BY PHILOSOPHY

• Is this okay for oily and sensitive skin?4 Answers
  • Does it contain hyaluronic acid?1 Answers
  • I used to love this product years ago, but it had almost an oily ...1 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "I don't have wrinkles but have dry skin especially in the winter because i live in a very snowy icky state and let me tell you this worked wonders." in 8 reviews
  • "However now that the seasons are changing and my sensitive skin needs more moisture, I do NOT recommend for anyone with sensitive/dry skin." in 5 reviews
  • "Hands down the best moisturizer that has worked for me." in 5 reviews
  • "It always feels like and fresh on my face and a little goes a long way!" in 4 reviews
Chelsea B.
East Setauket, NY
Wonderful moisturizer. Feels like a serum when you put it on. It's amazing! Would definitely recommend for people with very dry skin. I got the Christmas mini version and I can already tell it's gonna last me a long time!
Erica S.
If you're anything like me, you have had many trials and errors, in search of the perfect facial moisturizer. After false hopes and wasting numerous amounts of money, I finally found my Holy Grail moisturizer, Hope in a Jar by Philosophy. I fell in love almost instantly. From the 1st application I could see how radiant it left my skin and how smooth it felt on without being oily, heavy or breaking me out. This moisturizer is for all skin types, it has antioxidants, is very lightweight and non greasy. It leaves your skin looking extremely radiant right from that inital use and also gives you a more even-toned, smoother texture, soft yet supple skin. If i recieved something for free I'd try it but nothing compares to Hope in A Jar. The Original is for ALL skin types but the renewed is for dry skin types so dont get them confused if you have oily or oily-combo skin like me or else you'll get greasy & break out. Read containers carefully, they look identical.
Amy A.
Hillsboro, IN
I have hopelessly dry skin and this stuff is wonderful. I started by getting a free sample and then loved it. It does not make you look or feel greasy at all, but it is extremely hydrating. It smells wonderful also. I feel super clean putting it on.
Christina S.
Glassboro , NJ
The small is ok , but feels good on the skin. Idk if I see difference on the skin but skin feels soft while on. The price is pricey , but you can try the sample sizes. I don't think there is anything that needs to be fix!
Michelle P.
Hope in a jar helps me keep my face hydrated during the harsh northwestern winters. This product does not irritate my sensitive skin and even leaves me with a bit of a glow after using it. It's light enough for daily use and doesn't smell perfumey. I would definitely recommend those with dry face pick this up!
Elaine E.
I love this and how it makes my skin change! This changed my skin after a month or two of use. I absolutely recommend this to anyone with skin needing improvements in texture or discoloration. I have reactive, sensitive skin that is prone to acne and this did not have any negative reactions.
Nicole M.
Livingston, NJ
This is my favorite face moisturizer! It is super smooth and very easy to apply. It is also very hydrating, I am even able to use this before makeup without using a primer! I would definitely recommend this to anyone!
Kat S.
Middlebury, VT
This is extremely moisturizing but i found that it was a little too oily for me and if I applied a tiny bit too much, my skin would break out. It is very cream and thick, which is nice but the smell makes me want to throw up. I don't know what the scent is, but I hate smelling it on my face.
Dantrell G.
I've tried this product before. I bought a pack with about 3 different Philosophy products (a 3 week supply, I believe), and I honestly didn't notice any difference. The product was very light and creamy, and it seemed to be of good quality. I just didn't notice a change in my skin.
Sarah B.
This is literally the only moisturizer that I will use. It's the only product I've purchased that completely moisturizes your skin without leaving any residue or oily feelings behind. It also have never left my finicky skin with any breakouts like some other brands. I love this product!
Lisa M.
How has this really helped your skin, if at all? Is it worth the sticker price?
Mary R.
Carmel, IN
I tried this product from a sample. Anyone else think the smell is terrible?
Kay T.
Vancouver
Christina B.
Richmond, IN
How soon do you see the affects after using this moisturizer?
Caitlin H.
Lexington, KY
Does it have a strong smell or is it a light scent?