BY PHILOSOPHY

• Is this okay for oily and sensitive skin?4 Answers
  • Does it contain hyaluronic acid?1 Answers
  • I used to love this product years ago, but it had almost ...1 Answers
Buy on Sephora
  • "This is a very good moisturizer i really don't like that my moisturizers have smells to them because sometimes the fragrances can clog up your pores but using this has really helped my skin. It protects from any environmental damages and it is very hydrating the smell is the only downside but my skin looks so dewy and it is hypoallergenic so it wont clog pores. So anyone with acne prone skin this is your match made in heaven " in 97 reviews
  • "I've been a loyal customer of philosophy for as long as I can remember. Every winter I stock up on this stuff because my face gets so dry. After a couple of uses I noticed a huge change in my face. My face was back to glowing and it wasn't dry at all...and not too oily. Its great for year round dry skin too! I use it sometimes in the summer when my face decides to lose its moisture!" in 90 reviews
  • "I have super sensitive skin and have a hard time finding moisturizers that don't clog my pores. I love this one so much and honestly never even noticed the smell. It's really lightweight which is exactly what I was looking for! " in 74 reviews
  • "Hands down the best moisturizer that has worked for me." in 5 reviews
Ashley G.
Lancaster, PA
I think this is a great moisturizer (especially for normal skin), however put up against a drug store cream, I think they're pretty equal. I used the hope in a jar for years thinking it was better because of the price tag. I was wrong. there are definitely things at the drug store that are amazing and provide you with varying ranges of hydration. If you have the money to spend on a more expensive product and need LIGHT hydration, hope in a jar is great. If you'd rather save some money and don't mind drug store products, go with a cetaphil or cerave.
I dont think this is for anyone that needs even the slightest bit of extra hydration. Very suitable for those with normal skin though.
Kiernan M.
Toronto, OH
I got a sample of this product first and that started my love affair with this product!! I have fine lines and wrinkles like anyone gets over time but this cream helps plump my skin so it fills in all those fine lines and wrinkles. I have tried a lot of other philosophy products but this was my first skin care product and it is amazing just like all their shower/bath products!! This Is a product I HIGHLY recommend!! I can't speak it's praises enough!! I have given friends little samples out of my tub and now I have them addicted as well!! Such an amazing pure great fantastic product!! 10 out of 10 would recommend!!
Christie F.
Fort Collins, CO
I used this moisturizer for over a decade, and honestly, I loved it.  It was the first product that got me interested and caring about my skincare regimen.  It was never too heavy or too fragranced.  It's a great product, especially under makeup!  Unfortunately, the price started to creep up over the years (as these things do).  Around the time I turned 30 I started noticing some fine lines developing at my forehead and I decided to switch to a new product that had more anti-aging properties (for the same price), but I would still recommend this product to anyone with younger skin, or sensitive skin.
Francine V.
San Diego, CA
I don't understand why this product gets so much hate, I personally really like it and love the herbal scent, I think is very fresh and makes me feel like I'm in a rosemary field or something. I also really like the consistency, it feels light and airy but still very moisturizing, it doesn't irritate my skin, it just feels nice and moussey.
I understand that if you're sensitive to fragrance this might not be for you, but I think it's a nice solid product.
Char E.
PASADENA, MD
This moisturizer works really well for me. I have very, very dry skin and it was basically ruining the way my makeup stayed on my face. I started using this every night, really you only need to use a little because it is fairly thick and covers easily with a small amount. My face has improved dramatically. It's not the best one i've EVER used, but having it right now I have no reason to stop using it
Eva K.
I think this a great product, but it isn't one of my favorites. There is nothing wrong with it per se - it just doesn't give me the same results as other products. It moisturizes well and has a lovely consistency (not too thick or too thin). It absorbs into the skin nicely, leaves skin plump and happy, and is actually quite refreshing. I don't like the jar packaging though and never really reach for this one. Maybe it is because I have too many products (skincare junkie over here!), but I just can't bring myself to love it.
J H.
I would love to like this product because it has nice consistency in it and it moisturizes the skin longer without feeling greasy. The skin feels soft and the moisturizer itself is lightweight. The thing is, for one, the smell of this product is too strong. The more it stays on my skin the more I have this urge to wipe my face to take the smell off. Two, every time I apply this product, I feel itchiness all over my face. Which makes me think if this product is any good at all for my skin or just doing some more damage.
Jodi D.
Orrville , OH
I love Hope in a Jar (not the newer Renewed Hope in A Jar). This formula, the original one is great. I use it as an everyday moisturizer and it leaves my skin feeling smooth a looking brighter. My skin is somewhat sensitive and this formula has never irritated my face at all. It has a light, refreshing smell. I would highly recommend this moisturizer!
Pallavi K.
I have oily combination skin which changes with the season, oily in summer and dry in winter. Hope in a jar is my go to for summer months because it is light enough to be worn under makeup. Even if the formula is very light, it moisturizes whole day without leaving skin dry. Sometimes I end up sleeping with it on and never had issues with breakouts.
Brianna G.
Clearfield, PA
I use this almost daily. On the days I don't, I use the night-time version. This is my go-to, always in my cabinet, can't live without moisturizer. It vastly reduces the redness and breakouts when used regularly with proper cleansing and if you watch sales and specials, you can get an awesome price. You don't need much, a little goes a long way!
Lisa M.
Colorado Spgs, CO
How has this really helped your skin, if at all? Is it worth the sticker price?
Mary R.
Carmel, IN
I tried this product from a sample. Anyone else think the smell is terrible?
Kay T.
Vancouver
Christina B.
Richmond, IN
How soon do you see the affects after using this moisturizer?
Caitlin H.
Lexington, KY
Does it have a strong smell or is it a light scent?