philosophy hope in a jar
4.37 / 5 based on 1,015 Reviews
our award-winning, original formula lightweight daily moisturizer hydrates and provides antioxidant protection while improving skin texture and tone, leaving it smooth and radiant. this high-performing moisturizer contains lactic acid, a gentle alpha hydroxy acid that helps remove surface dead skin cells, and beta-glucan to promote overall skin health by helping to strengthen skin’s natural rejuvenation potential. hope in a jar dramatically improves skin radiance and gently exfoliates, revealing smoother, healthier looking skin and texture.see more...
Top Questions See all 180 Q&A
philosophy hope in a jar
- "This is a very good moisturizer i really don't like that my moisturizers have smells to them because sometimes the fragrances can clog up your pores but using this has really helped my skin. It protects from any environmental damages and it is very hydrating the smell is the only downside but my skin looks so dewy and it is hypoallergenic so it wont clog pores. So anyone with acne prone skin this is your match made in heaven " in 97 reviews
- "I've been a loyal customer of philosophy for as long as I can remember. Every winter I stock up on this stuff because my face gets so dry. After a couple of uses I noticed a huge change in my face. My face was back to glowing and it wasn't dry at all...and not too oily. Its great for year round dry skin too! I use it sometimes in the summer when my face decides to lose its moisture!" in 90 reviews
- "I have super sensitive skin and have a hard time finding moisturizers that don't clog my pores. I love this one so much and honestly never even noticed the smell. It's really lightweight which is exactly what I was looking for! " in 74 reviews
- "A little goes a long way as it is super hydrating and too much will make your skin feel oily depending on your skin type." in 6 reviews
- "Hands down the best moisturizer that has worked for me." in 5 reviews
I tried Hope in a jar the other day and wanted to hurry up and provide feedback. I am amazed that how well it works. I received a sample that I did not order but somehow came to my house and I am glad it did. AMAZING!! The only word I can say. I noticed a difference after applying it twice. Soft and smooth skin.
I can only use this product in the summer when my skin is naturally more oily and less sensitive. However now that the seasons are changing and my sensitive skin needs more moisture, I do NOT recommend for anyone with sensitive/dry skin. This is a great product to apply before foundation but not for daily moisture.
Recently had a facial at a philosophy event at Ulta and I have to say that this moisturizer does not make my skin oily like other have before. I only use it at night but so far so good. A bit pricey but definitely worth it
I'd heard AMAZING things about this, but it wasn't as moisturizing as I'd thought it'd be. Very smooth, and pretty light weight. Even the dry skin version wasn't what I'd expected. It did leave my skin super smooth, but I can't tell whether it was this or something else my skin had a bad sensitivity to.
I bought this as suggested by a sales rep and I was very disappointed. It was thick and felt like I smeared goop on my face that would dry into a plastic feeling mess, I was not at all impressed. I would say it's more of a night mask type of feeling or an every-so-often deep moisturizer. Definitely not for me.
Top product for aging skin! I am 28 and already use this product for the many advantages it offers. You can certainly see results immediately. After my first child, I began using small amounts on my abdominal area, although its a face product,and even notice my skin improving. The only con is tbe smell becomes overwhelming, even for people standing besides me.
This one has taken some getting used to...it's very fluffy, almost like it's whipped, and it sticks for a while, however, once it absorbs, my skin feels super soft. It isn't as balanced as I like...but it isn't so bad that I won't use the product as a night cream. It smells very clean and doesn't irritate.
I am one of the few people that don't see what all the to do is about this. It has an unpleasant smell and I still had dry patches on my face. I used the whole jar since it was very expensive but just not impressed.
Wonderful moisturizer. Feels like a serum when you put it on. It's amazing! Would definitely recommend for people with very dry skin. I got the Christmas mini version and I can already tell it's gonna last me a long time!
I received a sample of this and after only 3 days of using it, I can definitely say I'm in love! My cheek area gets so dry and rough in the winter and I can already see a difference with this Mousturizer. It leaves my skin so soft and not greasy. I will be purchasing the full size product immediately!
Q & A
How has this really helped your skin, if at all? Is it worth the sticker price?
I tried this product from a sample. Anyone else think the smell is terrible?
How is this product on sensitive skin? My skin is dry and tends to be irritated very easily.
How soon do you see the affects after using this moisturizer?
Does it have a strong smell or is it a light scent?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos