BY PHILOSOPHY

• Is this okay for oily and sensitive skin?4 Answers
  • Does it contain hyaluronic acid?1 Answers
  • I used to love this product years ago, but it had almost ...1 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "This is a very good moisturizer i really don't like that my moisturizers have smells to them because sometimes the fragrances can clog up your pores but using this has really helped my skin. It protects from any environmental damages and it is very hydrating the smell is the only downside but my skin looks so dewy and it is hypoallergenic so it wont clog pores. So anyone with acne prone skin this is your match made in heaven " in 97 reviews
  • "I've been a loyal customer of philosophy for as long as I can remember. Every winter I stock up on this stuff because my face gets so dry. After a couple of uses I noticed a huge change in my face. My face was back to glowing and it wasn't dry at all...and not too oily. Its great for year round dry skin too! I use it sometimes in the summer when my face decides to lose its moisture!" in 90 reviews
  • "I have super sensitive skin and have a hard time finding moisturizers that don't clog my pores. I love this one so much and honestly never even noticed the smell. It's really lightweight which is exactly what I was looking for! " in 74 reviews
  • "Hands down the best moisturizer that has worked for me." in 5 reviews
Sol P.
Hands down the best moisturizer that has worked for me. I have dry skin around my mouth and nose, and this is the only one that can calm it down! I've spent more money trying to find alternatives, so from now on I'll stick to this one. Saving up for the huge jar seems to be the best value, but be on the lookout for gift/value sets that include it.
Shaunna W.
Talk about perfect hydration for your skin! Hope in a jar is more than hope it's more like reality in a jar! My skin has never looked better since using this product and is so moisturized without being greasy or heavy on my skin. Philosophy hope In a jar has a beautiful smell and silky feel on the skin. This is a must have for my daily routine!
Matthew G.
La Porte, TX
I have combo skin and I've heard lots of great things about this. It wasn't too heavy and it was easy to apply. I didn't notice too much difference in my complexion. I used it for over a month and since it is a little pricey I explored other options.
Claudia P.
Warwick , RI
Love the way this smells, OMG! The price, not so much. I tried this for a few night because I got it as a sample from Sephora, I didn't notice any difference on my skin, maybe I didn't used it long enough, I don't know. But it smells really good.
Karla C.
Kaneohe, HI
This was ok. I tend to buy more affordable skim care because my skin texture changes a lot, but I decided to splurge and buy this cream. it was ok. I have dry/combo skin and it just wasn't enough. I used 2 layers and still had to go in with another face cream for it to not feel tacky.
Marissa M.
Love this for so long, it was my holy grail moisturizer until I bought a new tub. Used it for the first time, and the smell was horrible, plus the fumes burned my eyes. If they would just somehow bring back the old formula, I would buy this by the gallon:-/
Judy L.
I love hope in a jar, the consistency feels very light but leave a nice coat over the skin. My face feels super soft and smooth after applying hope in a jar. It's similar to an exfoliating cream as well. I definitely would recommend this item as it is one of my all time favorites. Does not cause irritation or redness. If anything, my skin is less red after applying and my skin appears brighter.
Jaime A.
West allis, WI
I purchased this when my friend told me it felt like what she would imagine whip cream clouds rubbed on your face would feel like and I couldn't agree more.

It's light enough that I can use it regularly and It moisturizes wonderfully. Exactly what I was looking for, especially heading into the summer months.

Definitely my new favorite!
Brooke C.
Port Angeles, WA
This jar lasts me a few months and works wonders for dry skin. It goes on light, and absorbs quite quickly, which is why I use it, I don't have time for the long drying time. It is WELL worth the price, and to me, works better than the store bought kind that don't offer results like this one (reduction in fine lines over 3 months for me).
S O.
Old Hickory, TN
Someone gave me this. This came withstood har for morning, one for night time, and an eye cream. It smells lovely. Feels lovely on the skin, but after a month, I just don't see this as anything that's mind blowing. Gentle, lightly scented. Probably would not purchase again.
Lisa M.
How has this really helped your skin, if at all? Is it worth the sticker price?
Mary R.
Carmel, IN
I tried this product from a sample. Anyone else think the smell is terrible?
Kay T.
Vancouver
Christina B.
Richmond, IN
How soon do you see the affects after using this moisturizer?
Caitlin H.
Lexington, KY
Does it have a strong smell or is it a light scent?