BY PHILOSOPHY

• Is this okay for oily and sensitive skin?4 Answers
  • Does it contain hyaluronic acid?1 Answers
  • I used to love this product years ago, but it had almost an oily ...1 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "I don't have wrinkles but have dry skin especially in the winter because i live in a very snowy icky state and let me tell you this worked wonders." in 8 reviews
  • "However now that the seasons are changing and my sensitive skin needs more moisture, I do NOT recommend for anyone with sensitive/dry skin." in 5 reviews
  • "Hands down the best moisturizer that has worked for me." in 5 reviews
  • "It always feels like and fresh on my face and a little goes a long way!" in 4 reviews
Michelle P.
N Hollywood, CA
I've heard great things about Hope in a Jar and it's always hard for me to find a moisturizer that won't make me feel extra oily by the end of the day. After a few days of using it, this was not the one for me. I have a combination of oily and dry skin, and this didn't help control my oiliness. Side note, if smell is a factor for you, I personally didn't think it smelled great.
Mariah W.
It works really well, it's light and smells nice. It doesn't leave my face feeling greasy. And it lasts all day. It even stays working well in the winter on me when my face gets it's driest. It gets the job done. It is expensive but the jar is huge and if you use it the way it's supposed to be used it'll last you like a year!
Kathlyn L.
San Jose, CA
Hope in a jar is extremely moisturizing. I recommend using it at night time. Since it is so moisturizing, it leaves the face quite tacky (because the product is thick). So if you're someone who wears makeup, consider using a primer after applying this lotion on your face!
Khyati S.
This is a good moisturizer. It works with a lot of skin types and it does not have a strong scent. It hydrates the skin and minimizes the appearance of pores. The only complaint is that it is a pretty expensive skincare product.
Abby R.
El Paso, TX
This product is great it really makes my skin super soft, it doesn't dry out my face at all. It isn't too pricey but then again it kind of is. It gives my face a nice glow, without looking oily. I do recommend this product, I don't see any problem with it whatsoever.
Kristy D.
Dearborn Hts, MI
I recently received this product in a set from Philosophy and I LOVE it!! It leaves my skin soft and is hydrating. I suffer from acne but it does not break me out which is a huge bonus for me!! I will be purchasing the full size once this runs out!
Zac P.
Fayetteville, NC
I work in an Ulta beauty, and I've tried many many moisturizers. But Hope in a Jar is one I always come back to, it's intensely moisturizing without being oily. I have dry skin and it gives my ski the perfect amount of hydration if I put it on before bed. Love this!
Meghan C.
I tried Hope in a jar the other day and wanted to hurry up and provide feedback. I am amazed that how well it works. I received a sample that I did not order but somehow came to my house and I am glad it did. AMAZING!! The only word I can say. I noticed a difference after applying it twice. Soft and smooth skin.
Kat G.
Cincinnati, OH
I really enjoyed the smell and texture of this moisturizer! It absorbed quickly so as not to leave my skin feeling greasy, but it did not disappear either- I could feel that my skin was hydrated. My only issue was that I don't like dipping my fingers into a tub that I am going to store and keep. I prefer lotion tubes, so I will need to try their new packaging in the future!
Julie J.
Hinckley, OH
I can only use this product in the summer when my skin is naturally more oily and less sensitive. However now that the seasons are changing and my sensitive skin needs more moisture, I do NOT recommend for anyone with sensitive/dry skin. This is a great product to apply before foundation but not for daily moisture.
Lisa M.
How has this really helped your skin, if at all? Is it worth the sticker price?
Mary R.
Carmel, IN
I tried this product from a sample. Anyone else think the smell is terrible?
Kay T.
Vancouver
Christina B.
Richmond, IN
How soon do you see the affects after using this moisturizer?
Caitlin H.
Lexington, KY
Does it have a strong smell or is it a light scent?