BY PHILOSOPHY

• Is this okay for oily and sensitive skin?4 Answers
  • Does it contain hyaluronic acid?1 Answers
  • I used to love this product years ago, but it had almost an oily ...1 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "I don't have wrinkles but have dry skin especially in the winter because i live in a very snowy icky state and let me tell you this worked wonders." in 8 reviews
  • "However now that the seasons are changing and my sensitive skin needs more moisture, I do NOT recommend for anyone with sensitive/dry skin." in 5 reviews
  • "Hands down the best moisturizer that has worked for me." in 5 reviews
  • "It always feels like and fresh on my face and a little goes a long way!" in 4 reviews
Jennifer B.
Wind Gap, PA
I love anything Philosophy!! This is just another product to add to this list of things I love from them. It is the perfect moisturizer for day time because it is not too heavy and sinks into the skin fast. I have pretty sensitive skin and this did not make me have any kind of reaction. 5 stars for sure!
Betsy A.
Joliet , IL
This is a very good moisturizer i really don't like that my moisturizers have smells to them because sometimes the fragrances can clog up your pores but using this has really helped my skin. It protects from any environmental damages and it is very hydrating the smell is the only downside but my skin looks so dewy and it is hypoallergenic so it wont clog pores. So anyone with acne prone skin this is your match made in heaven
Rebecca R.
Atlanta, GA
It may be pricey but definitely with it. I have very dry skin and often break out into a red bumpy rash due to the dryness. This moisturizer was the first to help get rid of that rash and keep it gone. Light and fluffy feeling with a relatively strong but pleasant smell that does not linger after application. Very hydrating and did not make my sensitive skin break out. A little goes a long way with this product so the smaller jar lasts me months.
Chloe D.
I have dry skin and this works wonders for me! Its super moisturizing and cooling, and sinks into the skin immediately after applied. I definitely recommend this product. If you're on the fence because of price I would say just go for it!
Heat will destroy this product and make it gross. I don't mean while on your face, but in term of shipping it to a hot location or leaving it in the car on a hot day. It will get weird and smell bad! Also my friend purchased it off of Amazon one time and it came to her like this. I would say, play it safe and get it from a Sephora or Ulta.
Jennifer V.
Bartow, FL
I got my samples with my Ulta Beauty order. I sad to say I did not like these products at all. In my experience it did not work well with oily skin. And I had a mild allergic reaction to both the refreshing & refining moisturizer and the overnight recharge and refining moisturizer. I will not be purchased this and will not recommend it to friends.
Lauren W.
Austin, TX
Bought this for my mom since it's just a simple moisturizer and her skincare regimen was lacking substance. She said it did help hydrate her skin during the colder months, but was a little too heavy for summertime on her oily skin. I wouldn't purchase it again, I would find something a little nicer.
Katherine S.
Deferiet , NY
I have a hard time finding a good moisturizer that's not too heavy. I love this stuff, it's so lightweight. It has a lavender scent to it that some people might not like, but it doesn't bother me. It IS pricey, but this one jar has lasted me almost a year. I just dab my finger in it, then gently dab that around my face and spread it around and down my neck. It's worked better than anything else I've tried. Most creams leave me feeling greasy and this just soaks right in. It's worth the money!
Crystal H.
I got this as a gift last month. I've been using it and it seems that my pores are less visible and my skin looks bright and fresh. However, I do not like the scent, so I typically use it sparingly and mix with a good smelling moisturizer.
Amaris A.
SAN GABRIEL, CA
I have been on the look out for a great moisturizer I saw this in a set for the holidays and I bought it thought it would be a grate way to try this brand and I can honestly say I'm probably not going to use anything else but this the set came with about 5 products and I'm head over heels with this if you need something for your skin care seriously try this it changed my life and skin of course my skin feels amazing
Jay M.
Sacramento , CA
I used Hope in a Jar for years. I have very dry, sensitive skin. this product added moisture back to my skin where it was desperately needed. I did find it to be a bit greasy and the smell was slightly perfumy which I did not care for. I have switched to using Tarte Maracuja oil and it is one of my holy grail products now. I did like the fact that all of Philosophy products are made with sensitive skin in mind.
Lisa M.
How has this really helped your skin, if at all? Is it worth the sticker price?
Mary R.
Carmel, IN
I tried this product from a sample. Anyone else think the smell is terrible?
Kay T.
Vancouver
Christina B.
Richmond, IN
How soon do you see the affects after using this moisturizer?
Caitlin H.
Lexington, KY
Does it have a strong smell or is it a light scent?