BY PHILOSOPHY

• Is this okay for oily and sensitive skin?4 Answers
  • Does it contain hyaluronic acid?1 Answers
  • I used to love this product years ago, but it had almost ...1 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "This is a very good moisturizer i really don't like that my moisturizers have smells to them because sometimes the fragrances can clog up your pores but using this has really helped my skin. It protects from any environmental damages and it is very hydrating the smell is the only downside but my skin looks so dewy and it is hypoallergenic so it wont clog pores. So anyone with acne prone skin this is your match made in heaven " in 97 reviews
  • "I've been a loyal customer of philosophy for as long as I can remember. Every winter I stock up on this stuff because my face gets so dry. After a couple of uses I noticed a huge change in my face. My face was back to glowing and it wasn't dry at all...and not too oily. Its great for year round dry skin too! I use it sometimes in the summer when my face decides to lose its moisture!" in 90 reviews
  • "I have super sensitive skin and have a hard time finding moisturizers that don't clog my pores. I love this one so much and honestly never even noticed the smell. It's really lightweight which is exactly what I was looking for! " in 74 reviews
  • "Hands down the best moisturizer that has worked for me." in 5 reviews
Christina D.
Glen Burnie, MD
I think this is a great moisturizer to use at night , but it is quite heavy to use for day time. My skin is combination but this seems to pull out my oils more. It's a very slippery type moisturizer and I don't feel like it ever fully absorbs into my face. Would probably be great for someone with dryer skin.
Savannah D.
Williamsburg, VA
I've been using Hope in A Jar ever since I tried a sample from ULTA a few years back, and it's been my absolute favorite evermore. It's a wonderful moisturizer that goes on very wet but absorbs extremely quickly. It's an amazing little product to have in winter, and it tackles even the flakiest skin. I buy the day/night combo every year for great upkeep for my skin.
Liz D.
Bloomington, IN
Best daily moisturizer I've ever used. I think it even works to fight blemishes. The only thing I don't like is the smell... The Renewed version of the product is missing the smell but the moisturizer doesn't work as well for some reason. I guess the formulation is changed when you have to mask the scent.
Hunter M.
I love everything about this product except for the smell! It's great for sensitive, dry skin and leaves your skin feeling smooth, hydrated, but not greasy. The only thing I disliked about this product was the smell (and the price) I found that this smells a bit like playdough.
Rayna L.
The only thing I'm not crazy about is the smell BUT I use a lot of natural products so I got over it quickly. I have sensitive skin that breaks out very easily and this is my holy grail day moisturizer. I usually have normal to dry skin and it works wonders.
Danielle I.
Cordova, TN
I was apprehensive about investing a ton of money on a moisturizer, so I opted for the smaller version--this 0.5 oz Hope in a Jar by Philosophy. This moisturizer feels like silk! It goes a long way and smells amazing, yet subtle. After just one use I could already tell that I made a good choice in my purchase. I'm sold and will be buying the larger jar.
Alexandra
I have very dry and sensitive skin, this stuff worked so well it got rid of the dry ashyness on my face and it gave me a good glow under my makeup. There are sample sizes at Sephora so if you are thinking of trying it I definitely recommend it, also if you have sensitive skin it won't break you out.
Gabriela G.
Jonesboro , GA
I've been using this for about 2 years. I still have the same jar but that's because I can't stick to a darn routine but anyway I do love this product the jar is simple but nice and it's not too thick but not watery either, it always leaves me feeling very moisturized and doesn't leave that sticky feeling on your face. I would buy this time and time again.
Aly Y.
Saint Louis, MO
This is one of my go-to travel essentials. The travel size that they sell at Sephora is perfect for slipping in your bag to keep your face from going thirsty when flying. It works for hand lotion in a pinch too. And the smell is subtle enough that it does bother anyone around you (though my boyfriend says it smells like chemicals. I strongly disagree)
Danielle F.
Staffordsvlle, KY
This moisturizer smells wonderful, feels light on your face, and to my experience, does not cause oil or acne like others I have tried. As with most Philosophy products, a little bit goes a long way. I use an amount about the size of a dime for my entire face at night. The product also comes in formulas for dry skin, oily skin, or for all skin types.
Lisa M.
Colorado Spgs, CO
How has this really helped your skin, if at all? Is it worth the sticker price?
Mary R.
Carmel, IN
I tried this product from a sample. Anyone else think the smell is terrible?
Kay T.
Vancouver
Christina B.
Richmond, IN
How soon do you see the affects after using this moisturizer?
Caitlin H.
Lexington, KY
Does it have a strong smell or is it a light scent?

back