BY PHILOSOPHY

• Is this okay for oily and sensitive skin?4 Answers
  • Does it contain hyaluronic acid?1 Answers
  • I used to love this product years ago, but it had almost an oily ...1 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "I don't have wrinkles but have dry skin especially in the winter because i live in a very snowy icky state and let me tell you this worked wonders." in 8 reviews
  • "However now that the seasons are changing and my sensitive skin needs more moisture, I do NOT recommend for anyone with sensitive/dry skin." in 5 reviews
  • "Hands down the best moisturizer that has worked for me." in 5 reviews
  • "It always feels like and fresh on my face and a little goes a long way!" in 4 reviews
Alexandra
I have very dry and sensitive skin, this stuff worked so well it got rid of the dry ashyness on my face and it gave me a good glow under my makeup. There are sample sizes at Sephora so if you are thinking of trying it I definitely recommend it, also if you have sensitive skin it won't break you out.
Danielle I.
Cordova, TN
I was apprehensive about investing a ton of money on a moisturizer, so I opted for the smaller version--this 0.5 oz Hope in a Jar by Philosophy. This moisturizer feels like silk! It goes a long way and smells amazing, yet subtle. After just one use I could already tell that I made a good choice in my purchase. I'm sold and will be buying the larger jar.
Aly Y.
Saint Louis, MO
This is one of my go-to travel essentials. The travel size that they sell at Sephora is perfect for slipping in your bag to keep your face from going thirsty when flying. It works for hand lotion in a pinch too. And the smell is subtle enough that it does bother anyone around you (though my boyfriend says it smells like chemicals. I strongly disagree)
Elisabeth B.
I think this product is fine. Does the job. I don't see anything amazing or awe-inspiring about it, but it has been a good, steady moisturizer for me for a while now. I actually first heard about it in 2004 on "Oprah's Favorite Things." As I get older and lines become more of an issue, though, I'd be interested in a product with more visible results.
Edith S.
I bought this product in a set and was really looking forward to getting this. Unfortunately either because I got an old batch I did not like this cream at all. I felt it was sticky and didn't absorb well and kinda sat on my skin ... I'm not a big fan. I love other Philosophy products like scrub and foundation, just not this one... Sorry philosophy
Heather G.
Savannah, GA
I was not too thrilled with philosophy hope in a jar. I didn't like the way it felt after applying to my skin. It was greasy and didn't seem to moisturize my face very well. The packaging was nice and I've heard many good things about this brand but I wouldn't purchase this again.
Keri D.
Tuscola, IL
I just recently started using this. I take an acne medication and have a few dry spots amidst my oily skin. It feels soothing on the red things I call my cheeks.. I use around my eyes also. So far so good. I haven't experienced any breakouts from it.
Danielle F.
Staffordsvlle, KY
This moisturizer smells wonderful, feels light on your face, and to my experience, does not cause oil or acne like others I have tried. As with most Philosophy products, a little bit goes a long way. I use an amount about the size of a dime for my entire face at night. The product also comes in formulas for dry skin, oily skin, or for all skin types.
Shaunna W.
Talk about perfect hydration for your skin! Hope in a jar is more than hope it's more like reality in a jar! My skin has never looked better since using this product and is so moisturized without being greasy or heavy on my skin. Philosophy hope In a jar has a beautiful smell and silky feel on the skin. This is a must have for my daily routine!
Matthew G.
La Porte, TX
I have combo skin and I've heard lots of great things about this. It wasn't too heavy and it was easy to apply. I didn't notice too much difference in my complexion. I used it for over a month and since it is a little pricey I explored other options.
Lisa M.
How has this really helped your skin, if at all? Is it worth the sticker price?
Mary R.
Carmel, IN
I tried this product from a sample. Anyone else think the smell is terrible?
Kay T.
Vancouver
Christina B.
Richmond, IN
How soon do you see the affects after using this moisturizer?
Caitlin H.
Lexington, KY
Does it have a strong smell or is it a light scent?