• Is this okay for oily and sensitive skin?4 Answers
  • Does it contain hyaluronic acid?1 Answers
  • I used to love this product years ago, but it had almost an oily ...1 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "Hands down the best moisturizer that has worked for me." in 5 reviews
  • "It always feels like and fresh on my face and a little goes a long way!" in 4 reviews
  • "She uses it every night to keep her skin nice and moisturized." in 3 reviews
  • "I had really dry skin and my nose would always break out when I used this it was like my skin just sucked it right up because it was so thirsty." in 3 reviews
Aminata C.
Woodbridge, VA
I have went from using so many different products for my face to simply just sticking with philosophy products. My mom introduced me to this moisturizer and it's the best thing ever. When u apply u can feel your face get supple and not dry. Before it seemed like when I used other products I didn't feel a difference in my skin but not with this line.
Tara G.
St Clr Shores, MI
Not the most moisturizing, but I love it for under my makeup because it adds a layer of moisture without becoming too oily so that my makeup slides off. I thought this would be slimier, but I was pleasantly surprised that it was not! I would like something that feels more hydrating to the skin, but this works for under makeup fairly well.
Erin O.
If you're looking for a reliable moisturizer, this is it. It spreads easily and leaves my skin feeling hydrated and plump, and doesn't leave an oily residue on skin. The only downfall -- and this is only applies during the winter months when my skin is super dry -- is that I have to really work the moisturizer into my skin, which can sometimes become a bit of a process. But overall, this is a wonderful product that will be a part of my skincare routine for a long time.
Heather M.
Fairborn, OH
When I began using I was a little put off by the scent at first. But within ONE week people started noticing. I was seeing a physical therapist at the time and she had to ask what I had been doing because she said my skin was positively radiant! I don't notice the scent so much anymore and have even grown fond of it (lavender, I think?)!
Jess E.
New Albany, OH
Great product! I bought it at Beauty Brands. It is very effective and meets my expectations. My face feels very hydrated after use. It comes in a super cute container and packaged okay.
jackeline s.
I was given "hope in a jar" mositurizer as a gift and i absolutely fell in love with it! I have pretty oily skin so anything too heavy can sometimes make me look shiny. This product made my skin feel even, smooth, and radiant. It felt very light and not at all suffocating or goopy. I use this product before I put on my make up and after I wash my face before i go to sleep. I would recommend this product to anyone who is looking for a new and improved daily mositurizer!
Schyler C.
N Salt Lake, UT
I have incredibly dry skin and was skeptical to use this moisturizer because it is so light weight but I fell in love with it. It moisturizes perfectly and helped my skin maintain a smooth and even texture. It took me about 2 weeks to notice a difference in my skin so wait at least three weeks before you give up on it because it's an awesome product. (The only moisturizer I will ever use)
Lisa c.
San Antonio, TX
This is an amazing product my teenagers had some fave blemishes and this really helped clear it all up it smells great and my girls use it daily day and night it truly is a gem in skin care
Gena A.
Killen, AL
Philosophy Hope in a Jar is an excellent moisturizer for all skin types. I have been using it for the past 10 years. It has far exceeded my expectations. It's non greasy, non scented formula glides on effortlessly ,and leaves your skin feeling moisturized and soft to the touch. Retailers like Belk carry Philosophy in store or you can order online from QVC.com or from Philosophy.com. I highly recommend all Philosophy products especially this moisturizer.
Reka Y.
I have been hooked to a certain brand of moisturizer since I was 17 and I'm 29, well that has changed. I was sent a sample of Hope in a jar from Philosophy and I instantly fell in love with it. I paired this wonderful moisturizer with my clarisonic cleanser using my clarisonic, and I have noticed an instant change when I applied the moisturizer. This is my new go to moisturizer of date. My skin is soft and smooth all day with a beautiful hydrated face. Love it!!!
Lisa M.
How has this really helped your skin, if at all? Is it worth the sticker price?
Mary R.
Carmel, IN
I tried this product from a sample. Anyone else think the smell is terrible?
Kay T.
Christina B.
Richmond, IN
How soon do you see the affects after using this moisturizer?
Caitlin H.
Lexington, KY
Does it have a strong smell or is it a light scent?