• Is this okay for oily and sensitive skin?4 Answers
  • Does it contain hyaluronic acid?1 Answers
  • I used to love this product years ago, but it had almost an oily ...1 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "Hands down the best moisturizer that has worked for me." in 5 reviews
  • "It always feels like and fresh on my face and a little goes a long way!" in 4 reviews
  • "She uses it every night to keep her skin nice and moisturized." in 3 reviews
  • "I had really dry skin and my nose would always break out when I used this it was like my skin just sucked it right up because it was so thirsty." in 3 reviews
Gena A.
Killen, AL
Philosophy Hope in a Jar is an excellent moisturizer for all skin types. I have been using it for the past 10 years. It has far exceeded my expectations. It's non greasy, non scented formula glides on effortlessly ,and leaves your skin feeling moisturized and soft to the touch. Retailers like Belk carry Philosophy in store or you can order online from QVC.com or from Philosophy.com. I highly recommend all Philosophy products especially this moisturizer.
Lawanda T.
Columbus , OH
I tried this product. It . It goes on smooth and smell like lemons but light. have oily skin and I felt it to be ok. The texture feels like silk. It looks as if it shimmers a bit. The product doesn't clog your pores and glides on the skin effortlessly.
Candace M.
Spring Hill, TN
My "hg" item when it comes to moisturizers. I have been using this moisturizer for years and it still works wonders on my skin. I use it after cleansing and after a shower on my face and neck. My face doesn't feel overly greasy during the Summer months and it doesn't feel overly dry in the Winter months. I love this product!
Desiree G.
I just this face lotion everyday. I have combination skin like most do, but I am on the drier side and this moisturizer is great and I've been using it for years, but I do think I need something a little heavier, but this still a great cleanser. I would definitely recommend this for someone with oily skin. I have noticed that for drier skin the Philosophy Miracle Worker works nicely.
Alexandra D.
I really like this moisturizer. When I first tried it on, I felt the sensation of water splashing into my face. I was hooked. I've used this moisturizer on and off for years now, and I really like it. It's expensive, but I'd say it's worth it because the product really works. It's very light and absorbs well into the skin.
Emily P.
West Des Moines, IA
Hope In A Jar is my go-to moisturizer, and I recommend it to everyone I meet. My skin is pretty low-maintenance, but more on the sensitive side and dry in the winter. Hope In A Jar has only helped my skin, never irritating it! Its only downside is its smell, but being fragrance free probably makes it better for your skin!
Megan S.
Mount Juliet, TN
For my first use of my first jar, I fell in love with this stuff, thought it was great. Had no complaints. But now I'm on my second jar and recently my boyfriend has been complaining about the smell, but oddly enough I couldn't smell anything and thought he was being dramatic. Until one day I smelt something horrible, smelt like stinky feet. Turns out it was my moisturizer, I'm not sure why I didn't notice this sooner, I guess it had started reacting to the chemistry within my body differently, idk- but the smell is rank.
Kate G.
Wilmington, DE
At first I wasn't sure how I felt about this moisturizer but I've fallen in love. It's super lightweight and not like your typical super creamy. My face has actually started to clear up as a result, and I rarely have dry spots. I would definitely buy again. My only complaint is that it burns if you get it too close to your eyes. Other than that, I would definitely recommend!!
kelli n.
A good daily moisturizer leaves my skin feelin soft and hydrated with out makin it oily or causing brake outs wich is high on my list of things but i have combo skin soo even tho it is a good general use moisturizer i look for one with a bit more benitfits for me personalizly but def a good product and worth the price
Carla T.
Orlando, FL
I have tried this before a while back and i absolutely loved it, it makes my skin feel moisturized and hydrated since i am prone to dry skin it jusy works wonders! There no oily residue, no drying to the skin, it makes your face feel like a babies bottom lol but I'm definitely looking forward to re purchase it ☺️
Lisa M.
How has this really helped your skin, if at all? Is it worth the sticker price?
Mary R.
Carmel, IN
I tried this product from a sample. Anyone else think the smell is terrible?
Kay T.
Christina B.
Richmond, IN
How soon do you see the affects after using this moisturizer?
Caitlin H.
Lexington, KY
Does it have a strong smell or is it a light scent?