moisturizer. But of course I like to try other brands from time to time, this is probably the only moisturizer I would pick up if I had to choose over all of the ones I've tried. Very lightweight and velvety smooth on the skin.
A very nice rich moisturizer. I won a contest full of Philosophy products and this one stood out. As this is a heavy cream, I love this in the cold weather but wouldn't use in the summer. Skin feels silky skin, use a small amount for best results.
This had to be one of the best moisturising creams it is gentle on the face makes your face feel soft and I absolutely love the way it feels on my skin and in my opinion it is excellent value for money. I would recommend this to everyone.
Q & A
How has this really helped your skin, if at all? Is it worth the sticker price?
I tried this product from a sample. Anyone else think the smell is terrible?
How is this product on sensitive skin? My skin is dry and tends to be irritated very easily.
How soon do you see the affects after using this moisturizer?
Does it have a strong smell or is it a light scent?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos