• Is this okay for oily and sensitive skin?4 Answers
  • Does it contain hyaluronic acid?1 Answers
  • I used to love this product years ago, but it had almost an oily ...1 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "Hands down the best moisturizer that has worked for me." in 5 reviews
  • "It always feels like and fresh on my face and a little goes a long way!" in 4 reviews
  • "She uses it every night to keep her skin nice and moisturized." in 3 reviews
  • "I had really dry skin and my nose would always break out when I used this it was like my skin just sucked it right up because it was so thirsty." in 3 reviews
Elisabeth B.
I think this product is fine. Does the job. I don't see anything amazing or awe-inspiring about it, but it has been a good, steady moisturizer for me for a while now. I actually first heard about it in 2004 on "Oprah's Favorite Things." As I get older and lines become more of an issue, though, I'd be interested in a product with more visible results.
Heather G.
Savannah, GA
I was not too thrilled with philosophy hope in a jar. I didn't like the way it felt after applying to my skin. It was greasy and didn't seem to moisturize my face very well. The packaging was nice and I've heard many good things about this brand but I wouldn't purchase this again.
Edith S.
I bought this product in a set and was really looking forward to getting this. Unfortunately either because I got an old batch I did not like this cream at all. I felt it was sticky and didn't absorb well and kinda sat on my skin ... I'm not a big fan. I love other Philosophy products like scrub and foundation, just not this one... Sorry philosophy
Keri D.
Tuscola, IL
I just recently started using this. I take an acne medication and have a few dry spots amidst my oily skin. It feels soothing on the red things I call my cheeks.. I use around my eyes also. So far so good. I haven't experienced any breakouts from it.
Shaunna W.
Talk about perfect hydration for your skin! Hope in a jar is more than hope it's more like reality in a jar! My skin has never looked better since using this product and is so moisturized without being greasy or heavy on my skin. Philosophy hope In a jar has a beautiful smell and silky feel on the skin. This is a must have for my daily routine!
Matthew G.
La Porte, TX
I have combo skin and I've heard lots of great things about this. It wasn't too heavy and it was easy to apply. I didn't notice too much difference in my complexion. I used it for over a month and since it is a little pricey I explored other options.
Sol P.
Hands down the best moisturizer that has worked for me. I have dry skin around my mouth and nose, and this is the only one that can calm it down! I've spent more money trying to find alternatives, so from now on I'll stick to this one. Saving up for the huge jar seems to be the best value, but be on the lookout for gift/value sets that include it.
Jennifer J.
I will never use another moisturizer. Although it may smell odd to some I like the fresh smell it has. The scent is not long lasting, so if you can hold out till the smell wears off you will never want another moisturizer. It is super light & not greasy at all. My skin just drinks this up & leaves my skin looking dewy & smooth! It lasts me all day.
Kristin D.
I grew up in a humid town, and always had oily skin. So I never thought I'd need a moisturizer. But then OHAI 40, and my skin (while still being oily in parts) started to dry out, even in same said humid town. So I started using Hope in a Jar, on my mother's recommendation (she has flawless skin so I figured she might know from good products).
Dang, was she right! Hope in a Jar is just that. My face is smooth and largely wrinkle-free, and I don't miss a day of the stuff.
Claudia P.
Warwick , RI
Love the way this smells, OMG! The price, not so much. I tried this for a few night because I got it as a sample from Sephora, I didn't notice any difference on my skin, maybe I didn't used it long enough, I don't know. But it smells really good.
Lisa M.
How has this really helped your skin, if at all? Is it worth the sticker price?
Mary R.
Carmel, IN
I tried this product from a sample. Anyone else think the smell is terrible?
Kay T.
Christina B.
Richmond, IN
How soon do you see the affects after using this moisturizer?
Caitlin H.
Lexington, KY
Does it have a strong smell or is it a light scent?