philosophy hope in a jar
4.37 / 5 based on 1,024 Reviews
our award-winning, original formula lightweight daily moisturizer hydrates and provides antioxidant protection while improving skin texture and tone, leaving it smooth and radiant. this high-performing moisturizer contains lactic acid, a gentle alpha hydroxy acid that helps remove surface dead skin cells, and beta-glucan to promote overall skin health by helping to strengthen skin’s natural rejuvenation potential. hope in a jar dramatically improves skin radiance and gently exfoliates, revealing smoother, healthier looking skin and texture.see more...
Top Questions See all 180 Q&A
philosophy hope in a jar
- "This is a very good moisturizer i really don't like that my moisturizers have smells to them because sometimes the fragrances can clog up your pores but using this has really helped my skin. It protects from any environmental damages and it is very hydrating the smell is the only downside but my skin looks so dewy and it is hypoallergenic so it wont clog pores. So anyone with acne prone skin this is your match made in heaven " in 97 reviews
- "I've been a loyal customer of philosophy for as long as I can remember. Every winter I stock up on this stuff because my face gets so dry. After a couple of uses I noticed a huge change in my face. My face was back to glowing and it wasn't dry at all...and not too oily. Its great for year round dry skin too! I use it sometimes in the summer when my face decides to lose its moisture!" in 90 reviews
- "I have super sensitive skin and have a hard time finding moisturizers that don't clog my pores. I love this one so much and honestly never even noticed the smell. It's really lightweight which is exactly what I was looking for! " in 74 reviews
- "A little goes a long way as it is super hydrating and too much will make your skin feel oily depending on your skin type." in 6 reviews
- "Hands down the best moisturizer that has worked for me." in 5 reviews
This is my go to face cream. Not too heavy but light enough to not make you break out. This does not have spf in it. They do make a spf version of this but it was too heavy for my face and made me break out. This is great for day wear.
So this product I wasn't too impressed. first the smell wasn't pleaset on top off my skin didn't react very well to this product. used at night and well stopped use of it left my skin dry and red and broke me out. so I can say never again.
Is there a more perfect face cream? If there is, I haven't found it! The perfect texture and it makes my skin feel amazing! The only thing I would change is the price lol.
LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!! The smell is a bit overwhelming, but it is still amazing. I have combination skin and it doesn't make my face overly oily. I got it as a sample at first, and never looked back.
My skin is always dry especially in the winter months and with this product I don't have to worry about my skin being dry and itchy therefore making my days uncomfortable.
I've been a loyal customer of philosophy for as long as I can remember. Every winter I stock up on this stuff because my face gets so dry. After a couple of uses I noticed a huge change in my face. My face was back to glowing and it wasn't dry at all...and not too oily. Its great for year round dry skin too! I use it sometimes in the summer when my face decides to lose its moisture!
Amazing product!! During winter this helped my skin stay hydrated since the colder weather tends to dry out my skin. With this product I didn't have a problem with dry skin
I don't like to use a lot of products, just the basics and I love the Philosophy products because they work and are not heavy. Hope in ajar provides the perfect level of moisture for my skin, makes my skin feel healthy and looks healthy. Not greasy at all. Absorbs very well. A little costly but a little goes a long way
Some shy away because of the price, but it's worth every last red cent. I have super dry, flake prone skin and was using three different products to keep it at bay (not always succeeding either). Doesn't leave me greasy or oily and keeps my skin happy all day. LOVE it!
I have used this several times for a few years. It moistures well. It doesn't have a strong smell and feels good when it soaks in. It's not my favorite moisturizer or my go to. It's smooth and seems to soak in great after a moment.
Q & A
How has this really helped your skin, if at all? Is it worth the sticker price?
I tried this product from a sample. Anyone else think the smell is terrible?
How is this product on sensitive skin? My skin is dry and tends to be irritated very easily.
How soon do you see the affects after using this moisturizer?
Does it have a strong smell or is it a light scent?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos