BY PHILOSOPHY

• Is this okay for oily and sensitive skin?4 Answers
  • Does it contain hyaluronic acid?1 Answers
  • I used to love this product years ago, but it had almost ...1 Answers
Buy on Sephora
  • "This is a very good moisturizer i really don't like that my moisturizers have smells to them because sometimes the fragrances can clog up your pores but using this has really helped my skin. It protects from any environmental damages and it is very hydrating the smell is the only downside but my skin looks so dewy and it is hypoallergenic so it wont clog pores. So anyone with acne prone skin this is your match made in heaven " in 97 reviews
  • "I've been a loyal customer of philosophy for as long as I can remember. Every winter I stock up on this stuff because my face gets so dry. After a couple of uses I noticed a huge change in my face. My face was back to glowing and it wasn't dry at all...and not too oily. Its great for year round dry skin too! I use it sometimes in the summer when my face decides to lose its moisture!" in 90 reviews
  • "I have super sensitive skin and have a hard time finding moisturizers that don't clog my pores. I love this one so much and honestly never even noticed the smell. It's really lightweight which is exactly what I was looking for! " in 74 reviews
  • "Hands down the best moisturizer that has worked for me." in 5 reviews
Mariah W.
It works really well, it's light and smells nice. It doesn't leave my face feeling greasy. And it lasts all day. It even stays working well in the winter on me when my face gets it's driest. It gets the job done. It is expensive but the jar is huge and if you use it the way it's supposed to be used it'll last you like a year!
Abby R.
El Paso, TX
This product is great it really makes my skin super soft, it doesn't dry out my face at all. It isn't too pricey but then again it kind of is. It gives my face a nice glow, without looking oily. I do recommend this product, I don't see any problem with it whatsoever.
Zac P.
Fayetteville, NC
I work in an Ulta beauty, and I've tried many many moisturizers. But Hope in a Jar is one I always come back to, it's intensely moisturizing without being oily. I have dry skin and it gives my ski the perfect amount of hydration if I put it on before bed. Love this!
Kristy D.
Dearborn Hts, MI
I recently received this product in a set from Philosophy and I LOVE it!! It leaves my skin soft and is hydrating. I suffer from acne but it does not break me out which is a huge bonus for me!! I will be purchasing the full size once this runs out!
Khyati S.
This is a good moisturizer. It works with a lot of skin types and it does not have a strong scent. It hydrates the skin and minimizes the appearance of pores. The only complaint is that it is a pretty expensive skincare product.
Meghan C.
I tried Hope in a jar the other day and wanted to hurry up and provide feedback. I am amazed that how well it works. I received a sample that I did not order but somehow came to my house and I am glad it did. AMAZING!! The only word I can say. I noticed a difference after applying it twice. Soft and smooth skin.
Kat G.
Cincinnati, OH
I really enjoyed the smell and texture of this moisturizer! It absorbed quickly so as not to leave my skin feeling greasy, but it did not disappear either- I could feel that my skin was hydrated. My only issue was that I don't like dipping my fingers into a tub that I am going to store and keep. I prefer lotion tubes, so I will need to try their new packaging in the future!
Alexandra R.
Recently had a facial at a philosophy event at Ulta and I have to say that this moisturizer does not make my skin oily like other have before. I only use it at night but so far so good. A bit pricey but definitely worth it
Julie J.
Hinckley, OH
I can only use this product in the summer when my skin is naturally more oily and less sensitive. However now that the seasons are changing and my sensitive skin needs more moisture, I do NOT recommend for anyone with sensitive/dry skin. This is a great product to apply before foundation but not for daily moisture.
Marissa K.
Saint Louis, MO
I bought this as suggested by a sales rep and I was very disappointed. It was thick and felt like I smeared goop on my face that would dry into a plastic feeling mess, I was not at all impressed. I would say it's more of a night mask type of feeling or an every-so-often deep moisturizer. Definitely not for me.
Lisa M.
Colorado Spgs, CO
How has this really helped your skin, if at all? Is it worth the sticker price?
Mary R.
Carmel, IN
I tried this product from a sample. Anyone else think the smell is terrible?
Kay T.
Vancouver
Christina B.
Richmond, IN
How soon do you see the affects after using this moisturizer?
Caitlin H.
Lexington, KY
Does it have a strong smell or is it a light scent?