BY PHILOSOPHY

• Is this okay for oily and sensitive skin?4 Answers
  • Does it contain hyaluronic acid?1 Answers
  • I used to love this product years ago, but it had almost an oily ...1 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "I don't have wrinkles but have dry skin especially in the winter because i live in a very snowy icky state and let me tell you this worked wonders." in 8 reviews
  • "However now that the seasons are changing and my sensitive skin needs more moisture, I do NOT recommend for anyone with sensitive/dry skin." in 5 reviews
  • "Hands down the best moisturizer that has worked for me." in 5 reviews
  • "It always feels like and fresh on my face and a little goes a long way!" in 4 reviews
J H.
I would love to like this product because it has nice consistency in it and it moisturizes the skin longer without feeling greasy. The skin feels soft and the moisturizer itself is lightweight. The thing is, for one, the smell of this product is too strong. The more it stays on my skin the more I have this urge to wipe my face to take the smell off. Two, every time I apply this product, I feel itchiness all over my face. Which makes me think if this product is any good at all for my skin or just doing some more damage.
Pallavi K.
I have oily combination skin which changes with the season, oily in summer and dry in winter. Hope in a jar is my go to for summer months because it is light enough to be worn under makeup. Even if the formula is very light, it moisturizes whole day without leaving skin dry. Sometimes I end up sleeping with it on and never had issues with breakouts.
Jodi D.
Orrville , OH
I love Hope in a Jar (not the newer Renewed Hope in A Jar). This formula, the original one is great. I use it as an everyday moisturizer and it leaves my skin feeling smooth a looking brighter. My skin is somewhat sensitive and this formula has never irritated my face at all. It has a light, refreshing smell. I would highly recommend this moisturizer!
Brianna G.
Clearfield, PA
I use this almost daily. On the days I don't, I use the night-time version. This is my go-to, always in my cabinet, can't live without moisturizer. It vastly reduces the redness and breakouts when used regularly with proper cleansing and if you watch sales and specials, you can get an awesome price. You don't need much, a little goes a long way!
Sarah H.
Prescott, AZ
I tried a sample of this out of curiosity. If you suffer from dry skin this might be the product for you, but on my combination-oily skin it felt very greasy and seemed to never quite absorb. It's not inherently a bad product, I think this is just a case of not being the right moisturizer for my skin type. Like some other reviewers have mentioned it does have a pretty unpleasant smell (very chemical/paint-like to me) but I found that this dissipated very quickly after application.
MALEIKA B.
Portland, OR
I use this moisturizer every night after my shower. i typically take really how showers and the water drys out my face really really bad. So what i do is wash my face with the purity face wash and then after my shower i will pat dry my face and apply the hope in a jar moisturizer. This product is amazing, it makes my face so smooth and so soft and it makes my face so healthy looking. For now this is my go to product until i find another one that does the same as this one. I do have an open mind and will continue to keep trying new products.
Summer E.
Jamestown, KY
I used this product years ago and forgot why I disliked it so much until recently. I received a free jar for a review from philosophy, and I only give truthful reviews. So first off, it smells like garbage. I can't emphasize enough how horrible the smell is. Next, it does absolutely nothing for my skin. It soaks into my face quick, my skin still feels dry, it doesn't do anything for dark under eye circles or redness. Trust me, save your money for something else.
Emily P.
West Des Moines, IA
Hope In A Jar is my go-to moisturizer, and I recommend it to everyone I meet. My skin is pretty low-maintenance, but more on the sensitive side and dry in the winter. Hope In A Jar has only helped my skin, never irritating it! Its only downside is its smell, but being fragrance free probably makes it better for your skin!
Samantha J.
Winter Park, FL
This is one of the products I've seen the effects of only after one night. I'm not giving it a full five stars because it seems to leave glittery-looking spots all over my face that don't look "illuminating", just odd and annoying. But I wear it at night, so that hasn't been a problem. It WILL make your eyes water a bit if you put it too close -- use an eye cream for that area. Otherwise, I wake up with more supple, soft, and younger looking skin.
Emily A.
If you can get over the smell, it's an okay moisturizer -- definitely works best for those with dry to normal skin.

I received this as gratis and really wanted to try it out but could barely stand the smell to apply it. My boyfriend went to kiss me and immediately asked what was on my face as it smelled HORRIBLE!

This moisturizer gets SO much hype but the smell is enough to make me NEVER use it again!

Lisa M.
How has this really helped your skin, if at all? Is it worth the sticker price?
Mary R.
Carmel, IN
I tried this product from a sample. Anyone else think the smell is terrible?
Kay T.
Vancouver
Christina B.
Richmond, IN
How soon do you see the affects after using this moisturizer?
Caitlin H.
Lexington, KY
Does it have a strong smell or is it a light scent?