BY PHILOSOPHY

• Is this okay for oily and sensitive skin?4 Answers
  • Does it contain hyaluronic acid?1 Answers
  • I used to love this product years ago, but it had almost ...1 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "This is a very good moisturizer i really don't like that my moisturizers have smells to them because sometimes the fragrances can clog up your pores but using this has really helped my skin. It protects from any environmental damages and it is very hydrating the smell is the only downside but my skin looks so dewy and it is hypoallergenic so it wont clog pores. So anyone with acne prone skin this is your match made in heaven " in 97 reviews
  • "I've been a loyal customer of philosophy for as long as I can remember. Every winter I stock up on this stuff because my face gets so dry. After a couple of uses I noticed a huge change in my face. My face was back to glowing and it wasn't dry at all...and not too oily. Its great for year round dry skin too! I use it sometimes in the summer when my face decides to lose its moisture!" in 90 reviews
  • "I have super sensitive skin and have a hard time finding moisturizers that don't clog my pores. I love this one so much and honestly never even noticed the smell. It's really lightweight which is exactly what I was looking for! " in 74 reviews
  • "Hands down the best moisturizer that has worked for me." in 5 reviews
MALEIKA B.
Portland, OR
I use this moisturizer every night after my shower. i typically take really how showers and the water drys out my face really really bad. So what i do is wash my face with the purity face wash and then after my shower i will pat dry my face and apply the hope in a jar moisturizer. This product is amazing, it makes my face so smooth and so soft and it makes my face so healthy looking. For now this is my go to product until i find another one that does the same as this one. I do have an open mind and will continue to keep trying new products.
Summer E.
Jamestown, KY
I used this product years ago and forgot why I disliked it so much until recently. I received a free jar for a review from philosophy, and I only give truthful reviews. So first off, it smells like garbage. I can't emphasize enough how horrible the smell is. Next, it does absolutely nothing for my skin. It soaks into my face quick, my skin still feels dry, it doesn't do anything for dark under eye circles or redness. Trust me, save your money for something else.
Samantha J.
Winter Park, FL
This is one of the products I've seen the effects of only after one night. I'm not giving it a full five stars because it seems to leave glittery-looking spots all over my face that don't look "illuminating", just odd and annoying. But I wear it at night, so that hasn't been a problem. It WILL make your eyes water a bit if you put it too close -- use an eye cream for that area. Otherwise, I wake up with more supple, soft, and younger looking skin.
Miranda W.
Florissant, MO
I love this product! I use it every day as my day-time moisturizer. It’s very lightweight and doesn’t leave your skin feeling greasy. It is a good moisturizer for all skin types including sensitive skin and it isn’t too expensive. It doesn’t really have a scent to it and comes in just a standard jar. If you have really dry skin I would suggest a heavier moisturizer for night time but this is great for a day to day moisturizer!
Emily A.
If you can get over the smell, it's an okay moisturizer -- definitely works best for those with dry to normal skin.

I received this as gratis and really wanted to try it out but could barely stand the smell to apply it. My boyfriend went to kiss me and immediately asked what was on my face as it smelled HORRIBLE!

This moisturizer gets SO much hype but the smell is enough to make me NEVER use it again!

Rina R.
Fredericksbrg, VA
I pride myself on my extensive collection of creams, oils, lotions, and potions. If it 'so for anti aging, I want it. Forever young, right!?

Hope in a Jar is my FAVORITE of all the preventive measures I own. It goes on silky smooth, a lot of product is unnecessary. You're left feeling moisturized, NOT greasy. The fragrance is an added bonus! It isn't overly perfumed- so it was nice to use under makeup and even before bed. Definitely recommend this product to everyone with a face.
Destiny M.
Gettysburg, PA
I see why there’s such a hype about this brand! I signed up for their rewards/emails and they always have sales with their products which is nice because I live by this moisturizer. It’s so creamy and leaves my skin so soft! I highly recommend this product and this brand!
Lisa G.
I can’t live without this, trust me, I have tried and nothing compares to this. I love the texture of this moisturizer. It’s light to the touch and just melts into your skin and has a slight smell. I have been using this for over 10 years and still love it. It is VERY pricey for what I want to spend, but it really has helped make my skin feel and look good for all these years.
Alyssa L.
I received a sample of this product from Sephora and I was pleased with it overall but it was no different than my regular clean and clear moisturizing gel. It was definitely moisturizing and felt refreshing but for the price I didn't care much for it. If I received a deluxe sample I would be happy either way lol
Jennifer M.
Center Point, IA
I have such sensitive skin and this is one of the only moisturizers that I can use without it breaking out my skin. It is lightweight, non-greasy and great for combination skin. The price seems high however it literally lasts forever and when you take that into consideration, the price point is really not bad at all. I will definitely continue to buy Philosophy products.
Lisa M.
How has this really helped your skin, if at all? Is it worth the sticker price?
Mary R.
Carmel, IN
I tried this product from a sample. Anyone else think the smell is terrible?
Kay T.
Vancouver
Christina B.
Richmond, IN
How soon do you see the affects after using this moisturizer?
Caitlin H.
Lexington, KY
Does it have a strong smell or is it a light scent?