BY PHILOSOPHY

• Is this okay for oily and sensitive skin?4 Answers
  • Does it contain hyaluronic acid?1 Answers
  • I used to love this product years ago, but it had almost an oily ...1 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "This is a very good moisturizer i really don't like that my moisturizers have smells to them because sometimes the fragrances can clog up your pores but using this has really helped my skin. It protects from any environmental damages and it is very hydrating the smell is the only downside but my skin looks so dewy and it is hypoallergenic so it wont clog pores. So anyone with acne prone skin this is your match made in heaven " in 97 reviews
  • "I've been a loyal customer of philosophy for as long as I can remember. Every winter I stock up on this stuff because my face gets so dry. After a couple of uses I noticed a huge change in my face. My face was back to glowing and it wasn't dry at all...and not too oily. Its great for year round dry skin too! I use it sometimes in the summer when my face decides to lose its moisture!" in 90 reviews
  • "I have super sensitive skin and have a hard time finding moisturizers that don't clog my pores. I love this one so much and honestly never even noticed the smell. It's really lightweight which is exactly what I was looking for! " in 74 reviews
  • "Hands down the best moisturizer that has worked for me." in 5 reviews
Jackie M.
Indiana, PA
This was so so lovely feeling on my skin~I loved it!! I only had a sample size so I have to go and purchase the full size now, but it's worth it, that's how wonderful this feels! I have to use moisturizer on my face because I have super dry skin, but I am extremely picky about the feel of a product so I'm always on the hunt for something new. This did not leave a greasy residue on my skin after application and it also played quite well with all of the other products I used on top of it.
Taniya P.
I brought this product as part of a holiday set. It doesn't give me any allergic reaction however I cannot stand the scents. I felt that it smell horrible. I end up returning the set because of that. The return was easy and their customer service were great.
milissa p.
Richmond, TX
I love Philosophy products. They smell great and work better. I purchase these at Sephora and QVC and Ulta. They always offer nice packages or just the bottle of your choice. It is a tad pricey but for the market it is about average. I would buy it again and I have. I love hope in a jar it is a great moisturizer. It feels wonderful. I would recommend this item.
Hayley K.
Raleigh, NC
This moisturizer is simply amazing and pairs well with the philosophy purity face wash. A little bit of this stuff goes a long way, which made me extremely happy since the bottle was a little out of my price range at first. I have dry skin and this works wonders for my flaky skin, which is now completely gone. I would highly recommend this product to others!
Caroline E.
Walnut Creek, CA
This moisturizer helps my dry skin so much! The scent is pleasant and not to harsh, it feels gentle yet thick enough to know you will be getting a ton of hydration! The downside for me is the price point but whenever I do get the chance to get this, I always end up coming back to it. Definitely would recommend for dry skin types especially during the winter.
Scarlett T.
Annville, KY
This moisturizer had several problems and wasn't a match for me. It has a very strong smell. When you apply any strong smelling product directly to the face it will be overpowering. Second of all, this was an extremely heavy moisturizer. With that said, if you like face products that smell very fragrant and need heavy moisture, this might be the product for you.
Gabriela G.
Riverdale, GA
I've been using this for about 2 years. I still have the same jar but that's because I can't stick to a darn routine but anyway I do love this product the jar is simple but nice and it's not too thick but not watery either, it always leaves me feeling very moisturized and doesn't leave that sticky feeling on your face. I would buy this time and time again.
Shana S.
Elkhorn city , KY
This has been my favorite moisturizer since I first tried it several years ago. The only reason I did not give it 5 stars is because the price is a little high. But honestly a little product goes a long way, so it's still a pretty good value in the long run. I feel that it helps to improve my skin, and I like that it does not leave my skin feeling greasy.
Erica S.
If you're anything like me, you have had many trials and errors, in search of the perfect facial moisturizer. After false hopes and wasting numerous amounts of money, I finally found my Holy Grail moisturizer, Hope in a Jar by Philosophy. I fell in love almost instantly. From the 1st application I could see how radiant it left my skin and how smooth it felt on without being oily, heavy or breaking me out. This moisturizer is for all skin types, it has antioxidants, is very lightweight and non greasy. It leaves your skin looking extremely radiant right from that inital use and also gives you a more even-toned, smoother texture, soft yet supple skin. If i recieved something for free I'd try it but nothing compares to Hope in A Jar. Even their night time one is amazing for retexturizing.
Ashley D.
Beautiful moisturizer. Daily or nightly or both! It's a great moisturizer to wear under make up as well. I'm so happy my boyfriend surprised me with it. It's so smooth and locks in hydration. When it runs out, I would absolutely buy it. Worth the price.
Lisa M.
How has this really helped your skin, if at all? Is it worth the sticker price?
Mary R.
Carmel, IN
I tried this product from a sample. Anyone else think the smell is terrible?
Kay T.
Vancouver
Christina B.
Richmond, IN
How soon do you see the affects after using this moisturizer?
Caitlin H.
Lexington, KY
Does it have a strong smell or is it a light scent?