BY PHILOSOPHY

• Is this okay for oily and sensitive skin?4 Answers
  • Does it contain hyaluronic acid?1 Answers
  • I used to love this product years ago, but it had almost ...1 Answers
philosophy hope in a jar
  • "This is a very good moisturizer i really don't like that my moisturizers have smells to them because sometimes the fragrances can clog up your pores but using this has really helped my skin. It protects from any environmental damages and it is very hydrating the smell is the only downside but my skin looks so dewy and it is hypoallergenic so it wont clog pores. So anyone with acne prone skin this is your match made in heaven " in 97 reviews
  • "I've been a loyal customer of philosophy for as long as I can remember. Every winter I stock up on this stuff because my face gets so dry. After a couple of uses I noticed a huge change in my face. My face was back to glowing and it wasn't dry at all...and not too oily. Its great for year round dry skin too! I use it sometimes in the summer when my face decides to lose its moisture!" in 90 reviews
  • "I have super sensitive skin and have a hard time finding moisturizers that don't clog my pores. I love this one so much and honestly never even noticed the smell. It's really lightweight which is exactly what I was looking for! " in 74 reviews
  • "Hands down the best moisturizer that has worked for me." in 5 reviews
Samantha J.
Winter Park, FL
This is one of the products I've seen the effects of only after one night. I'm not giving it a full five stars because it seems to leave glittery-looking spots all over my face that don't look "illuminating", just odd and annoying. But I wear it at night, so that hasn't been a problem. It WILL make your eyes water a bit if you put it too close -- use an eye cream for that area. Otherwise, I wake up with more supple, soft, and younger looking skin.
Alicia C.
Blythewood, SC
This is my go to moisturizer. I have been using Hope In A Jar for over 18 years. I like how quickly it is absorbs into my skin. It is not heavy or thick and absorbs immediately into my skin. I like the light lavender scent too. Plus besides being like a drink of water for my face. It gives me a rosy glow and helps smooth my fine lines.
Miranda W.
Florissant, MO
I love this product! I use it every day as my day-time moisturizer. It’s very lightweight and doesn’t leave your skin feeling greasy. It is a good moisturizer for all skin types including sensitive skin and it isn’t too expensive. It doesn’t really have a scent to it and comes in just a standard jar. If you have really dry skin I would suggest a heavier moisturizer for night time but this is great for a day to day moisturizer!
Emily A.
If you can get over the smell, it's an okay moisturizer -- definitely works best for those with dry to normal skin.

I received this as gratis and really wanted to try it out but could barely stand the smell to apply it. My boyfriend went to kiss me and immediately asked what was on my face as it smelled HORRIBLE!

This moisturizer gets SO much hype but the smell is enough to make me NEVER use it again!

Rina R.
Fredericksbrg, VA
I pride myself on my extensive collection of creams, oils, lotions, and potions. If it 'so for anti aging, I want it. Forever young, right!?

Hope in a Jar is my FAVORITE of all the preventive measures I own. It goes on silky smooth, a lot of product is unnecessary. You're left feeling moisturized, NOT greasy. The fragrance is an added bonus! It isn't overly perfumed- so it was nice to use under makeup and even before bed. Definitely recommend this product to everyone with a face.
Alyssa L.
I received a sample of this product from Sephora and I was pleased with it overall but it was no different than my regular clean and clear moisturizing gel. It was definitely moisturizing and felt refreshing but for the price I didn't care much for it. If I received a deluxe sample I would be happy either way lol
Jennifer M.
Center Point, IA
I have such sensitive skin and this is one of the only moisturizers that I can use without it breaking out my skin. It is lightweight, non-greasy and great for combination skin. The price seems high however it literally lasts forever and when you take that into consideration, the price point is really not bad at all. I will definitely continue to buy Philosophy products.
Claudia C.
San Diego, CA
I have very oily skin and i love this product! I use it under makeup and i find it doesnt make me more oily throughout the day. Its a very lightweight formula and i love it since i used to not wear moisturizers as much because of how heavy they would feel on my face.
Hayley K.
Raleigh, NC
This moisturizer is simply amazing and pairs well with the philosophy purity face wash. A little bit of this stuff goes a long way, which made me extremely happy since the bottle was a little out of my price range at first. I have dry skin and this works wonders for my flaky skin, which is now completely gone. I would highly recommend this product to others!
milissa p.
Richmond, TX
I love Philosophy products. They smell great and work better. I purchase these at Sephora and QVC and Ulta. They always offer nice packages or just the bottle of your choice. It is a tad pricey but for the market it is about average. I would buy it again and I have. I love hope in a jar it is a great moisturizer. It feels wonderful. I would recommend this item.
Lisa M.
Colorado Spgs, CO
How has this really helped your skin, if at all? Is it worth the sticker price?
Mary R.
Carmel, IN
I tried this product from a sample. Anyone else think the smell is terrible?
Kay T.
Vancouver
Christina B.
Richmond, IN
How soon do you see the affects after using this moisturizer?
Caitlin H.
Lexington, KY
Does it have a strong smell or is it a light scent?

back