BY PHILOSOPHY

• Is this okay for oily and sensitive skin?4 Answers
  • Does it contain hyaluronic acid?1 Answers
  • I used to love this product years ago, but it had almost ...1 Answers
philosophy hope in a jar
  • "This is a very good moisturizer i really don't like that my moisturizers have smells to them because sometimes the fragrances can clog up your pores but using this has really helped my skin. It protects from any environmental damages and it is very hydrating the smell is the only downside but my skin looks so dewy and it is hypoallergenic so it wont clog pores. So anyone with acne prone skin this is your match made in heaven " in 97 reviews
  • "I've been a loyal customer of philosophy for as long as I can remember. Every winter I stock up on this stuff because my face gets so dry. After a couple of uses I noticed a huge change in my face. My face was back to glowing and it wasn't dry at all...and not too oily. Its great for year round dry skin too! I use it sometimes in the summer when my face decides to lose its moisture!" in 90 reviews
  • "I have super sensitive skin and have a hard time finding moisturizers that don't clog my pores. I love this one so much and honestly never even noticed the smell. It's really lightweight which is exactly what I was looking for! " in 74 reviews
  • "Hands down the best moisturizer that has worked for me." in 5 reviews
Carla T.
Orlando, FL
I have tried this before a while back and i absolutely loved it, it makes my skin feel moisturized and hydrated since i am prone to dry skin it jusy works wonders! There no oily residue, no drying to the skin, it makes your face feel like a babies bottom lol but I'm definitely looking forward to re purchase it ☺️
Amy C.
I received a sample of this product in a subscription box and fell in love! I'm disappointed that I am almost out. It is so soft and light and leaves my skin feeling smooth and hydrated. It does not seem to have a lingering scent which I like. I have been using it for a face cream before bed and it has been great!
Rila T.
Fremont, CA
Great stuff! I love my Olay moisturizer but have loved this product too. I regularly already exfoliate my skin- this stuff is great to renew your skin gently every day due to the hylauronic acid. You will still need to exfoliate at least twice a week to ensure all dead skin is off and this product can be used at maximum.

Only complaint is that the smell does need getting used to. The dry skin formula is different in texture and smell.
Megan M.
Bloomington, IN
I usually love Philosophy products, but this one sadly, disappointed me. I didn't think it moisturized that great, no better than the drugstore brand I was using and the smell was REALLY overwhelming, almost sickening. That was enough to almost get me to stop using it, but the thing that really got me was when it separated. The oils separated leaving a weird film and turning the moisturizer a creepy yellow after just two months.
Lauren L.
Kennesaw, GA
Got this as a sample when I bought some things from Ulta. I have used it twice and it has already began to work. It is lightweight, doesn't really have a scent and it goes on easy. I like that I was able to only use a small amount (a little smaller than dime size) and
It covered my entire face. I will most likely be purchasing this from now on. I have dry skin but when I moisturize it tends toake my skin oily, but this stuff is great!
Jennifer V.
Bartow, FL
I got my samples with my Ulta Beauty order. I sad to say I did not like these products at all. In my experience it did not work well with oily skin. And I had a mild allergic reaction to both the refreshing & refining moisturizer and the overnight recharge and refining moisturizer. I will not be purchased this and will not recommend it to friends.
Chloe D.
I have dry skin and this works wonders for me! Its super moisturizing and cooling, and sinks into the skin immediately after applied. I definitely recommend this product. If you're on the fence because of price I would say just go for it!
Heat will destroy this product and make it gross. I don't mean while on your face, but in term of shipping it to a hot location or leaving it in the car on a hot day. It will get weird and smell bad! Also my friend purchased it off of Amazon one time and it came to her like this. I would say, play it safe and get it from a Sephora or Ulta.
Betsy A.
Joliet , IL
Jennifer B.
Wind Gap, PA
I love anything Philosophy!! This is just another product to add to this list of things I love from them. It is the perfect moisturizer for day time because it is not too heavy and sinks into the skin fast. I have pretty sensitive skin and this did not make me have any kind of reaction. 5 stars for sure!
Rebecca R.
Atlanta, GA
It may be pricey but definitely with it. I have very dry skin and often break out into a red bumpy rash due to the dryness. This moisturizer was the first to help get rid of that rash and keep it gone. Light and fluffy feeling with a relatively strong but pleasant smell that does not linger after application. Very hydrating and did not make my sensitive skin break out. A little goes a long way with this product so the smaller jar lasts me months.
Lisa M.
Colorado Spgs, CO
How has this really helped your skin, if at all? Is it worth the sticker price?
Mary R.
Carmel, IN
I tried this product from a sample. Anyone else think the smell is terrible?
Kay T.
Vancouver
Christina B.
Richmond, IN
How soon do you see the affects after using this moisturizer?
Caitlin H.
Lexington, KY
Does it have a strong smell or is it a light scent?

back