BY PHILOSOPHY

• Is this okay for oily and sensitive skin?4 Answers
  • Does it contain hyaluronic acid?1 Answers
  • I used to love this product years ago, but it had almost ...1 Answers
Buy on Sephora
  • "This is a very good moisturizer i really don't like that my moisturizers have smells to them because sometimes the fragrances can clog up your pores but using this has really helped my skin. It protects from any environmental damages and it is very hydrating the smell is the only downside but my skin looks so dewy and it is hypoallergenic so it wont clog pores. So anyone with acne prone skin this is your match made in heaven " in 97 reviews
  • "I've been a loyal customer of philosophy for as long as I can remember. Every winter I stock up on this stuff because my face gets so dry. After a couple of uses I noticed a huge change in my face. My face was back to glowing and it wasn't dry at all...and not too oily. Its great for year round dry skin too! I use it sometimes in the summer when my face decides to lose its moisture!" in 90 reviews
  • "I have super sensitive skin and have a hard time finding moisturizers that don't clog my pores. I love this one so much and honestly never even noticed the smell. It's really lightweight which is exactly what I was looking for! " in 74 reviews
  • "Hands down the best moisturizer that has worked for me." in 5 reviews
Heather G.
Savannah, GA
I was not too thrilled with philosophy hope in a jar. I didn't like the way it felt after applying to my skin. It was greasy and didn't seem to moisturize my face very well. The packaging was nice and I've heard many good things about this brand but I wouldn't purchase this again.
Edith S.
I bought this product in a set and was really looking forward to getting this. Unfortunately either because I got an old batch I did not like this cream at all. I felt it was sticky and didn't absorb well and kinda sat on my skin ... I'm not a big fan. I love other Philosophy products like scrub and foundation, just not this one... Sorry philosophy
Danielle F.
Staffordsvlle, KY
This moisturizer smells wonderful, feels light on your face, and to my experience, does not cause oil or acne like others I have tried. As with most Philosophy products, a little bit goes a long way. I use an amount about the size of a dime for my entire face at night. The product also comes in formulas for dry skin, oily skin, or for all skin types.
Kristin D.
I grew up in a humid town, and always had oily skin. So I never thought I'd need a moisturizer. But then OHAI 40, and my skin (while still being oily in parts) started to dry out, even in same said humid town. So I started using Hope in a Jar, on my mother's recommendation (she has flawless skin so I figured she might know from good products).
Dang, was she right! Hope in a Jar is just that. My face is smooth and largely wrinkle-free, and I don't miss a day of the stuff.
Claudia P.
Warwick , RI
Love the way this smells, OMG! The price, not so much. I tried this for a few night because I got it as a sample from Sephora, I didn't notice any difference on my skin, maybe I didn't used it long enough, I don't know. But it smells really good.
Shaunna W.
Talk about perfect hydration for your skin! Hope in a jar is more than hope it's more like reality in a jar! My skin has never looked better since using this product and is so moisturized without being greasy or heavy on my skin. Philosophy hope In a jar has a beautiful smell and silky feel on the skin. This is a must have for my daily routine!
Jennifer J.
I will never use another moisturizer. Although it may smell odd to some I like the fresh smell it has. The scent is not long lasting, so if you can hold out till the smell wears off you will never want another moisturizer. It is super light & not greasy at all. My skin just drinks this up & leaves my skin looking dewy & smooth! It lasts me all day.
Sol P.
Hands down the best moisturizer that has worked for me. I have dry skin around my mouth and nose, and this is the only one that can calm it down! I've spent more money trying to find alternatives, so from now on I'll stick to this one. Saving up for the huge jar seems to be the best value, but be on the lookout for gift/value sets that include it.
Tiana T.
Ocala, FL
The sent alone of this cream is intoxicating to me, and the cream itself is an ideal and perfect product for me and my skin, it leaves my skin so moisturized and the packaging is sleek as well ! I love it ! Buying it again ? Well duh lol it's AMAZING !
Matthew G.
La Porte, TX
I have combo skin and I've heard lots of great things about this. It wasn't too heavy and it was easy to apply. I didn't notice too much difference in my complexion. I used it for over a month and since it is a little pricey I explored other options.
Lisa M.
Colorado Spgs, CO
How has this really helped your skin, if at all? Is it worth the sticker price?
Mary R.
Carmel, IN
I tried this product from a sample. Anyone else think the smell is terrible?
Kay T.
Vancouver
Christina B.
Richmond, IN
How soon do you see the affects after using this moisturizer?
Caitlin H.
Lexington, KY
Does it have a strong smell or is it a light scent?