BY PHILOSOPHY

• Is this okay for oily and sensitive skin?4 Answers
  • Does it contain hyaluronic acid?1 Answers
  • I used to love this product years ago, but it had almost ...4 Answers
philosophy hope in a jar
  • "This is a very good moisturizer i really don't like that my moisturizers have smells to them because sometimes the fragrances can clog up your pores but using this has really helped my skin. It protects from any environmental damages and it is very hydrating the smell is the only downside but my skin looks so dewy and it is hypoallergenic so it wont clog pores. So anyone with acne prone skin this is your match made in heaven " in 97 reviews
  • "I've been a loyal customer of philosophy for as long as I can remember. Every winter I stock up on this stuff because my face gets so dry. After a couple of uses I noticed a huge change in my face. My face was back to glowing and it wasn't dry at all...and not too oily. Its great for year round dry skin too! I use it sometimes in the summer when my face decides to lose its moisture!" in 90 reviews
  • "I have super sensitive skin and have a hard time finding moisturizers that don't clog my pores. I love this one so much and honestly never even noticed the smell. It's really lightweight which is exactly what I was looking for! " in 74 reviews
  • "Hands down the best moisturizer that has worked for me." in 5 reviews
J H.
I would love to like this product because it has nice consistency in it and it moisturizes the skin longer without feeling greasy. The skin feels soft and the moisturizer itself is lightweight. The thing is, for one, the smell of this product is too strong. The more it stays on my skin the more I have this urge to wipe my face to take the smell off. Two, every time I apply this product, I feel itchiness all over my face. Which makes me think if this product is any good at all for my skin or just doing some more damage.
Pallavi K.
I have oily combination skin which changes with the season, oily in summer and dry in winter. Hope in a jar is my go to for summer months because it is light enough to be worn under makeup. Even if the formula is very light, it moisturizes whole day without leaving skin dry. Sometimes I end up sleeping with it on and never had issues with breakouts.
Jodi D.
Orrville , OH
I love Hope in a Jar (not the newer Renewed Hope in A Jar). This formula, the original one is great. I use it as an everyday moisturizer and it leaves my skin feeling smooth a looking brighter. My skin is somewhat sensitive and this formula has never irritated my face at all. It has a light, refreshing smell. I would highly recommend this moisturizer!
Brianna G.
Clearfield, PA
I use this almost daily. On the days I don't, I use the night-time version. This is my go-to, always in my cabinet, can't live without moisturizer. It vastly reduces the redness and breakouts when used regularly with proper cleansing and if you watch sales and specials, you can get an awesome price. You don't need much, a little goes a long way!
MALEIKA B.
Portland, OR
I use this moisturizer every night after my shower. i typically take really how showers and the water drys out my face really really bad. So what i do is wash my face with the purity face wash and then after my shower i will pat dry my face and apply the hope in a jar moisturizer. This product is amazing, it makes my face so smooth and so soft and it makes my face so healthy looking. For now this is my go to product until i find another one that does the same as this one. I do have an open mind and will continue to keep trying new products.
Samantha J.
Winter Park, FL
This is one of the products I've seen the effects of only after one night. I'm not giving it a full five stars because it seems to leave glittery-looking spots all over my face that don't look "illuminating", just odd and annoying. But I wear it at night, so that hasn't been a problem. It WILL make your eyes water a bit if you put it too close -- use an eye cream for that area. Otherwise, I wake up with more supple, soft, and younger looking skin.
Alicia C.
Blythewood, SC
This is my go to moisturizer. I have been using Hope In A Jar for over 18 years. I like how quickly it is absorbs into my skin. It is not heavy or thick and absorbs immediately into my skin. I like the light lavender scent too. Plus besides being like a drink of water for my face. It gives me a rosy glow and helps smooth my fine lines.
Miranda W.
Saint Louis , MO
I love this product! I use it every day as my day-time moisturizer. It’s very lightweight and doesn’t leave your skin feeling greasy. It is a good moisturizer for all skin types including sensitive skin and it isn’t too expensive. It doesn’t really have a scent to it and comes in just a standard jar. If you have really dry skin I would suggest a heavier moisturizer for night time but this is great for a day to day moisturizer!
Savannah E.
I came across this product at sephora as I was in dire need for a moisturizer that actually worked for my skin. Hope in a Jar literally changed my life! Seriously over night my skin did a 360. I have seriously dry skin, especially when fall and winter hit. Ive tried many other products including First aid Beauty, clinique, and even La Mer. I apply before bed, and when I wake up and I have not had dry skin since.
Emily A.
If you can get over the smell, it's an okay moisturizer -- definitely works best for those with dry to normal skin.

I received this as gratis and really wanted to try it out but could barely stand the smell to apply it. My boyfriend went to kiss me and immediately asked what was on my face as it smelled HORRIBLE!

This moisturizer gets SO much hype but the smell is enough to make me NEVER use it again!

Lisa M.
Colorado Spgs, CO
How has this really helped your skin, if at all? Is it worth the sticker price?
Mary R.
Carmel, IN
I tried this product from a sample. Anyone else think the smell is terrible?
Kay T.
Vancouver
Christina B.
Richmond, IN
How soon do you see the affects after using this moisturizer?
Caitlin H.
Lexington, KY
Does it have a strong smell or is it a light scent?